New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spring Thur Six team tourney starting 4/11 $500 prize
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime has copied the Mudee Thur Six tourney and will hold their own Thur Six month long tourney starting tomorrow. (Edit- Buzztime has moved this to April 4th start)

4 weeks 3/7 through 3/28. Bar score format with the top bar getting a $500 party at their bar. Plus T shirts and pics on the network. 2nd through 5th place bars will have the players getting a $20 gift card to their bar and a $25 card to the BT store.

About time they bring back team tournaments.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Spring Thur Six team tourney starting 3/7 $500 prize
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:46 pm 
Severus and Victorinus

Kinda short notice?
I'll be trying to get some folks to play at Time-Out West.

Ray J.

Post subject: Re: Spring Thur Six team tourney starting 3/7 $500 prize
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime team Six tourney delayed till April 4th due to giving no notice of it starting. SH.

Post subject: Re: Spring Thur Six team tourney starting 4/4 $500 prize
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:08 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Same phenomenon that occurred to the Tuesday night games occurred tonight also. How could you run a Buzztime tournament next week if this isn't fixed? Or should we stop playing trivia and start betting on . . . whatever?

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am 
Severus and Victorinus

STRO wrote:
Same phenomenon that occurred to the Tuesday night games occurred tonight also. How could you run a Buzztime tournament next week if this isn't fixed? Or should we stop playing trivia and start betting on . . . whatever?

STRO, I usally go out on Tues & Thurs nights & play at Time-Out West.
I see no point in going out & spending my money on beer at the bar when our Buzztime scores don't get posted.
I can stay home & drink beer & watch the ballgames on my T&V.

Ray J.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Buzztime should realize that and also as there are considerable fewer sites, they should make sure that the system runs smoothly. Also, if the tablets and boxes are taken out, I can assure them that several players that will find other entertainment. The beer is also cheaper at home. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

There is a major problem with the scoring of Six which we believe affects BYOD locations.

We have recently begun playing at Bull's Eye Sports Pub in Brooklyn NY, which is a "Bring Your Own Device" only location. We have observed repeated scoring problems with Six.

The first is receiving the final round bonus. If you answer all six final questions correctly, you earn 4,000 bonus points.In the last few weeks, we have done so at least three times and have not received the bonus. Here are pictures and screenshots of the scores from last night:

Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 73.09 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 148.66 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

As you can see, people got all six questions right, sometimes even a perfect 21K, but no bonus.

Unfortunately, this is not the only problem with the scoring. When you compare the scores reported game night to the official scores posted the next day, you see that Buzztime takes away even more points:

Attachment:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 41.95 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

The point drop is usually 2,500 points, but not always. One of last night's players dropped only 500 points.

These scoring errors cost us almost 6,500 points average last night. Had it been scored correctly, we would have come in a close second to Walsh's. After the dual chop, we came in a distant fifth.

We believe this only affects BYODs. We never saw this at Doc's, and we believe the locations we compete against are not BYOD-only.

This doesn't affect Countdown and Countdown-style games.

I wrote Buzztime Customer Service two weeks ago, got no response. Sent another email today with the photos you're seeing and mentioned it on their Facebook page.

This does not exactly encourage one to play in next week's tournament. :cry: This isn't supposed to be a handicap league. Walsh's hardly needs it. :D

But if BYOD-only locations are the only option left for new locations, what does problems like these portend for the future??

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

That doesn’t sound good. I know there are incomplete rankings display problems at the Streaming or Byod bars. Didn’t know about Six scoring problems.

I would post all the above word for word in the BT Facebook page. That seems to get some feedback. Sometimes.

I agree they can’t run a Six tourney with that error.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I posted a summary of what I said in two spots on the Facebook page: the tournament and the $149 special posts. I put all the material
you see here in the email I sent today.

It could well be that these were unnoticed problems because no BYOD team ever played well enough to trigger them or just lacked the anal-retentiveness to
check the scores out afterwards. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Definitely the case of Buzztime not giving a rats ass about rankings or the HOF or any of that. If they had their way we would get nothing but very incomplete after game rankings. They think 99% of players don’t even watch the rankings or look at the HOF, they would love to get rid of it all if players didn’t complain much about losing rankings.

So Everyone complain on Buzztime’s Facebook page about the bad rankings and all the games not reporting or we will be in danger of this being the norm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:04 am 
Severus and Victorinus

BUD wrote:
Definitely the case of Buzztime not giving a rats ass about rankings or the HOF or any of that. If they had their way we would get nothing but very incomplete after game rankings. They think 99% of players don’t even watch the rankings or look at the HOF, they would love to get rid of it all if players didn’t complain much about losing rankings.

So Everyone complain on Buzztime’s Facebook page about the bad rankings and all the games not reporting or we will be in danger of this being the norm.

BUD, I just posted a complaint about the lack of scores posting.
Me & a couple of others just played yesterday afternoon at The Chicago Loop for 3 hours.
But, there's no scores posted for all day yesterday. (And the day before)
I also saw that from earlier this week. From Tuesday to Thursday. And it was corrected on Friday??
So,,,,, who knows??

