New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Six East 5/3
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congratulations to Molly and Bubba for sharing the # 1 individual ranking and West Park Station for their # 1 bar ranking. IDJT, Tuebor, and gang really crushed the field in a very difficult but well written game. An extremely impressive showing.

It's an off night until next week for the Smartest Hooters in America Semi-Finals but Arthur and I agree to meet. Looks like Thursday is black and orange, look like Oklahoma State's home football jerseys, night for the girls. I get there at 6:30 for the warm-up, practice games before SIX and the national rankings are on the fritz. Even last week's scores posted for Immortal Words and we were nowhere near #4 bar rank tonight.

As SIX begins "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama comes on the satellite music station. This is a running joke among the team because I helped Arthur complete a perfect Buzztime game a year or two ago by helping him complete his run with a Bananarama and then Gin Blossoms music question. We're playing (with permission) Eric (SLAM) Ken (Kendo) and Richard's (TPG) boxes. Kendo is still in Boca Raton visiting his Dad and we still offer our prayers and condolences for the recent loss of his Mom. Richard and Eric have things to take care of but will be back with the rest of the team next week. We get tripped up by Sports of all things in both matching rounds. I flip-flopped Sweden and the United States on matching the Davis Cup winning years with the Country (not normally seen in Sports IQ). We do a triangle choke (totally miss three of four) on the voices of the puppets after knowing Shari Lewis voiced Lamb Chop. We're 31K--33K after the marathon round and still have hopes of a high 50K bar score. In the final round Science throws Arthur a curve as I go with his India lead on Malachite but it's Republic of the Congo. At least 8K toward our individual scores go down the drain right there. I don't know why I thought there were no 1900 Olympics with 1896 being Athens and 1904 St. Louis but in checking my references after the game there it is right there--Paris, and again in 1924. I only get 1140 on my box out of my 6000 points question and we bleed further. Last night we showed #7 in the bar rankings but apparently the Buzztime secretary told three teams with guests she would disavow any knowledge of their actions and this morning we ranked #4. Hopefully we got some bad answers out of our system and will be ready for next week.

Post subject: Re: Six East 5/3
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

thanks, hunk. we did have a good night last night. it was a pleasure to have bubba and molly in town to visit with us. they are welcome any time. we will all try again to tank a question or two again so you guys have the top spot. isn't that what a good host should do?

whenever we have a game like that, it is because everybody contributes somewhere. notable was bubba coming up with the republic of congo on the science question in the final round. wonk was all over the davis cup question. we bled some points on the arts question in the final round (which i don't recall right now). the one that really got us in the matching round was the galen moods questions. we were at a complete loss. in the marathon round timmy got us on the serena williams question.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:37 pm 
Favorite Ounce

Hunk,

Sorry I couldn't be there this week. I will be back for the Semifinals on Thursday, May 10. I hope and pray that we can move on, but I know that there is some serious competition and we will need everyone's help if we want a chance to move to the finals on May 17.

See you soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 pm 
Himself Fodder

Kendo wrote:
Hunk,

Sorry I couldn't be there this week. I will be back for the Semifinals on Thursday, May 10. I hope and pray that we can move on, but I know that there is some serious competition and we will need everyone's help if we want a chance to move to the finals on May 17.

See you soon.

Wow. You guys gonna engage in a lingering hug when you lay eyes on one another next Thursday? :shock: :D :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:34 pm 
Legal Member

To continue with IDJT's point. While WONK was all over the Davis cup. We luckily had the guess for the Friends TV show end date that I somehow guessed correctly. Also TUEBOR for knowing the 1900 Summer Olympics. The last question was the first line of "Eat, Pray, Love" which luckily we all got on.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:46 pm 
Octogenarian

Thanks to Jim and all of the other fellows up at West Park for your hospitality ... if any of you ever come down to Cincinnati, let me know and I'll return the favor. It sure is nice to take down a premium game, and as mentioned, everybody contributed something to the effort. We at the Goose already knew that the West Park crew would be formidible competition in our Smartest Bar region, but seeing them in action just reinforces that fact.

Thanks again, and good luck in the tournament!