New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Solo Gold?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Might've been a solo SIX gold last night. Top two scores at the bar were the same person and he usually plays solo versus his wife.

RHINO, care to confirm or refute?

Post subject: Re: Solo Gold?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:43 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

While I'm not as consistently solo as I once was, any time you see AFEIST you can be assured it is as a solo box. Very occasionally my wife or father may be there at the same time (not last night), but never collaborating when that box is playing. RHINO can either be solo or assisted. AFEIST always solo.

So yep that was a rare (for me) solo six win, which was kind of surprising. I didn't think the game was so difficult that a sub-60 score would win it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Incredible!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

EGADS!!!

Great job, Dave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:10 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Thanks both. Done it a few times in Six. Once in BB. Never in SD though so some goals yet remain.

Bunch of times in lesser games too of course, but those are the big 3 in my opinion. The only other game I place a lot of value on medals for is the oft-dismissed Speed Freaks, as at least it tests security and speed of knowledge despite its CD-like bent to PC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congrats, AFEIST! I've only pulled off the solo SIX gold once, and that was almost ten years ago, and I can't imagine doing it multiple times. I tip my hat to you, sir.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Oh sure... Where's this kind of effort when I can shamelessly exploit it?
I can only assume that there weren't any questions about skateboarders.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 pm 

Congrats Rhino!

Post subject: Congrats...!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congrats...!

That ain't an easy thing to do.

I know, because I did it once at Damon's many years ago on a "Countdown" game, when I showed up early and no other players were at the bar. Sitting at 14,000, when the 15th question was coming up, my hands were shaking, my knees were knocking, I quit smoking, and put my beer down. When I nailed the last question, there was some disappointment, because none of my buddies were there to high five with.

I'm sure that a lot of you super trivia players have had a perfect game all alone many times, but it will probably be the first, last, and only time for me.

Talking about super players, many years ago DANTE once got a perfect score on a "Showdown" game all by himself. There's more to this story, which is actually quite funny, but I will leave it to DANTE to tell it.

Post subject: Re: Congrats...!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:09 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
Talking about super players, many years ago DANTE once got a perfect score on a "Showdown" game all by himself. There's more to this story, which is actually quite funny, but I will leave it to DANTE to tell it.

I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that was either late October of 2002(Quaoar final strategy) or shenanigans were involved.

Post subject: I wasn't there, but...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that was either late October of 2002(Quaoar final strategy) or shenanigans were involved.

I wasn't there, but I've got a whole lot of doughnuts to wager against your dollars. I absolutely believe that DANTE did it.

If I can get DANTE to post something, I think he will tell you that this story is true.

p.s. How many doughnuts can you eat...? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

One of the C superstars did that on six a year or two back; Casbah or Clippr forget which. Amazing feat. I have never come anywhere near perfect unassisted or otherwise on the two big games, and doubt I ever will - too many weaknesses personally and too much overlapping magisteria with any local help. If Ulf and Vishnu moved into town it might be possible but not otherwise. I don't keep records or anything but from memory best unassisted 6 was in the low 62 range, best assisted in mid 64s. Almost always the matching round that does me in, plus being slow on a couple in round 3. As far as SD goes I can't recall getting past 60 even. Perfect is only for Countdowns and the 15 minute games around here - and not all that often even so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
One of the C superstars did that on six a year or two back; Casbah or Clippr forget which. Amazing feat. I have never come anywhere near perfect unassisted or otherwise on the two big games, and doubt I ever will - too many weaknesses personally and too much overlapping magisteria with any local help. If Ulf and Vishnu moved into town it might be possible but not otherwise. I don't keep records or anything but from memory best unassisted 6 was in the low 62 range, best assisted in mid 64s. Almost always the matching round that does me in, plus being slow on a couple in round 3. As far as SD goes I can't recall getting past 60 even. Perfect is only for Countdowns and the 15 minute games around here - and not all that often even so.

It was Steve Perry (CASBAH), he actually went Showdown then SIX perfect back to back nights.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Without trying to take anything away from RHINO/AFEIST's feat, a solo Six #1 happened to me a lil less than 4.5 years ago, on a day that is better remembered as one when two famous entertainers crossed over. :cry: I'll save further details for those that may want to hear a lil more. :|

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!