Ray J.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:29 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Same here. The update "worked" on Thursday. Since then individual stats seem to be updating. Game history is not.
I dug around a bit. The buzztime mini sites seem to have had their stats updated on Friday and Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:47 pm 
Severus and Victorinus

zzuupp wrote:
Same here. The update "worked" on Thursday. Since then individual stats seem to be updating. Game history is not.
I dug around a bit. The buzztime mini sites seem to have had their stats updated on Friday and Saturday.

What is a Buzztime mini site??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Buzztime mini sites are the Streaming only, no box, bring your own device bars. Zzzup is calling them a mini site because they get Buzztime Mini a short game only available at the Streaming no box bars.

Buzztime calls them 24/7 Streaming sites so that’s the name I use.
All new installs have to now get the streaming no box system for $149 a month. Tablet system no longer available.

It seems anyone can order the streaming system without any calls. Just put the new system in your cart and proceed to check out. $149 plus tax. Free shipping of the small cigarette pack size box to plug into a tv and it needs WiFi of course. Then any phones and Ipads can connect and you are a location. Just need to make up a bar, coffee shop, book store, garage or photography studio name. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Just need to make up a bar, coffee shop, book store, garage or photography studio name. :lol:

You noticed Kaye Schultz Photography,too.:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yeah that’s Jerad’s wife’s studio. He’s on here. Jerad can you tell us a little about monthly costs, contract length, equipment set up? Does the streaming network ever go down? What do you think about the different rankings? Anything else at all, is it worth paying for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

STRO wrote:
I posted a summary of what I said in two spots on the Facebook page: the tournament and the $149 special posts. I put all the material
you see here in the email I sent today.

It could well be that these were unnoticed problems because no BYOD team ever played well enough to trigger them or just lacked the anal-retentiveness to
check the scores out afterwards. :D

It worked. BT saw your posts on FB and is delaying the Six tourney by another week to April 11th. They do see the FB posts so that’s still the best way to let them know about things.

Hope BT can get the streaming or as they are now calling it “mobile locations” working right including the rankings. Needs top 20 bars and individuals instead of 10 and one top person per bar listed in top 10 not all of them. Then while they are at it get the mobile bar scores showing in the box network bars.

Post subject: Re: Spring Thur Six team tourney starting 4/11 $500 prize
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Let me give you an update on our Six situation.

There has been no correction in the Six scoring this week. We still are not
receiving any bonus for answering the final Six questions correctly, and our
scores are further reduced the next day from what was shown the night of the game
(first, pictures from Bull's Eye after Thursday's game).

Attachment:
1e.jpg
1e.jpg [ 197.3 KiB | Viewed 457 times ]

Attachment:
1a.jpg
1a.jpg [ 89.89 KiB | Viewed 457 times ]

Attachment:
1b.jpg
1b.jpg [ 126.23 KiB | Viewed 457 times ]

More coming . . . .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:20 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Next, screenshots from Buzztime.com the day after:

Attachment:
1c.jpg
1c.jpg [ 89.89 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]

Attachment:
1d.jpg
1d.jpg [ 57.56 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]

We do have a new observation on the second reduction of scores. We said in the past that the reduction varies; it could be 500 or 2500 points. We now believe this reduction is tied into the bonus points earned in the first (500) and third (2000) rounds. What appears to happen is that if an individual earns a bonus in those rounds, the point total of those bonuses are not included when the scores are recorded in the database the next day. Last night we had one score where the player did not earn the first/third round bonuses; there was no score reduction. Perhaps these errors are caused by the omission of the final round bonus in the calculation of the final round score, and the omission of the first and third round bonuses in the separate calculation of the database score.

Whatever the reason, the clock is ticking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I received a note from Buzztime today saying that the fixes will take effect early next week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:36 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The Buzztime fix appears to have worked. Those who earned the final round bonus got it, and
there was no subtraction of bonus points in the posted final score.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Excellent. Good job on getting through to the right person. Was it Michael that you were in contact with?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Excellent. Good job on getting through to the right person. Was it Michael that you were in contact with?

No, there were a few. Probably best not to post them publicly.

The support pages for the tournament need work, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

All is not completely well. The Buzztime Facebook page lists the top five finishers after week 1 and left us out. I'll
document later, but a question:

BUD wrote:
Then while they are at it get the mobile bar scores showing in the box network bars.

For you in an "old style" location, are you not seeing the Bull's Eye scores the night of the game?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

No most mobile bars are not seen in the rankings right after the games. I’m not seeing the Bulls Eye but am the next day in the HOF. When I play at Mobile bars I often text someone at network bars and they never see us though we should have showed like you.

However, I do see Johnny Malloys in OH in the network rankings which I think is a Mobile bar but maybe they aren’t? Also sometimes I see 2 or more of the individuals in the “old network” scores.

Definitely lots of work to be done by BT including bumping the mobile top 10s to top 20s and combine the rankings better.