New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thursday Six 3/15
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Nothing like watching NCAA tournament basketball and playing Buzztime together. In the final round it would have been a perfect to wager 1,000 points on Sports and 6,000 points on Arts instead of the other way around. I didn't know the British Isles even had a Davis Cup team but did in 1900 to defeat the U.S. in the first one. But I only salvaged about 1500 points. L Pato and I had no idea what the question or answers were on the Arts category but the answer "Phooka" screamed pick me for obvious reasons. I'd seen the Science question in one of last month's Nth Degree I thought but Velcro and 1948 clicked so I answered correctly for 4000 points.

Post subject: Re: Thursday Six 3/15
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
L Pato and I had no idea what the question or answers were on the Arts category but the answer "Phooka" screamed pick me for obvious reasons. .

Glad you got it right, I phooked it up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
Hunk wrote:
L Pato and I had no idea what the question or answers were on the Arts category but the answer "Phooka" screamed pick me for obvious reasons. .

Glad you got it right, I phooked it up.

Ditto

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congrats to Rembrandt's for the overall win, and to West Park Station for picking up the Eastern Division title.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

ANON wrote:
Congrats to Rembrandt's for the overall win, and to West Park Station for picking up the Eastern Division title.

thanks, anon. it is really hard to accept any congratulation for any kind of win right now. we lost about 1500 points due to having a guest box handle in the top 5, but who knows how many other teams were screwed even worse.

it is one thing to have eliminated guest handles and give everybody plenty of notice, but to use this knee-jerk device to thwart protest was just plain wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

April 5 begins the "Smartest Hooters in America" tournament. Our group from Varsity Grill invaded Hooters last June and claimed the championship trophy over a game Fairview Heights, IL group. We were the first major upset victim in the November finals losing the championship on finals night to a one and done group from St. Louis, Missouri, the majority of who only played the last night after our score was 16K better than theirs the previous week, not that there's anything wrong with that. None of us knew Harry's Law was set in Cincinnati, Ohio. which proved to be the difference. That's why they play the game. Stay tuned.