New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight 8/19/11
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 pm 
Himself Fodder

Welcome to Bizarro world, BO starting the thread for tonight's SL game!

Went to Fox and Hound in Dallas to check out the SL team that I've been suspicious of for a while now. While I couldn't hear them, I watched them best I could and noticed one odd thing. One team member had a cell phone glued to her ear the entire game. And within 30 seconds of the end of the game she was off the phone.

There were nine people playing, and after the first round I was in 2nd with 9.1k. Somehow, they only got 200 on the Transformers question and they bled a bunch of points on Q10, the Sutherland answer. How in the world does a good team miss Transformers?

Flashback Round was odd. 1st clue they all got 85 for 1k on the opening Fletch clue, 2nd clue gave it away with Live Aid. Is Fletch that easy a clue? Q2 they all got 1k on the easy Outsourced clue. They had a minimum 4.9k through 5 Q's but then began to slip a little. The last couple of Q's the majority got 800-900, almost like the game was catching up. What I found interesting was they all got 72 on The Getaway clue. Now, how were they a) that sure of the year of a not overly famous film or b) that sure BT didn't want the Baldwin/Basinger remake in the 90's! Their high box that round was at least 7.5k and every box got every year correct for at least 800. Every box.

The last two rounds I wasn't watching the leaderboard as much because I kept checking the chick on the cell phone every opportunity I had without being discovered. They bled on one Q in round 3 but perfect otherwise. They did not all ace round 4 although 1 box did. Other than round 4, I saw none of their 9 boxes have an incorrect answer at question's end.

I didn't confront them after the game because I wasn't 100%, I need to go back and sit as close as I can and simply not play. I don't think they know my face and I played under an alias while I was there. But have you ever seen a player on a good team play an entire premium game while on a cell phone? I haven't, at least not a legitimate team. And being off the phone immediately afterward is the circumstantial icing on the cake.

I'm curious to know how the other top teams out there did in Flashback and what was missed during the rest of the game. Did Mr. B's almost ace Flashback? Personally, I had 15k+ after two rounds before cratering and ending with 45k and change. I wonder if pushing them in the first round forced their hand to cheat?

BO

Post subject: Re: Spotlight 8/19/11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:53 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Everyone of the players that have posted excellent averages in Spotlight are extremely below average in every other game... including Trendalicious and one of them scored a 6k in Tuned In. Very unlikely and I'm not buying their scores.

Score another one for Inspector Bo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:55 am 
Colt

Bizarro world is correct, except that you appear to be the sole inhabitant.
Maybe you should read this post sober, but it is down right disturbing.
I would advise against returning for another round as if anyone there reads your stalker report you might be in for trouble.
There is something seriously wrong with you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am 
Himself Fodder

dayton wrote:
I would advise against returning for another round as if anyone there reads your stalker report you might be in for trouble.

LOL at accusing me of posting drunk proving exactly how ignorant you are about all this. But that's SOP for you on BT trivia forums.

And players have never, ever gone and checked out a team that was doing well in a specific game. I'm the first to do so. That's why top teams across the network never have visitors join them.

Yeah, I'm really scared of confronting a scary, tough, mean trivia team. Terrified. Please wait another year before you post again. Better yet five years.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I hope no one ever investigates my bar.
They might find out that I'm a trivia goober.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

dayton wrote:

Please cool it. We do not allow personal attacks here. While I understand your upset with the OP, it is well within the rights of anyone here to post their experiences at another bar, as long as they do not explicitly attack other Scaratings posters.

Thanks,

Management

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:15 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

-BO- wrote:
dayton wrote:

LOL at accusing me of posting drunk proving exactly how ignorant you are about all this. But that's SOP for you on BT trivia forums.

And players have never, ever gone and checked out a team that was doing well in a specific game. I'm the first to do so. That's why top teams across the network never have visitors join them.

Yeah, I'm really scared of confronting a scary, tough, mean trivia team. Terrified. Please wait another year before you post again. Better yet five years.

