New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "SPOTLIGHT is OUR game..and don't you forget it!"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 am 
You, in C.

"OUR" being Mr. B's in Los Alamitos, CA..but of course you knew that... 8-)

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_scores.php?gtid=1&gid=16&view=sites&c=

and unlike how it was for Brad Wesley in Road House, there is no skinny bouncer named Dalton, shotgun-toting Frank Tilghman or any other member of the Jasper, MO Chamber Of Commerce to do something about it... :D

Post subject: Re: "SPOTLIGHT is OUR game..and don't you forget it!"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Amen, and as usual, well done. Image

No disrespect meant here, but that makes Triviapalooza IV 0 for 2 in premium games. :o

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Amen, and as usual, well done. Image

No disrespect meant here, but that makes Triviapalooza IV 0 for 2 in premium games. :o

Pressure for TIEFLY n SPEIGS to help Bargos advert the sweep of the 9est/6pst games.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
Pressure for TIEFLY n SPEIGS to help Bargos advert the sweep of the 9est/6pst games.

If it's N Sync, they're a lock to win :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm no help with music, but BC is here now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm 
Himself Fodder

GAMBIT wrote:

and unlike how it was for Brad Wesley in Road House, there is no skinny bouncer named Dalton, shotgun-toting Frank Tilghman or any other member of the Jasper, MO Chamber Of Commerce to do something about it... :D

Gambit, I thought you'd be bigger.

I wonder if Bargo's has insurance?

BO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

tiefly wrote:
I'm no help with music, but BC is here now.

Great job on Playback. Looks like you aced it. Was our best game at the Mill for 7th place.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GAMBIT wrote:

That's good work you kids are doing out there, Gambit.
And just to show that I'm a good sport, I won't mention the 3200 and change that I got lagged out of on the final that would put your boy Rhyno squarely into second place where he belonged... snap!
"How will we know when it's time to stop being nice?"
"I'll tell you..." :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm 
You, in C.

Wow, I am so sorry BO…I am only now realizing how sick to death you and everyone on Scaratings must be by the incessant bragging re: our Spotlight exploits Mr. B’s has done on here NON-STOP since early 2010… :roll:

and SPOTES I won’t even take that “kids” reference in the condescending tone it was probably meant; our youngest reg. group member is 33, maybe we ARE kids to you!? And yes we ARE doing good work out here, thanks! But if BO can say “I thought you’d be bigger” I can say “Really? the woulda/coulda/shoulda/if only…card???” Honestly…we thought our current Spotlight streak had come to an end, most likely at Bargos’ hands, before seeing the scores and we were tremendously relieved when it didn’t; sorry if using our elation as an excuse to reference my fav. bad movie crossed anyone’s line…

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GAMBIT wrote:
Wow, I am so sorry BO…I am only now realizing how sick to death you and everyone on Scaratings must be by the incessant bragging re: our Spotlight exploits Mr. B’s has done on here NON-STOP since early 2010… :roll:

and SPOTES I won’t even take that “kids” reference in the condescending tone it was probably meant; our youngest reg. group member is 33, maybe we ARE kids to you!? And yes we ARE doing good work out here, thanks! But if BO can say “I thought you’d be bigger” I can say “Really? the woulda/coulda/shoulda/if only…card???” Honestly…we thought our current Spotlight streak had come to an end, most likely at Bargos’ hands, before seeing the scores and we were tremendously relieved when it didn’t; sorry if using our elation as an excuse to reference my fav. bad movie crossed anyone’s line…

GAMBIT, Thought Danny K's was gonna complete the sweep Saturday but shocked it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm 
You, in C.

MitchWolf wrote:
GAMBIT wrote:

GAMBIT, Thought Danny K's was gonna complete the sweep Saturday but shocked it didn't happen.

There wasn't much margin for error in that game esp. w/ The Police Headliner(we did sweep that round too) and we made just a few, which was enough...I gave Bargos props on the win on Twitter :shock: and on winning the day overall...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 pm 
Himself Fodder

GAMBIT wrote:

Oh man, you totally missed my emphasis. Oh perhaps you are simply re-leveling me here.

"I thought you'd be bigger" was said many times to Dalton. And "you've got insurance" was also used more than once after Wesley destroyed the auto parts store and then the car delearship.

