New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Six 2/10/2010
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 am 
Phosphorus

I got a score of over 41000 on tonight's game. That is pretty good for a solo attempt for me. The game was pretty good except for the fact that I kept criss-crossing some of the matching round answers. If I had got those answers proper, I would have had about 50000 points. Oh well, I got my $25 gift certificate and came about 100 points of topping the local board. With everything that is going on in my life, I can't complain.

Post subject: Re: Six 2/10/2010
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm 
Ending Symphony

Lots of scores over 60K this week. I bled just a few points (10) on one question in the first round and was clean otherwise. The points do count down fast on those first six questions! My teammate D MOB made it through unscathed to become the second person to get a perfect on a game of new SIX. The only other question to cause the team to bleed points was in round three: What planet did the greeks call Phosphorus, and (something else I can't recall) - Venus. A couple guys started on Mercury.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 am 
Dammit, Chloe. There's No Time!

There was a very tricky matching question, the one that had you matching actors to their 2009 films...Zoe Saldana and Chris Pine were both choices, and BOTH were in Star Trek (though Saldana was the only one of the four that was in Avatar, so that was the correct choice for her). Still, I can see how that may have messed people up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

TriviaJockey wrote:
There was a very tricky matching question, the one that had you matching actors to their 2009 films...Zoe Saldana and Chris Pine were both choices, and BOTH were in Star Trek (though Saldana was the only one of the four that was in Avatar, so that was the correct choice for her). Still, I can see how that may have messed people up.

In case anyone from NTN is reading this and thinking of removing that stumbling point, it was in Thursday 11 Feb.'s Six, rather than the Wed. one that is sobject of this thread. Does anyone know if these Six questions are saved for some future use?

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 am 
Dammit, Chloe. There's No Time!

Falcon wrote:
In case anyone from NTN is reading this and thinking of removing that stumbling point, it was in Thursday 11 Feb.'s Six, rather than the Wed. one that is sobject of this thread.

Oops, right.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:59 pm 
Centenarian

TriviaJockey wrote:

I think this is perfectly legitimate. The general principle is that the 'correct' answer is the one that allows the others to be answered as well. Had you picked Saldana for Star Trek, you would have left no match for Pine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Pink Pig wrote:
TriviaJockey wrote:

I think this is perfectly legitimate. The general principle is that the 'correct' answer is the one that allows the others to be answered as well. Had you picked Saldana for Star Trek, you would have left no match for Pine.

It's like I told Lewser. If this was another one of those ever-popular bordering countries questions where one choice touches two of the answers but another only touches one, no one would gripe about it because it would allow them to show how clever they are.
These sorts of question definitely need to remain. Sometimes they're the only thing that keeps me awake... :D