New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Smartest Hooters in America Competition - Spring 2012
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It's that time again for The Smartest Hooters in America Competition which start this Thursday.

http://www.buzztime.com/hooters/home.html

Past winners from Tallahassee, FL (is Hunk n LA PATO playing?..lol) and Maryland Heights, MO (players from BWW of Creve Coeur, MO) will compete with all the other locations nationwide. There are few locations (in WA and CA) that is in the west feed.

Of course I got my Hooters team set and ready to go all the way this time (lost to Tallahassee in the first Competition)

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: The Smartest Hooters in America Competition - Spring 201
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
It's that time again for The Smartest Hooters in America Competition which start this Thursday.

http://www.buzztime.com/hooters/home.html

Past winners from Tallahassee, FL (is Hunk n LA PATO playing?..lol) and Maryland Heights, MO (players from BWW of Creve Coeur, MO) will compete with all the other locations nationwide. There are few locations (in WA and CA) that is in the west feed.

Of course I got my Hooters team set and ready to go all the way this time (lost to Tallahassee in the first Competition)

Good luck, Mitch. Your Hooters is the smartest Hooters in Illinois.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

As I posted in the "prizes for unequal competition" thread in "General Buzztime," COOGS and I would like to play in the tournament, but last time the Hooters near us to which Buzztime had specifically invited us decided to run a local competition based on its "Are You Smarter Than a Hooters Girl?" special Countdown game instead. I ended up banging my head against the wall trying to get the location, the Houston-wide Hooters rep, and Buzztime to care. I did get the nationwide Hooters to apologize, but I don't know whether that will translate into their doing a better job of informing their franchisees about the national tournament and requiring that they not thwart people who come wanting to play in it.

Of course it's possible that even if the location has kept its ill-timed promotion that the time shift for SIX will have solved the problem, so I suppose we could give it a try.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thank you Mitch (Picking up gauntlet for L Pato and I). L Pato and I warmed up last night for a busy April playing Sports IQ. Tonight we join the real "Brain Trusts" as Robert, the floor manager at Hooter's, call us by playing Showdown on the opening night of the Traveling Trophy tournament at Varsity Grill with Arthur, Raoul, Zippy, and Kendo. If they don't know the answers it's not worth knowing. Then we'll move the 10 minutes up the road to Hooter's on Thursday night to get back our "Smartest Hooters in America" title. We now all know "Harry's Law" is set in Cincinnati, OH, though I see in today's USA Today it's been cancelled. Looking forward to seeing your location and your name on the leader boards in April.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Thanks, BT, for inviting us to participate in a tournament at a location that no longer had the system. Per my previous post on this thread, we were reluctant to go back to Hooters Northwest in Houston anyway because of our experience in the same competition last year. But there wasn’t any other Hooters with the system within anything like easy driving distance, so we figured we’d give it another try, only to find out after wrangling with our Hooters girl (who had no idea what we were talking about when we said we wanted to play Buzztime trivia, and finally brought over the manager) that the location had cancelled its subscription. And yes, it’s still shown on the BT website location finder and as an Orange League participant in this tournament.

So we cancelled our order and walked out of the place for the last time. Knowing we couldn’t possibly reach any other Hooters in time for the tournament game, we instead dashed over to SRO OT, missing AIA but getting there for the start of Immortal Words. And although we had a lackluster SIX game, it would have put us third in the Orange League and fourth with both leagues combined, so we would have been within prize contention going forward.

I was curious about how creating the leagues from mixed East and West zone teams would work, considering the West’s huge advantage if they wanted to make use of it. I suppose the good news is that there doesn’t seem to be any cheating going on—but that’s because West zone Hooters teams aren’t playing. The best is Hooters at Missoula, which came in 20th with a 31K average; the next was 75th with a 14K. So if part of the rationale for the split was to encourage participation in chain-wide special tournaments, it seems to have done anything but accomplish that objective.

Am I surprised that the Hooters Northwest gave up the system? Of course not—in the two previous visits we’d made there, we had to talk them into putting the game on, explain to multiple people that we needed boxes, and then last time watch them torpedo their chance in the Hooters-wide tournament by being clueless about scheduling other games during the premium/tournament one. And then they wonder why people aren’t playing there. But BT had to have known when it sent out the emails to us—and presumably everyone else in Houston who were anywhere near that location—that the system had been or was being pulled at that location.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:02 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I posted remarks about last night's game in My Six East 4/5 Thread. A general observation after looking at today's rankings 18 establishments of 54 invited in one league and 22 establishments of 60 invited in another league is all that had any activity or 33% participation. And I thought the response to Applebee's Trivia Triathlon last September was sparse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I don't know about other locations, but the Hooters in my neck of the woods have all removed BT.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I don't know about other locations, but the Hooters in my neck of the woods have all removed BT.

The two here in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard that bothered to install, have also discontinued. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Looks like the 3 Hooters locations who was in finals the Past 2 competitions (Tallahassee beat Fairview Heights, IL (My home bar) in the first one and Tallahassee lost to Maryland Heights, MO in the 2nd one) is running away in the 1st round.

Tallahassee will be the White League winner and Either Fairview Heights or Maryland Heights will be the Orange League winner (unless a "Johnny Come Lately" wins one or both leagues)

BTW tonight (1) Tallahassee, (2) Maryland Heights and (3) Fairview Heights was the top 3 teams on SIX.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 am 
New Driver

MitchWolf wrote:
Looks like the 3 Hooters locations who was in finals the Past 2 competitions (Tallahassee beat Fairview Heights, IL (My home bar) in the first one and Tallahassee lost to Maryland Heights, MO in the 2nd one) is running away in the 1st round.

Tallahassee will be the White League winner and Either Fairview Heights or Maryland Heights will be the Orange League winner (unless a "Johnny Come Lately" wins one or both leagues)

BTW tonight (1) Tallahassee, (2) Maryland Heights and (3) Fairview Heights was the top 3 teams on SIX.

It seems this is how the cookie is crumbling...
Too bad we shot our load last night with Zippy getting a perfect game, and me missing it by one in the marathon round damn Canadian Shelf...
Really look forward to the semi- and hopefully the final round...

L PATO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We better be careful or the next "Smartest Hooter's in America" competition will be on a night other than Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:17 am 
Favorite Ounce

Yes, last night I had the highest Six score in my life with over a 65,500, and that was only good enough for third place on my team!!!! I hope and pray that we haven't shot our load. This competition is going to go up several notches when we get to the semi-finals. It is going to be very difficult to get move on to the finals. I hope we can do it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Hunk wrote:
We better be careful or the next "Smartest Hooter's in America" competition will be on a night other than Thursday.

I'm sure somebody's considering the possibility of moving it to Saturdays, whenever those mixed martial arts pay-per-view hugfests are on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Final night of the All Hooters League Competition and the standings after 3 weeks:

Orange League
1 Hooters of Maryland Heights St. Louis MO 161004
2 Hooters of Fairview Heights Fairview Heights IL 155082
3 Hooters Of McKinney McKinney TX 147977
4 Hooters of Ft. Smith Fort Smith AR 147390
5 Hooters of Hermitage Hermitage TN 117038

White League:
1 Hooters of Tallahassee Tallahassee FL 178643
2 Hooters of Burlington Burlington NC 119307
3 Hooters of Newnan Newnan GA 84546
4 Hooters of Merritt Island Merritt Island FL 57453
5 Hooters of Johnson City Johnson City TN 56337

My assumption of the Wild Card
6 Hooters of Missoula Missoula MT 104510
7 Hooters of Springfield Springfield IL 102219

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

From the Buzztime's Smartest Rules:
THE CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2012 Smartest Bar Promotion (the "Promotion") is open to Buzztime® Network locations in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada except in Michigan, Quebec province, Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island and Florida and where prohibited by law (each a “Location”). Buzztime Network locations in these excluded states and Quebec province are eligible to participate in the Promotion and be declared a winner, but are ineligible for prizes.* Employees and directors of NTN Buzztime, Inc. and NTN Canada, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively "Buzztime"), information providers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, advertising agencies, promotional and marketing agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Promotion, each Location and Location personnel agree to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions, interpretations and application of these Official Rules by Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.

