New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight 1/20/12
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm 
You, in C.

I gotta say, that was a pretty good Final Cut question: What actor played Anna Paquin's dad in one film, and her lover in another(I didn't see either film so of course I thought it was a good question)? It was partly BECAUSE I thought it was such a good question that I wasn't as worried as Dave Jr. that we lost; fortunately we didn't . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT

Post subject: Re: Spotlight 1/20/12
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

GAMBIT wrote:
I gotta say, that was a pretty good Final Cut question: What actor played Anna Paquin's dad in one film, and her lover in another(I didn't see either film so of course I thought it was a good question)? It was partly BECAUSE I thought it was such a good question that I wasn't as worried as Dave Jr. that we lost; fortunately we didn't . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT

It would have been damn close with us at the Mill if we had all chosen Jeff Daniels. I was in 5th going into the final around 38K and picked Daniels. Unfortunately we were all over the place and I was the only one to get all the points, including 2 people going down with something else. I emded up 4th on the board (10th this morning). I don't know if we would have caught you if we all went together but our average would have been close to 59K.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

GAMBIT wrote:

Darrell/GAMBIT

Any question that calls on knowledge from multiple sources is usually more intriguing.
Am I assuming correctly that the question did not mention Fly Away Home or The Squid and the Whale?
It's certainly more fun that way. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

spotes wrote:
GAMBIT wrote:

Darrell/GAMBIT

Any question that calls on knowledge from multiple sources is usually more intriguing.
Am I assuming correctly that the question did not mention Fly Away Home or The Squid and the Whale?
It's certainly more fun that way. :D

Correct. No mention of what movies. I just blindly hit Daniels. Afterwards, we talked about as some people went with Wahlberg. Then we realized he was too young to have played her dad..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We had no idea at the Concert Pub.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am 
1st 2nd BSG?

Phil/FILL pre-suggested Daniels so we went with it. Of course, he and I had previously both mixed up The 11th Hour with the 25th Hour (how convenient, Norton was a choice), along with plenty of other nickel- and dimey things, so we were fairly well done by the time the final showed up. Best showing (#2) in a few months , though.