New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Another Buzztime Gaffe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 am 

While playing Six last Thursday night (9/20/18) I noticed another example of erroneous question writing by Buzztime. It occurred during the Marathon Round. The question was "Which of these celebrity couples was married in 1945?" I don't recall the third choice, but one of the choices was "Hitler and Braun". Another choice was "Bogart and Bacall". Both of these marriages took place in 1945.

Although not as egregious as the "Which of these wars ended in 1618" error in Final Six in the championship game of the Smartest Bar Tournament, erroneous and poorly written questions still detract from the enjoyment of playing the game.

Anyone know if there is a procedure for contacting Buzztime about these issues so that the questions can be corrected, or eliminated from the database?

Reb

Post subject: Re: Another Buzztime Gaffe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 am 
Lotsa Posta

Yes indeed, REB.

On Buzztime's home page, scroll to the basement for additional options. One of them is Contact Us. Click that option, and you'll receive a screen-long list of options. Toward the bottom of the list is Incorrect Trivia Content. Click that and you'll land on a screen asking you to identify yourself and the game you were playing. There are boxes for Incorrect Answer and Correct Answer, which doesn't really serve the purpose for multiple correct answers. What I do is put Buzztime's preferred answer as Incorrect, and the other correct option as Correct. Then in the Comments section I'll point out that both answers are correct.

I've only done this 8-10 times, typically in regard to Countdown, and never received a personal response. On the other hand, I've never seen any of those questions repeated, after I'd complained.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am 
Lotsa Posta

Indeed, I have received no personal answer (nor am I aware of any answer at all from them) regarding their foul up on 30 Years War, a 'gaffe' in the highest point round of their marquee tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime's Facebook page is much more responsive than the online forms. I have seen many instances of Buzztime responding that problem questions submitted publicly on FB have been corrected or taken out of the data base.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 am 
Lotsa Posta

I had hoped they would admit their error. I should not wait up, right?