New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Smartest Bar (SIX) 9/3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

If they can't even grasp the question, I hold out little hope of them grasping the answer.

At this point it would appear that there are, at minimum, four answer options sent to each bar's server for third round questions.
How they are culled, including keeping the desired answer in the final mix, is unknown.
Has anyone ever seen a third round question without a correct answer to match the clue?
I never have, but I play this game very rarely any more.
I'm not playing this game any more but, in the name of science, would some folks like to chart their answer options in the third round next week? I am curious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

spotes wrote:
If they can't even grasp the question, I hold out little hope of them grasping the answer.

And these are the same people who insisted that in the original version of SIX, that the "no matches across" rule wasn't true, even though not a single person who had played the game for years could recall even one match that was directly across. And that as far as I know, BT still insists currently that there is no difference between Wednesday and Thursday SIX re: Sports coming up in the final position on Marathon, even though no one playing on Wednesday has ever seen it in that position, and it occurs with the same frequency as the other five topics on the Thursday game.

Not to mention the same people who interpreted a player poll in which players indicated they liked the matching round to mean it should be reduced from six matches to four, then repeated, thus destroying not only the "six" theme, but the pace of the game.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
spotes wrote:

And these are the same people who insisted that in the original version of SIX, that the "no matches across" rule wasn't true, even though not a single person who had played the game for years could recall even one match that was directly across. And that as far as I know, BT still insists currently that there is no difference between Wednesday and Thursday SIX re: Sports coming up in the final position on Marathon, even though no one playing on Wednesday has ever seen it in that position, and it occurs with the same frequency as the other five topics on the Thursday game.

Not to mention the same people who interpreted a player poll in which players indicated they liked the matching round to mean it should be reduced from six matches to four, then repeated, thus destroying not only the "six" theme, but the pace of the game.

Brooke/AARDVK

I have been convinced for awhile that nobody at BT understands the games and how they work. I believe they hire consultants or contract programmers to design and program the games which are then turned over to a small staff to administer and maintain. I have experienced this in my carreer and it fits for BT.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Quote:
The correct answer is Philadelphia

*silently, sadly shakes his head*

How are they supposed to have any success regarding Site Retention when quality control slips this much throughout the entire organization?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 pm 
First Palindrome

This is a possible maybe for the Final Six round...but I'm pretty sure the Pete Rose question was not in the Final Six...there was no wipeout...just a clue and the highlighted answer...
Pretty sure the Final Six sports question was Tom Brady...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

YANKEE wrote:
This is a possible maybe for the Final Six round...but I'm pretty sure the Pete Rose question was not in the Final Six...there was no wipeout...just a clue and the highlighted answer...
Pretty sure the Final Six sports question was Tom Brady...

Pete Rose was in the Marathon round. Correct answer was Montréal, and the clue was Expo '67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Did anyone get scores after the game tonight? Diamond Lil's went to countdown after a long wait.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 pm 
Centenarian

The Mezz in Houston got them. They did not however get the Pulse.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brandyb wrote:
The Mezz in Houston got them. They did not however get the Pulse.

The Pulse starts next week at 7 pm EST.
The yawning from real sports trivialists begins promptly at 7:01.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 am 
King or Queen Postalot

*7:00:01

:)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
*7:00:01

:)

Now, now.
Give them a chance.
At least I allotted a full minute for BT to give their rules and explain exactly how they plan on putting me to sleep. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Not to throw gasoline on the fire here, but the Cincinnati.com website reports that today is the anniversary of the day Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's 4,191 hit record. He did it as a Red on September 11, 1985 in Riverfront Stadium off Eric Snow of the San Diego Padres. So Cincinnati is the right answer to the question.
XTRAIN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
Not to throw gasoline on the fire here, but the Cincinnati.com website reports that today is the anniversary of the day Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's 4,191 hit record. He did it as a Red on September 11, 1985 in Riverfront Stadium off Eric Snow of the San Diego Padres. So Cincinnati is the right answer to the question.
XTRAIN

No, the question last week asked about Rose's 4,000th hit. And that was in 1984, in the one season that Rose played for the Expos, against Jerry Koosman (Phillies).

-- RWM