New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Check Your Scores
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Although harried last night into figuring who Julian Casablancas might be (The Lips or The Strokes? damned if I know), and dropping my 60K in the process, I did eventually go with The Strokes and salvaged a 58, which was high score at B-52 Burger and Brew. I missed the one-shot posting of the Final Top 20. So this morning I went into Buzztime's website to check my/our results and discovered, much to my dismay, that Buzztime had dropped me, disguised as LI ZHU (58,081) in favor of KRISPY (51,748) among the top five players at the site. This resulted in B-52's site average dropping from 56,925 (6th) to 55,661 (10th).

Let me be so bold as to conjecture that I might not be the only player who was so abused. You can compare the results posted on the Smartest Bar page against gameplay results at the very bottom of your site's page. If they don't match, please notify Carlsbad and request they amend their postings.

Post subject: Re: Check Your Scores
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 pm 
Lotsa Posta

What did you do to make them mad?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 am 
Lotsa Posta

Merkin wrote:
What did you do to make them mad?

Mad as in "angry," or "March hare" mad? Uncertain which might be the case, I e-mailed Carlsbad yesterday and received a confirmation that the e-mail had gone through - but the correction to the Smartest Bar Leaderboard which I requested wasn't made overnight. I'll call down there later this morning, and hope to return here with a proper diagnosis (if such a thing can be obtained over the phone).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:41 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I've just spoken with a Buzztime customer service representative who, seemingly sane, had never heard of the Smartest Bar Tournament. So the conversation took place on an elemental level. User name, site played, what was the time and date of the game? I emphasized "Smartest Bar," several times, but couldn't be sure whether this advertised promotion acquired any resonance through repetition. The CSR promised to forward my complaint to "the games people," who are apparently sequestered in some other crevice of Wonderland.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Smartest Bar Six has its own game id #, which is 216, as opposed to regular Six, which is 132.
Sounds like even knowing that might not have helped though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:19 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I'm uncertain why Smartest Bar needs its own ID ", WHALES, there should be an easier way to extract the substantific marrow from Wednesday Six and simply paste it onto its own page, wouldn't you think?

Ah, but then there are the rules!

I received a prompt return call from Buzztime, the problem having been identified: the birthdate of record for the account holder (Li Zhu) was accurate for me personally as to day and month, but they had me on record as born in 1997, hence 20 years old; and the rules specify that one must be 21 years of age to participate. (Not at my most whimsical would I have imagined perpetrating such a deception.)

However that error may have entered into Buzztime's system, I considered the possibility of a faustian bargain, whereby I forgo Buzztime tournaments for a year in exchange for actually becoming 20 again.

Alas, so far from being able to perform that transformation, Buzztime declined to enter my real birth date retroactively, so that my score from Week 1 can not be made to count. I have now been restored the missing 45 years; and so look forward to participating in the final six weeks of the tournament - replete with halting gait, wispy hair, and wooden dentures. Not to mention the gin blossom.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:49 pm 
Lotsa Posta

But with the wisdom of age.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Merkin wrote:
But with the wisdom of age.

...Comes repentance? And shouldn't the balm of Gilead be reserved for our daughters (Jeremiah 8:22)?

I know where you're coming from, MERKIN.

With the wisdom of age comes forgiveness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thank for posting the problem and quick solution Gone D. I would have never guessed BT actually checked ages on these contests. New one to me.

Enjoy the week of being 20 again till Wed.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 am 
Lotsa Posta

Despite telling me otherwise, Buzztime ended up restoring my Week 1 score. For which I am sincerely and un-ironically grateful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:33 pm 
Lotsa Posta

SHENANIGANS!!

You are not 21!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 am 
Lotsa Posta

Alas, MERKIN, the maturity of one's outlook plays no part in the calculation.