New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Six East 5/10
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congratulations to Shmwow and the Mezzanine for their #1 individual and bar ranking last night in a very tough and challenging game. Also congratulations to Hooters of Burlington, N.C. and Hooters of Maryland Heights, in St. Louis, MO for setting the stage for the finals for next weeks Smartest Hooters in America Tournament. Either you know the answers or you don't and at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL last night hockey players, music questions and rulers' relatives combine for a triangle choke, a total whiff, and a flip-flop in the matching round. (Better known as the Macthing Round in Monday's Smartest Bar Six Game). In the Marathon Round Arthur calls Belgium as being separated from Denmark in 1890. I thought it was Luxembourg but we win and lose as a team. Once again the Entertainment Question in the Finals Round deals us a final crippling blow with the Veep TV series question. We don't watch network TV and are down to 650 points on our 5000 points question when we go with Julia Louis Dreyfuss correctly. As they always say "That's Why They Play the Game".

We all return to Varsity Bar and Grill Monday night for the Smartest Bar in 10th place in the EST4 region. As the song goes, "We've Got Work To Do".

Post subject: Re: Six East 5/10
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 am 
Ending Symphony

We were cruising to a 62K avg at the Mezz until the final round question on the Volcano Islands. Dave correctly went with Japan, but unfortunately I did not. I was thrown off by the "annexing" described in the question. Saw ourselves as #3, not too bad for a two man effort. Didn't have too much trouble with the game other wise with the exception of a little bleeding in round 3, the female artist matching (completely clueless), and the hockey player matching (only knew 2 of 4 and missed the coinflip on the remaining two).

Post subject: Re: Six East 5/10
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Thought that was quite a bit more challenging than the Wed. Six. The volcano question I completely screwed us on. I had just heard on the radio about Russia flying a plane through Indonesia and it crashing into "Volcano Island." So I basically guaranteed the wrong answer. I've also discovered I've gotten too old to try to run 5 boxes between 2 people to get a bar score.