New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIX 06/05/13 - South America
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:01 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Did anyone else think the South America matching question was utter bullshit? For those who did not play, it was, "Match the South American country to one it borders:" The choices were Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Venezuela, Guyana, Columbia, Uruguay and Ecuador. While I do not remember which countries were in which column, I believe it was impossible to answer even by process of elimination, i.e., Ecuador had to be Columbia, so Columbia wasn't Brazil or Venezuela. Even if that were the case, I'd still call it a bullshit question. Did the question writer actually look at a map of the whole continent?

Post subject: Re: SIX 06/05/13 - South America
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

In Six and SIQ in the past they have asked matching questions where there might be more than one correct answer to a match, but only one way the match can be correctly completed. I always kind of enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean it's a good question. Perhaps more of a puzzle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Did anyone else think the South America matching question was utter bullshit? For those who did not play, it was, "Match the South American country to one it borders:" The choices were Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Venezuela, Guyana, Columbia, Uruguay and Ecuador. While I do not remember which countries were in which column, I believe it was impossible to answer even by process of elimination, i.e., Ecuador had to be Columbia, so Columbia wasn't Brazil or Venezuela. Even if that were the case, I'd still call it a bullshit question. Did the question writer actually look at a map of the whole continent?

I don't remember the exact selection, but I played at Adams Mill, and our group aced that question. Brazil was next to Uruguay, and the rest of the choices fell more easily into place. I still agree that it wasn't the best of questions.

So I am recalling the matches as Uruguay-Brazil, Argentina-Paraguay, Ecuador-Colombia, and Venezuela-Guyana, in no particular order.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Why yes, I'm glad I took off after SciFiles to continue working out my bus trip

What's next? Match the BT executive honcho to who they sit beside in meetings??