New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: May Regional SIX Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Very interesting to see yet another regional Six tournament so soon after the most recent one. :?

I find it more than a lil interesting to find that one lone North Dakota site is included amongst those in the Arizona region. :roll: Also, included in the California region are two sites from FTEXAS. :o

<--and, sorry, LEWSER, but once again Nevada is left out... :x

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: May Regional SIX Tournament
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Does anyone know why these are not set up to include all the sites in their region? Or at least those that have not previously won a tournament in the past year? I can see exempting some of the top sites nationally to give others a chance, but many sites are excluded that are not very active or have won no tournaments. For example. I checked the "Canada" listing, and none of the 40+ Boston Pizzas (all in Canada) are included.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

In this tournament, there are no places in Connecticut involved. The nearest place that is part of the tournament is in Springfield, Massachusetts, although it is in the Texas/Oklahoma league!

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:46 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Falcon wrote:
Does anyone know why these are not set up to include all the sites in their region? Or at least those that have not previously won a tournament in the past year? I can see exempting some of the top sites nationally to give others a chance, but many sites are excluded that are not very active or have won no tournaments. For example. I checked the "Canada" listing, and none of the 40+ Boston Pizzas (all in Canada) are included.

here is what I was told when I was asked same the question once:

"The marketing representatives chose the sites that are included for regional tournaments. They often deliberately try to focus on new sites or less active sites."

Add by Edit: The tourney includes most (if not all) of the East Side Marios locations that still have trivia..and there is a separate Firkin only tourney with 11 sites in May as well..and a Boston Pizza Showdown tournament..maybe they feel they have enough Can-con

Last edited by stevej84 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, after taking a much longer look at the regions and the sites included, all USA regions except for the Land Of Lincoln region seem to have at least one misplaced site:

Peach State, 44, including 1 FL
Wisconsin, 33 including 3 GA
Empire State, 48 including 2 NC
The Florida, 50 including 6 NY
Ohio, 39 including 1 MD & 3 Horribly Site-Poor Golden State
Mid Atlantic, 25 including 2 WV (*)
New England, 28 including 1 MI
Midwest, 50 including 1 ID, 1 OH
Motown, 41 including 3 WI
Arizona, 45 including 1 MN, 2 ND
Horribly Site-Poor Golden State, 53 including 4 FTX
Rocky Mountain, 50 including 2 PA, 1 NJ
Sunshine State, 39 including 3 AL, 1 ON
South FTX/LA, 41 including 1 TN
Spring Spectacular (NC/SC), 51 including 1 LA
OK/FTX, 52 including 1 KY, 1 FL, 2 MA
AR/MS/AL/TN, 49 including 1 CO
IN/KS/MO, 22 including 1 AZ
NJ/PA, 40 including 2 FL

(*) While the two WV sites may not be misplaced, I have a hard time accepting WV as a Mid-Atlantic state. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

West Virginia is often tossed into the Mid-Atlantic region for a variety of different competitions. Guess no one else wants to deal with us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm 
Golden Tee Master

tiefly wrote:
West Virginia is often tossed into the Mid-Atlantic region for a variety of different competitions. Guess no one else wants to deal with us.

Well at least you got two, Kentucky only has one. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:58 pm 
Golden Tee Master

cards wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Just checked, that location dropped trivia. Kentucky has none!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm 
Centenarian

The whole northwest was mostly forgotten also - WA, OR, WY, and MT are missing with a token one location in Idaho in the competition.

Post subject: WTF!! ???
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

:shock: :evil: :o The bars in the St Louis area that listed in the Land of Lincoln and the IN/KS/MO leagues rarely plays SIX at ALL!!! Where's Baxters, The Edge in the IL side and Laclede Street, Side Pockets and Tilted Kilt on the MO side???? C'MON!!!!

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: WTF!! ???
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
:shock: :evil: :o The bars in the St Louis area that listed in the Land of Lincoln and the IN/KS/MO leagues rarely plays SIX at ALL!!! Where's Baxters, The Edge in the IL side and Laclede Street, Side Pockets and Tilted Kilt on the MO side???? C'MON!!!!

We have NEVER been included, you at least have been in one. Aces & Eights=zero chances

Post subject: Re: WTF!! ???
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:20 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

We have NEVER been included, you at least have been in one. Aces & Eights=zero chances

Which rather blows apart the rationalizations in both directions. A competitive bar with a strong team is NOT chosen in your case, but in mine the presence of a competitive bar with a strong team means nobody else has a chance. On a good day with a bit of help from the wife (who normally competes against me) I might stand a shot against the second tier NY teams especially if they have some off days, but by no figment of the imagination does either my place or anywhere else stand a chance against the perennial heavyweights in NYC wherever they choose to assemble. Of course if they tried to exclude the heavyweights entirely they could simply move base a little way down the road to another local option, so not much point here excluding the big guys. Wonder why they do in your neck of the woods then?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:00 pm 
Octogenarian

cards wrote:
cards wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Just checked, that location dropped trivia. Kentucky has none!!!!

Same thing in Cincinnati ... no Blue Goose, but Win Place and Show that removed the game a month and half ago is included (and in the Midwest league, rather than the Ohio league)! Incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
Falcon wrote:

here is what I was told when I was asked same the question once:

"The marketing representatives chose the sites that are included for regional tournaments. They often deliberately try to focus on new sites or less active sites."

Add by Edit: The tourney includes most (if not all) of the East Side Marios locations that still have trivia..and there is a separate Firkin only tourney with 11 sites in May as well..and a Boston Pizza Showdown tournament..maybe they feel they have enough Can-con

Well the other answers seem to indicate that the regional reps are rather hazy on the limits of their regions and on what sites are active, if that's how they are chosen. I hope that you are correct on the BP Showdown Tournament. I saw it advertised at our site yesterday, but the rules on the webpage specify that it is only for the sites in the U.S. (mostly Boston Gourmet Pizzas), and the list of participating sites includes only the 16 in the U.S. of A.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:49 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

congratulations to the mezzanine for having the top overall score in this tournament. you were the best team in the tournament and you proved it. nice job.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

IDJIT5500 wrote:
congratulations to the mezzanine for having the top overall score in this tournament. you were the best team in the tournament and you proved it. nice job.

And while we're at it, congrats to you for laying waste utterly to the Ohio League by doubling-up the score of the second place team. :)