New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4/6/12 Spotlight
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I didn't play last night since my wed SIX crew and my Spotlight crew concentrating on Smartest Hooters in America. So things back to normal on National Rankings??

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: 4/6/12 Spotlight
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
I didn't play last night since my wed SIX crew and my Spotlight crew concentrating on Smartest Hooters in America. So things back to normal on National Rankings??

Hells bells. There have been no real time national rankings since the godawful, horrible FSPLIT. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

Hells bells. There have been no real time national rankings since the godawful, horrible FSPLIT. Image

I mean as in who is first and is 2nd place still at 35k? I know the national rankings for primetime games will not be normal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:53 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

MitchWolf wrote:
liljol wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

I mean as in who is first and is 2nd place still at 35k? I know the national rankings for primetime games will not be normal.

Still broken. Didn't matter to us at the Mill last night as we blew up on the final as 8 of our 9 boxes went to the wrong answer in Brittney Spears and not to Fiona Apple. We knew we were done for when it was Music Videos. Where can one watch them anymore?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
Normal as the N in SNAFU.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

What was the question? If the answer was Fiona Apple I can only assume it was the video where she was sitting on the couch with grungy white cotton undies and a equally grungy wife beater shirt?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
What was the question? If the answer was Fiona Apple I can only assume it was the video where she was sitting on the couch with grungy white cotton undies and a equally grungy wife beater shirt?

"Criminal" was a video that immortalized an orgy. The video made her look a slut (her stripping in the kitchen and getting a high on pink dish soap) in spite on her small frame.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:

Category: Music Videos

Q: Zach Galifianakis lip synchs the words in this artist's 2006 video, "Not About Love"

1. Britney Spears
2. Lady Gaga
3. Madonna
4. Fiona Apple
5. Jennifer Lopez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
lewser wrote:

Q: Zach Galifianakis lip synchs the words in this artist's 2006 video, "Not About Love"

1. Britney Spears
2. Lady Gaga
3. Madonna
4. Fiona Apple
5. Jennifer Lopez

I would have gotten that, but since I don't play anymore since the split, I didn't. I know me some Zach, when I play basketball with the former NBA players on the weekends, on the sign up sheet they sign me in as Zach. I am overweight and have the Grizzly Adams beard, but I have mad skills on the court all the while pulling these two greek bodies around on one frame.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
lewser wrote:

1. Britney Spears
2. Lady Gaga
3. Madonna
4. Fiona Apple
5. Jennifer Lopez

That's the video that reminded me of Chevy Chase lip-syncing on Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me All". Zach did that video 'tween his MTV gig and "The Hangover"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am 

Just wanted to give you the heads up that we think we found the issue. We believe the problem is that some sites are skipping some ads and they are ending too early, causing them to show a pre-final ranking, which causes them to appear higher in the list than they should. We're working on it now and hoping to have the solve by Friday. I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

krazikatt wrote:
Just wanted to give you the heads up that we think we found the issue. We believe the problem is that some sites are skipping some ads and they are ending too early, causing them to show a pre-final ranking, which causes them to appear higher in the list than they should. We're working on it now and hoping to have the solve by Friday. I'll let you know.

I guess all sites are skipping the ads then. Also, this was brought to my attention by another player who doesn't post here or anywhere anymore. Why do all the 2nd place teams never break 38k, which happens to be the same score that would be perfect from a few years back? You have a much bigger problem here than you think. Vegas has the odds set; correct (partial) rankings showing by Friday +750,000; incorrect (partial) rankings -925,000.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 am 
Himself Fodder

krazikatt wrote:

No offense KK, but it's doubtful that's the issue unless as LEWSER said, all sites are skipping the ads.

Even if the rankings were being shown early, the high and low distribution would be similar, just with locations missing. Would look like 55k, 50k, 45k, 40k, etc. Now it looks like 37.9k, 37.8k, 37.7k, 37.6k, etc.

When it was pointed out to me that the mysterious 38k threshold was also the original score for SL, I was intrigued. Perhaps when the game was labeled SL(east) and SL(west) it uses some of the original game code.

BO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

krazikatt wrote:

To add on to BO's constructive criticism...Spotlight ends early at every site. I know you said "too early" but there's always enough time at the end of a Spotlight game for about a half dozen flips of the rankings (usually more). It ends so early that there's almost always a pre-ranking but eventually all the data gets through and then we see the full rankings. I assume something is getting hung up between the pre-ranking and the full rankings, causing every site to be stuck on the pre-rankings.

Compare that to Playback, where I've never seen two full flips of the rankings. Not even once. I've even played Playback in a bar where there was only one playmaker in play (mine) and that location still didn't get two full flips of the rankings at the end of the game.

What buzztime needs to do is transfer 60 seconds worth of those end-of-game Playback ads over to the end-of-game Spotlight ads. Then there will be more time for Playback rankings and less dead time at the end of Spotlight.

