New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: six 3/14
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

nice game boston's restaurant albuquerque. obviously we didn't know until today if our east score stood up. i'm not surprised that it didn't. we struggled again with the matching round. i think we did not know 4 or 5 of the matches. my notes from thursday are gone so i don't remember the ones we failed with. anyway good game guys. see you on the boards this week.

Post subject: Re: six 3/14
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm 
Centenarian

Thanks! The Boston's crewe was (once again) the core team of BLZBUB, DUFF, JAX, and myself. We went 9 of 12 on matching; the only question I recall we missed was woman in various sports. Marathon was 17 for 18 full points (1 question needed the clue), and we aced final six. Interestingly, we had a discussion a few weeks ago about The Garden of Earthly Delights and the fact this was at the Prado (my brother is an art history teacher, and he's got a great lecture on this work). Nice to see this come up in the Final Six. We guessed that this wasn't an easily deducible question; you pretty much had to know it.

Good job yourselves, it was a close game again.

BTW, we're probably not playing this week and next, given the chaos that is the Sports Bar on NCAA tourney nights. Our beloved Lobos play Thursday night, during Six, so no chance we can get a table and team together in the chaos.