BO

Please take this quibble regarding facing another team and how long another poster should post at worst to PM, and at best off of Scaratings.

Dayton, you're welcome to post here as often as you like.

Be nice, gentlepeoples.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:15 pm 
You, in C.

Yes Fletch was a pretty easy clue to 1985, for Mr. B's anyway BO(sidenote: I've never seen it, but coincidentally had mentioned it in a gen. discussion about famous movies each of us hadn't seen, prior to Spotlight starting; when Fletch appeared I insta-called 85' and said "Not bad for never having seen it huh?") . . . from what I recall we only had minor bleeding and a perfect Think Again(THANK YOU to BT for doing Parks and Recreation, I precalled the Parks and Rec-Aziz Ansari-30 Minutes Or Less sequence off of Amy Poehler, but really would that be too hard???), until the final which no one knew, but MR ALE had a strong hunch on Merv which everyone else went with after bleeding roughly 2-3k per board(well either that, or MR ALE jaked us . . . but Dave doesn't and never has done that); so if we had nailed the final I believe we're looking at high 62-low 63k bar score . . .

FWIW, Dave/BYOTCH got a text after the rankings showed from some1 who also posts on this board congratulating us for beating the "dirty" 2nd place team; if that person would care to elaborate here that would be great but whatever...we at Mr. B's also invite any1 to come check us out for "legitimacy"; they will just find a bunch of people who love movies/tv/music and are pretty good at trivia about said things . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:18 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

GAMBIT wrote:
FWIW, Dave/BYOTCH got a text after the rankings showed from some1 who also posts on this board congratulating us for beating the "dirty" 2nd place team; if that person would care to elaborate here that would be great but whatever...we at Mr. B's also invite any1 to come check us out for "legitimacy"; they will just find a bunch of people who love movies/tv/music and are pretty good at trivia about said things . . .

No one ever texts us when we win!

/Well, we never win the big games, but still... :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:

No one ever texts us when we win!

/Well, we never win the big games, but still... :)

I can FB Message you if ya want me to.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 pm 
Himself Fodder

Thanks for the insight as to how a top team went about this game.

GAMBIT wrote:
Yes Fletch was a pretty easy clue to 1985, for Mr. B's anyway BO

Gotcha. I went 86 on Fletch but took the easy 900 on Live Aid.

Quote:
until the final which no one knew, but MR ALE had a strong hunch on Merv which everyone else went with after bleeding roughly 2-3k per board(well either that, or MR ALE jaked us . . . but Dave doesn't and never has done that); so if we had nailed the final I believe we're looking at high 62-low 63k bar score . . .

I wormed my way into the room where the team was playing on the final where they couldn't really see me. When the question came up nothing was said, the one player still had the cell to her ear. The instant the choices appeared a couple of people declared 1, almost too fast if you ask me. If they knew it cold, I should have heard that precall before the choices. And even had I not heard a precall, I don't think more than one of them could have seen Merv and declared 1 that quickly. Then again, I didn't hear the player with the cell phone declare anything either. Just saw her put the phone up as soon as the game was over.

Quote:

Nobody thinks you guys aren't legitimate. And this investigator declares you grade A legitimate. If I ever get out that way perhaps I'll upgrade you to AA. :D

BO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 am 
You, in C.

Thanks BO . . . oh yeah, about The Getaway. . when it came up I believe MR ALE said "72'??" while looking at me for confirmation and I was just going "WHICH ONE?!?", indecision and exasperation at another BT bullshit clue making me delay entering either year until whatever following clue confirmed the 72' McQueen/McGraw original, when just going by the logic of "well the FIRST one would/should be considered the FAMOUS Movie" would've had me hitting 72' right away along with everyone else . . . that hurt my score a little but it was primarily the stupid logon glitch(where if you log your pin back in after logging out of the prior game early, score doesn't register) that some locations suffer from that cost me a little over 4k points . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT