New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Smartest Bar June 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 am 
Ending Symphony

Did anybody else get a game filled with repeat content? When I was playing this game, it seemed like virtually all the matching was repeated from older games. I got a similar feeling for rounds 3 and 4 as well.

Post subject: Re: Smartest Bar June 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

we thought it was a repeat of one of the smartest bar games from april, but it was definitely a repeated six game from earlier this year. it looks like the scores reflected that it was a repeat game. i expected to see a lot of complaints by this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As of the time of this posting, there was one complaint. There was also a posting from the student union director of one of the few college campuses that had Buzztime U, advising that they were returning the system due to lack of interest.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

This is the norm for the dipshits at this company. It may be time for a long break again.

Oh, so the West now has everyday being repeats, awesome!!

Someone said it was the same game as April 1st, if so, was the science in the last round about Molars?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Looks to me like June 3 Smartest Bar was entire repeat of April 1 Smartest Bar, thereby a complete debacle for Buzztime to have to answer to. Yes, molars, and Jason Hanson and Victor Hugo, and Appalachians.
Please keep us informed what goes on over on Facebook on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:32 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

whales wrote:
Looks to me like June 3 Smartest Bar was entire repeat of April 1 Smartest Bar, thereby a complete debacle for Buzztime to have to answer to. Yes, molars, and Jason Hanson and Victor Hugo, and Appalachians.

Hey Smartest Bar Fans - We'll be dropping last night's Smartest Bar game (June 3rd) and extending the competition through July 1st due to repeat content.

We apologize for the issue, and we hope you have fun battling it out and showing off your brains during the rest of the competition!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nomar wrote:
whales wrote:

Hey Smartest Bar Fans - We'll be dropping last night's Smartest Bar game (June 3rd) and extending the competition through July 1st due to repeat content.

We apologize for the issue, and we hope you have fun battling it out and showing off your brains during the rest of the competition!

EGADS!!!

So glad that I don't bother with these types of competitions.

Anybody still "Wanna Be a Buzztime Star"?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Okay Buzztime but I suspect you will mess up July 1 as well, since you weren't planning to run Six in that spot and you only have four weeks to prepare. The scoring will be messed up because you are ad hoc replacing Countdowns that would be in that time slot. You'll apologize again and end up using just 3 of 3 (or 2 of 3) for June.
Hope I'm wrong. Who'd bet against me, that July 1 goes as they say?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Will the July 1 solution be okay with Canadian bars? Will all of the participating bars be open on that day and will all the key players be playing, without holiday commitments?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I imagine a Canadian holiday would never have occurred to anyone in Carlsbad CA, and that they will proceed anyway, telling Canada that it can serve as their drop score if need be. After all, they ran a week of Smartest Bar finals last year on Labor Day and there is not even a drop score week in the finals. Closed bars were eliminated outright by that. But I 60/40 expect July 1 to glitch crash anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
I imagine a Canadian holiday would never have occurred to anyone in Carlsbad CA, and that they will proceed anyway, telling Canada that it can serve as their drop score if need be. After all, they ran a week of Smartest Bar finals last year on Labor Day and there is not even a drop score week in the finals. Closed bars were eliminated outright by that. But I 60/40 expect July 1 to glitch crash anyway.

One difference is that Labo(u)r Day is a holiday throughout the known Buzztime universe, so at least both countries were impacted equally (more or less.)

In my opinion, a better solution for Buzztime would have been for July 8 to have been the makeup date.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
Okay Buzztime but I suspect you will mess up July 1 as well, since you weren't planning to run Six in that spot and you only have four weeks to prepare. The scoring will be messed up because you are ad hoc replacing Countdowns that would be in that time slot. You'll apologize again and end up using just 3 of 3 (or 2 of 3) for June.
Hope I'm wrong. Who'd bet against me, that July 1 goes as they say?

I'd say you will be right Whales. BT will hose this up too.

This is the guy in charge of BT production.....not content but getting the right stuff to air. It says he is or was an avid BT player so he should know what needs to be done.
http://www.buzztimebusiness.com/smarts/ ... mes-minor/

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 am 
King or Queen Postalot

zog741 wrote:
Will the July 1 solution be okay with Canadian bars? Will all of the participating bars be open on that day and will all the key players be playing, without holiday commitments?

Not a snowball's chance in SoCal. It will be like Labour Day; some places will be open, most of those operating on reduced hours and staff. There will be plenty of people getting out of their cities, besides

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm 
Moons of Uranus

Don't know if this means anything, but the first Countdown game I played looked like a repeat of the one from four weeks ago, when they had the repeat Smartest Bar game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:17 pm 
Moons of Uranus

Pulse looks ok, hopefully Smartest Bar will be ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am 
Himself Fodder

June rankings are up, sadly (not surprisingly) all four scores are currently showing instead of the posted best 3 of 4.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:46 am 
Himself Fodder

June rankings are now correct with best 3 of 4 posted. I guess enough people on this Facebook fad thingy complained. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

We finished 4th in the MST1 zone (Kirk's). I blame the Canadians :mrgreen: 2 sites in Alberta got 2nd and 3rd. Congrats to the top 3!