New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Smartest Bar (SIX) 7/16
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Stung by our collapse on the last two questions of the Matching Round in Sports IQ and our near miss at the top spot we take it out on SIX. Actually this was a total team effort with Matt (Zippy), Ken (Kendo), and Arthur as Himself leading the way. In the Final Round Zippy precalls Heisenberg as the author of the Uncertainty Principle and the team loosens up as we can't help but ask "Are you Sure"? Kendo precalls Jamie Farr as being in "The Blackboard Jungle". Jorge (L Pato) only stumbles 16 points from a perfect score on a Marathon question. With Kayla as our waitress we're all having a jolly good time as somebody knows the answer to every question.

Congratulations to Bones for cracking our Top 10 and Blue Goose, Clancy's, Mezzanine, Emerson Biggins, D Fiddlesticks, and Torrey Pines Pub for their rounding out the Top 11.

Post subject: Re: Smartest Bar (SIX) 7/16
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Checking in! We made the top 11 as well. We had a teenager with us who singlehandedly navigated the animals of Madagascar 3 for us, and it made all the difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
Checking in! We made the top 11 as well. We had a teenager with us who singlehandedly navigated the animals of Madagascar 3 for us, and it made all the difference.

I covered that for us. I was so pissed off during this SIX game, we had six boards die during the course of the game. Costing us bonus all over the place. Luckily we had a 5 box collection of iPhones/Androids/ and iPods so we could almost maintain the minimum. Even though all of the iDevices missed bonus at some point as well (lag, hanging up etc..). It was so frustrating, we were staring a 63k in the face, but ended up with a 56k. I told the owner he needed to get the boards fixed ASAP. I said, "you bugged us about coming help the bar compete for this thing and then we have 3 boards for 5 of us? While we have a few numb-nuts at the bar who quit when they get too far behind and that do nothing but waste needed boards." Of course, he sent 2 boards back and Buzztime sent him boards that don't hold a fucking charge either. Buzztime is so full of nitwits (maybe the working boards we needed were sent to TriviaPalooza.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
Luckily we had a 5 box collection of iPhones/Androids/ and iPods so we could almost maintain the minimum.

With 5 mobile PM's you should have easily been able to ace the game. Amateur.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
With 5 mobile PM's you should have easily been able to ace the game. Amateur.

I thought about what someone would say if they walked in on this. We really had no choice but to use the mobile devices. (the answers are scrambled we couldn't have gone perfect there, but maybe over at BWW just down the street). We could have used the devices to look up answers like the pederast, deny it, remove posts to remove evidence of contradiction, violate parole, go to jail. I think I may stay away form that downward spiral..