^I assume this idea will get tossed into the "we'll look into that" junk pile, if it even gets that far at all, but it's really a simple solution for the IT team that would greatly improve both Spotlight & Playback.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
^I assume this idea will get tossed into the "we'll look into that" junk pile, if it even gets that far at all, but it's really a simple solution for the IT team that would greatly improve both Spotlight & Playback.

There is only one thing that will improve Spotlight & Playback, and that is full national rankings. Until then, both games are shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

poman wrote:
To add on to BO's constructive criticism...Spotlight ends early at every site. I know you said "too early" but there's always enough time at the end of a Spotlight game for about a half dozen flips of the rankings (usually more). It ends so early that there's almost always a pre-ranking but eventually all the data gets through and then we see the full rankings. I assume something is getting hung up between the pre-ranking and the full rankings, causing every site to be stuck on the pre-rankings.

Compare that to Playback, where I've never seen two full flips of the rankings. Not even once.

In the interest of making sure KK has as much data as possible, this is not what we've seen. The Spotlight rankings at SRO OT go through the normal number of flips, not a half dozen or more, and the game doesn't seem to end early, and there's no pre-ranking versus full rankings. And at Mike's Place, we see two full flips of the rankings. But if moving Spotlight ads to Playback would make a difference at other locations, that's a good solution.

In addition to moving the ads, perhaps BT could give some thought to using them to communicate with the many, many players who don't participate on this or any other discussion board, BT's website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Instead of being reminded (as we frequently are) to play the game we're currently playing, anyone who is not Player Plus could be told the consequences: score won't appear in the individual hall of fame, and location scores dependent on that score will be adjusted downward. (And yes, reminded that "If you're not Player Plus, you can't earn badges").

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:25 pm 
Ending Symphony

poman wrote:
krazikatt wrote:

Compare that to Playback, where I've never seen two full flips of the rankings. Not even once. I've even played Playback in a bar where there was only one playmaker in play (mine) and that location still didn't get two full flips of the rankings at the end of the game.

What buzztime needs to do is transfer 60 seconds worth of those end-of-game Playback ads over to the end-of-game Spotlight ads. Then there will be more time for Playback rankings and less dead time at the end of Spotlight.

There is a similar problem with SIX on Wed/Thu. The rankings barely make it through one full cycle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm 

Sorry, I'm not able to read through all of the posts, but you are right, that was not the issue. Turns out that it's capping at the old high score for some reason, so anyone that gets 38k or higher is listed as first. At any rate, they are fixing it now. I am just the messenger here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm 

AARDVK wrote:
In addition to moving the ads, perhaps BT could give some thought to using them to communicate with the many, many players who don't participate on this or any other discussion board, BT's website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Instead of being reminded (as we frequently are) to play the game we're currently playing, anyone who is not Player Plus could be told the consequences: score won't appear in the individual hall of fame, and location scores dependent on that score will be adjusted downward. (And yes, reminded that "If you're not Player Plus, you can't earn badges").

Brooke/AARDVK

Thanks, Brooke - We are activily working on a messaging strategy that shifts our current promos over to stuff that makes more sense for the players and other bar patrons. Our teams are small and so we can't turn stuff around super fast, but we are working very hard! I really appreciate your feedback. It is helpful :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:53 pm 

slotek wrote:
poman wrote:

There is a similar problem with SIX on Wed/Thu. The rankings barely make it through one full cycle.

I have sent this along! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:

Brooke/AARDVK

Who cares about any of that stuff? Maybe, just maybe the most important thing is National Rankings. KK, can you please explain to me how the ENCORE Feed goes from competing against +/-8k to about 1200 is MORE competition? Please, I know I am not the best in Math, but I always thought 1200<8000. I need help with this please. I know I won't get an answer because I am being an ass, but come on! How could you shit on the West like this and expect us to enjoy repeats?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

slotek wrote:

I wanted to wait until night to verify it, but SLOTEK/Mike is absolutely correct--we're just getting one quick pass through of the rankings. And I think was also true before the split, and I always attributed it to SIX perhaps being a slightly longer game than other premiums because of the number of questions (which is why we like it a lot).

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm 

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that the Spotlight rankings bug should be fixed tomorrow! They got the fix done today and they will be testing it tomorrow to make sure the update gets out there before the game. I'll let you know if that doesn't happen, but we should be a go for Friday :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
slotek wrote:

I wanted to wait until night to verify it, but SLOTEK/Mike is absolutely correct--we're just getting one quick pass through of the rankings. And I think was also true before the split, and I always attributed it to SIX perhaps being a slightly longer game than other premiums because of the number of questions (which is why we like it a lot).

All things considered, I have never understood how it could possibly be so hard for NTN Buzztime, Inc. to provide two full minutes at the end of games for two complete showings of both site and individual rankings. If they can do so for Lunchtime Trivia :roll:, then it seems they can do the same for the rest. Image Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!