Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: March Six Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am 
Centenarian

From the Home page of the tournament:

The location with the highest cumulative score
in their league, from THREE out of FIVE weeks, WINS.

Two lowest weekly scores are dropped.

From the Rules page of the tournament:

The Location with the highest combined four (4) out of five (5) SIX® game scores on each Game Date will be deemed the winning location.

:D

Post subject: Re: March Six Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

And, as of the last time I took a lil peek, no leagues. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Looks like it will be select sites, not all, see bold below Under 3.
Hope we're included, we'd stay after SciFiles to take a shot at the prizes.

NTN BUZZTIME, INC.
March 2010 SIX Competition

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. ELIGIBILITY: The March 2010 SIX Competition ("Promotion") is open to Buzztime® Network subscribing locations in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec). Promotion is void in Michigan, Puerto Rico, Quebec Province and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, each participating location agrees to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.

2. TIMING: The Promotion begins on Wednesday, March 3, 2010, at 6:00:01 p.m. PST and continues through Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 7:00:59 p.m. PDT ("Promotion Period"). Promotion games will be broadcast on: March 3, March 10, March 17, March 24 and March 31, 2010 ("Game Dates").

3. TO PLAY: During the Promotion Period, select Buzztime® Network subscribing locations (each a "Location") may participate by encouraging player participation at their respective Locations on Game Dates. The Location with the highest cumulative score in their league from three (3) out of five (5) weeks will be deemed the winning location. "Location scores" are determined by averaging the five (5) highest Playmaker scores in each Location during the Promotion Period. The location in each league with the highest cumulative score wins gift cards for its staff and a Buzztime Prize pack and gift cards for its players. Leagues are determined by Buzztime’s Regional Account Executives. The weekly cumulative score is based on the five (5) highest scoring players.

4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The winning Location will receive $250 in gift cards, which shall be distributed by the winning location to its staff.

The winning Location will also receive $250 in gift cards for its players as well as a Buzztime Prize Pack consisting of Buzztime promotional items which shall be distributed by the winning Location to its players. The approximate retail value of the prize pack is $50.00. Approximate Retail Values on prizes are just that, approximations and are not guarantees of price or value. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $13,256.00 US. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The winners must agree to abide by all restrictions in connection with the prizes. In the event of unavailability of prizes, Buzztime, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 pm 

Still no leagues posted. Are these idiots so out of touch that they think they can run a promotion at the last minute and put butts in the seats? If I were a bar counting on people to come in to play (and buy product) I'd be really pissed. There should be a minimum two weeks lead time before a tournament starts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MRBRNS wrote:
Still no leagues posted. Are these idiots so out of touch that they think they can run a promotion at the last minute and put butts in the seats? If I were a bar counting on people to come in to play (and buy product) I'd be really pissed. There should be a minimum two weeks lead time before a tournament starts.

My bar is one of the best bars that plays SIX almost every week and we should be in the leagues.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am 

(yawn.) Is it March yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tommyk wrote:
(yawn.) Is it March yet?

yup And STILL no leagues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 pm 
Nonagenarian

Well, I'm not the idiot handling these promotions any more but I'll look into it :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm 
Nonagenarian

The leagues are up : http://bit.ly/dA8BGf

:P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm 
Colt

MaryC wrote:

Not a single site in Northern California, but 12 in San Diego proper -nice.

I expect that Liljol will change his signature to reflect the plethora of local sites.

Thanks for getting them up MaryC.

It's cool that West Park Station doesn't get penalized this time for having loyal players-that's cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MaryC wrote:

Indeed. Most interesting selection of sites in League 5. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

dayton wrote:
MaryC wrote:

I expect that Liljol will change his signature to reflect the plethora of local sites.

