New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Smartest Bar (Six) 7/9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congratulations to Rooney and Clancy's Clubhouse for their #1 individual and bar rankings last night.

We have a full table of our top trivia players and are moving along until we hit the women golfers on the Matching Round. I whiff as I flip flop Patty and Babe and Juli and Nancy. We're envisioning another 60K week until as John Madden used to say BAM!, the final Final Question in Arts sneaks up on us. As soon as Matt (Zippy) says Frodo is the title character of Lord of the Rings I smell a trap. I ask are you sure it's not Sauron but not loud enough for anyone to take me seriously. I go with the crowd and after the graphic says you've gotten five in a row and are this close to perfection. Don't screw it up, I screw it up. That really hurt the whole team as we rank #11 but retain our #1 ranking in the EST4 region. See everyone again next Monday.

Post subject: Re: Smartest Bar (Six) 7/9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm 
Centenarian

Hunk wrote:
Congratulations to Rooney and Clancy's Clubhouse for their #1 individual and bar rankings last night.

We have a full table of our top trivia players and are moving along until we hit the women golfers on the Matching Round. I whiff as I flip flop Patty and Babe and Juli and Nancy. We're envisioning another 60K week until as John Madden used to say BAM!, the final Final Question in Arts sneaks up on us. As soon as Matt (Zippy) says Frodo is the title character of Lord of the Rings I smell a trap. I ask are you sure it's not Sauron but not loud enough for anyone to take me seriously.

Congrats from Slapshotz to Rooney / Clancy's as well. We also were all over the board on the woman's golf question... don't think any of our boards got more than 2 out of 4. :roll: Not a good round in general for us last night anyways...

MEEE was all over the (arts) answer being Sauron (Think we might let him come back :D )... saving most of our bonuses for final round.. :D .. And ensuring a rare victory over the Megumi's for EST1 bragging rights... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
Himself Fodder

Clueless on that final question as well, however since the random elimination at our place left SAURON and LILJOL, was fairly certain of the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm 
Nonagenarian

Odd happenings in the Pacific region: BWW Vegas played a differrent game, and did not report a score. They also appear to have played different Countdown games, including a repeat game, that Steel Pit (who did report) did not see. My first theory was that BWW had a connection issue, and played canned backup games; but Danny K's has not reported a score either. Did something more serious happen to disadvantage two of the most competitive sites in the Pacific Smartest Bar semifinals?

TFM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Torquemada wrote:
Odd happenings in the Pacific region: BWW Vegas played a differrent game, and did not report a score. They also appear to have played different Countdown games, including a repeat game, that Steel Pit (who did report) did not see. My first theory was that BWW had a connection issue, and played canned backup games; but Danny K's has not reported a score either. Did something more serious happen to disadvantage two of the most competitive sites in the Pacific Smartest Bar semifinals?

TFM

Danny K's folks were at Clancys. Your first theory is dead on, this happens for many different reasons loss of power during download, corrupted file (It's not like BUzztime doesn't have enough corrupt data as is). The bar hasn't reported since the 5th, but since the Buzztime nitwits decided to can the last reported date they got screwed and unless you went to game records you would never know.

P.S. Buzztime you are all still a bunch of idiots.