New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shameless
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Was anyone else thrown off by the "Shameless" question that referenced the UK version?

I knew that Ian had *left* the Army and was bipolar, but I figured Debbie has shown some sort of mental issues, and I knew for sure that she was NOT in the Army. Hell, she's missing three toes, isn't she?

Anyway, being the only person on the team who'd ever seen it (some had never even heard of it) I felt really bad for letting the them down, particularly because that question blew our Matching bonus. I Googled it during the break and did find a reference to Debbie Gallagher being in Afghanistan. I thought about it all the way home, knowing I'd never seen anything about Debbie joining the military and I was certain (up until that Google result) that I had seen every episode. I got home and queued it up On Demand. I *had* seen every episode. Debbie is not in the Army.

I Googled it again and this time looked at the photo. It was not the Debbie I knew.

It was from the UK version.

I feel so much better about myself now.

GYPSY

Post subject: Re: Shameless
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:35 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

it didn't matter one bit to us either way. we were clueless on the shameless matching.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That is terrible. I guess the question didn't say in the U.K. Version?

Left over Q from England or Very poor wiki reading by a buzzie.

Ian had been in the Army but never overseas. Carl is in military school and may have dreamed about Afghanistan but that's as close as you get.

I'll guess this question came from the U.K. Buzztime game that failed but did have its own English centric questions.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 am 
U > 100 * 2

This is the first time Buzztime has made me question my sanity. At first I took umbrage to the answer, but when a quick Google did have a hit for “Debbie Gallagher Army,” I was gobsmacked. I should have kept reading a sentence or two. The UK version is quite different and I would have figured out where I went wrong right then, rather than mentally kicking myself throughout the rest of the game.

I’m very fortunate to play with some formidable teammates. Very rarely am I the *only* person at the table who knows the answer, so I have to nail those few to contribute anything but button-pushing and smart splits. (And we had a perfect Matching up until then. I think it was the second-to-last question in that round. I was SOOO disappointed.)

GYPSY