If this is the latest interpretation of law then it would apply to the Hooter's competition. Tallahassee might as well just quit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Why? What's wrong with playing for glory?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Why? What's wrong with playing for glory?

I fully agree. Glory and honor are rewards by themselves.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm 
Favorite Ounce

As a member in good standing on this Tallahassee Hooters team, having the glory is definitely enough for us. So, I'm sorry to tell those other Hooters bars out there, we are not about to quit. I'm not saying that we will win. There are some very good teams out there and we will definitely need all of the luck we can muster to do well in the semi-final round. What I am saying is that we will not just lie down and not put up the best fight that we are capable of doing. We will try to play to the best of our ability and hope that is good enough.

Best of luck to all of the teams in the semi-final round!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
From the Buzztime's Smartest Rules:
THE CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2012 Smartest Bar Promotion (the "Promotion") is open to Buzztime® Network locations in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada except in Michigan, Quebec province, Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island and Florida and where prohibited by law (each a “Location”). Buzztime Network locations in these excluded states and Quebec province are eligible to participate in the Promotion and be declared a winner, but are ineligible for prizes.* Employees and directors of NTN Buzztime, Inc. and NTN Canada, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively "Buzztime"), information providers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, advertising agencies, promotional and marketing agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Promotion, each Location and Location personnel agree to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions, interpretations and application of these Official Rules by Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.

If this is the latest interpretation of law then it would apply to the Hooter's competition. Tallahassee might as well just quit.

But this is NOT the Smartest Bar contest....this is the Smartest Hooters, Jim.

This is the Smartest Hooters rules:

NTN BUZZTIME, INC.
SMARTEST HOOTERS IN AMERICA COMPETITION

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN: A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.

1.ELIGIBILITY: The Smartest Hooters in America Promotion ("Promotion") is open to all current Hooters locations which are Buzztime® subscribers in the United States and Canada except where prohibited by law (each a "Location"). Employees and directors of NTN Buzztime, Inc. and NTN Canada, Inc. (collectively, "Buzztime"), their information providers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers/sponsors, advertising agencies, promotional and marketing agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. One player ID per individual. By participating in this Promotion, each Location, Location personnel and player (each a "Participant") agrees to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions and interpretations of Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.

....Also are you playing with the Maryland Heights crew or not?.....One more thing you haven't told us since you started posting in here where are you play at. BTW most of the Hooters aren't eligible for the Smartest Bar contest since they are playing the Smartest Hooters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Kendo wrote:
As a member in good standing on this Tallahassee Hooters team, having the glory is definitely enough for us. So, I'm sorry to tell those other Hooters bars out there, we are not about to quit. I'm not saying that we will win. There are some very good teams out there and we will definitely need all of the luck we can muster to do well in the semi-final round. What I am saying is that we will not just lie down and not put up the best fight that we are capable of doing. We will try to play to the best of our ability and hope that is good enough.

Best of luck to all of the teams in the semi-final round!!!!!

I honestly didn't think you were playing just for free wings. Michigan is always excluded in contests and drawing, but don't remember seeing Florida excluded before and wondered if laws had changed or if I've just overlooked it.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Does anyone know what happened to Hooters in Burlington, N.C.? They scored 58K in the semi-finals but it was Hooter's in Missoula, MT besting Hooter's in St. Louis MO in the Finals. Kendo and I and others at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL are puzzled and learn now we only got booted by 1200 points instead of over 5500.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 am 
Lord of Scaratings

MitchWolf wrote:
The Smartest Hooters in America.

That is a funny concept.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Hooters in Burlington, N.C.? They scored 58K in the semi-finals but it was Hooter's in Missoula, MT besting Hooter's in St. Louis MO in the Finals. Kendo and I and others at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL are puzzled and learn now we only got booted by 1200 points instead of over 5500.

The crew from Maryland Heights told me tonight Hooters in Burlington, N.C. pulled the plug on Buzztime day after they finished first in the semis.

So that's why they are no longer listed in the promo.