Sorry, but my signature is accurate, given that the current 33 sites in San Diego County are still not quite at the necessary 1:80,000 to justify not being site-poor. Image When there are at least 38 sites (pending the results of the current census, of course), then and only then will I remove "(Just Plain Old) Site-Poor". Image

That said, having been born and raised in Horribly Site-Poor NoCal, I sympathize way more than a lil for you and other players there. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After taking more than my usual lil peek through the sites listed in League 5, of the fifty sites included, sixteen are in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard. Image In addition to the twelve noted above by DAYTON, the other four are First Street Bar, Encinitas; Jolt 'N' Joe's, La Mesa; Jose's, La Jolla (probably the most prestigious district of The City Of San Diego); and Penny Lane, San Marcos. The northernmost of those fifty appears to be Cool Hand Luke's in Paso Robles. Image

FWIW, I have yet to drag my poor tired lil ass to visit five of those sixteen (East Village Tavern and Bowl; The Local; (The) River Sports Bar; Round Table Cocktail Lounge; and Tilted Kilt San Diego). Before much longer, though, I should be getting to East Village, The Local, and Tilted Kilt, along with Gaslamp Tavern and Jolt 'N' Joe's Gaslamp for an NTN Buzztime Gaslamp Crawl, with more than a lil help from The San Diego Trolley. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm 
Colt

liljol wrote:
dayton wrote:
MaryC wrote:

Sorry, but my signature is accurate, given that the current 33 sites in San Diego County are still not quite at the necessary 1:80,000 to justify not being site-poor. Image When there are at least 38 sites (pending the results of the current census, of course), then and only then will I remove "(Just Plain Old) Site-Poor". Image

That said, having been born and raised in Horribly Site-Poor NoCal, I sympathize way more than a lil for you and other players there. Image

Sorry, I didn't do the math right- you are correct.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:38 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Does anybody know why tournaments like this are set up that allow only a third of the sites to play? If they are to encourage more play, surely it would make sense to include all sites, as with the Showdown Throwdown. That was a good idea, although it was too short, ending just as the word about it was getting out and numbers were starting to build.

With this one, I see that there is only one league for Canadian teams, that includes none from Nova Scotia :( , although one from Québec is included, even though the rules specify that the competition is void there! :?

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 am 
Nonagenarian

Falcon wrote:
Does anybody know why tournaments like this are set up that allow only a third of the sites to play? If they are to encourage more play, surely it would make sense to include all sites, as with the Showdown Throwdown. That was a good idea, although it was too short, ending just as the word about it was getting out and numbers were starting to build.

With this one, I see that there is only one league for Canadian teams, that includes none from Nova Scotia :( , although one from Québec is included, even though the rules specify that the competition is void there! :?

Actually, Falcon, I can break it down for you :)

We have 2 different kinds of promotions: national and regional. The national promos are for all sites and, in an ideal set-up, happen quarterly. The SHowdown Throwdown is our most popular national promo.

Regional promotions (traditionally SIX and Travelling Trophy) are specifically to allow reps for each area to focus on a smaller number of sites and really help them to pomote and benefit from the promotion. It's up to the individual reps to choose the sites and help them with the promo.

Hope that clears things up a little :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:44 am 
Centenarian

I guess they don't want us in any more tournaments, 86th St or the entire state of Indiana

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am 
Centenarian

For a regional tournament, they seem to have left out a fairly good-sized region - the entire Northwest!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

gavv wrote:
I guess they don't want us in any more tournaments, 86th St or the entire state of Indiana

gavv

Also no Nevada for the umpteenth time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

lewser wrote:
gavv wrote:

gavv

Also no Nevada for the umpteenth time.

maybe you don't have a local rep to choose sites ..or your local rep is supremely lazy and can't be bothered.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
[maybe you don't have a local rep to choose sites ..or your local rep is supremely lazy and can't be bothered.

Our local rep doesn't do anything to get new sites besides BWW, and everyone knows my affinity to those lag fest sites.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Can't find IL or MO in the tourney. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:17 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well, I have no idea if we are in one of the leagues. I'm not about to poke around in all those leagues to try to find out.

Sorry to be so negative all the time, Mary, but this is typical of BT. The information on a promotion is late, and difficult to navigate.

Just not a way to make loyal customers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm 
Nonagenarian

ranger wrote:
Well, I have no idea if we are in one of the leagues. I'm not about to poke around in all those leagues to try to find out.

Sorry to be so negative all the time, Mary, but this is typical of BT. The information on a promotion is late, and difficult to navigate.

Just not a way to make loyal customers.

You don't need to apologize to me, I'm just the messenger. (And after 3 years of foum life, I'm used to it! ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

gavv wrote:

gavv

These here trivia thingies is way too high-falutin' for us simple country folk.