I have no issues with what you said, simply wanted to join in with the Road House quotes.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm 
You, in C.

-BO- wrote:
GAMBIT wrote:

Oh man, you totally missed my emphasis. Oh perhaps you are simply re-leveling me here.

"I thought you'd be bigger" was said many times to Dalton. And "you've got insurance" was also used more than once after Wesley destroyed the auto parts store and then the car delearship.

I have no issues with what you said, simply wanted to join in with the Road House quotes.

BO

HOLY SHIT you are right BO, wow...OK I'm done, I'm just gonna take the train now...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GAMBIT wrote:

Gambit, Gambit, Gambit...
I thought this thread was supposed to be a good natured "blow people some good clean old-fashioned crap" kind of thread.
Did I err? Must I resort to an inundation of various smileys?
How in the heck am I going to be seriously condescending to a representative from clearly the best bar at a game that I don't even enjoy?
Do you honestly think that I care about my score in a game that I play twice a year at most?
Just think of a better way that I can rib you back and we'll act like I said that instead.
I'll try to keep the depth of your dermis in mind in the future.
Also, I've called people of all ages "kid" or "kids" since I was a wee lad. It means absolutely nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Are all of the feathers back in their original position?

BTW, Did you at least pick up on my Road House reference?
I sure hope so. Otherwise, you may want to pick another favorite bad movie of all time... (insert smiley of your choice here)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:35 pm 
You, in C.

spotes wrote:
GAMBIT wrote:

Gambit, Gambit, Gambit...
I thought this thread was supposed to be a good natured "blow people some good clean old-fashioned crap" kind of thread.
Did I err? Must I resort to an inundation of various smileys?
How in the heck am I going to be seriously condescending to a representative from clearly the best bar at a game that I don't even enjoy?
Do you honestly think that I care about my score in a game that I play twice a year at most?
Just think of a better way that I can rib you back and we'll act like I said that instead.
I'll try to keep the depth of your dermis in mind in the future.
Also, I've called people of all ages "kid" or "kids" since I was a wee lad. It means absolutely nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Are all of the feathers back in their original position?

BTW, Did you at least pick up on my Road House reference?
I sure hope so. Otherwise, you may want to pick another favorite bad movie of all time... (insert smiley of your choice here)

I did pick up on that one; indeed it's time to be nice, why don't we all just drink and have a good time?

And if someone wants to work Jimmy's most (in)famous line into this thread, be my guest because it's not going to be me...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm 
Himself Fodder

GAMBIT wrote:
And if someone wants to work Jimmy's most (in)famous line into this thread, be my guest because it's not going to be me...

Me neither. Although Dalton's retort of "you are such an asshole" could apply to all of us discussing this great flick.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 pm 
Octogenarian

I have so missed the friendly give and take on this forum "snicker" and be careful who you call old lol!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:13 pm 
You, in C.

In honor of Mr. B's 9th straight Spotlight win last night, going home I was singing "Sh-boom Sh-boom ya da-da-da-da-da, SH-BOOM" while driving on both sides of the road . . . uhh no I didn't, there's no road in SoCal you could get away with that, at any time of day . . . but congrats to my teammates anyway, esp. our newest COWGRL, that was MOSTLY her call on the final, she convinced me anyway . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

DAMN!!!! 10 IN A ROW.

The next question is who gonna stop this juggernaut.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm 
Himself Fodder

MitchWolf wrote:
DAMN!!!! 10 IN A ROW.

One person, 5 iPhones, no problem.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:
DAMN!!!! 10 IN A ROW.

One person, 5 iPhones, no problem.

BO

LOL......there are teams who can do this w/o the cheatings and with their plain brains.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

11 IN A ROW.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

NOW its 12 IN A ROW.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Is anyone else wondering if all this loud rumbling might possibly wake up VISHNU? ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:01 am 
You, in C.

poman wrote:
Is anyone else wondering if all this loud rumbling might possibly wake up VISHNU? ;) :lol:

Having had the honor and pleasure of playing with James several times, I really wish he would consider playing Spotlight again, at least once in awhile; told the visiting YANKEE to relay the same message tonight . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT