New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight East 5/18
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:14 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congratulations to Litnin and Lost Beach for their #1 individual and bar rankings last night. Friday night at Varsity Grill in Tallahassee has Kendo, Zippy, Slam, Scots, Harper and Whips and other Friday night stalwarts welcoming another weekend.
The first question in the Get-A-Clue round threw us. Hey Mama was the unscrambled clue and I erroneously call out Naomi Judd (Mama He's Crazy is what I was thinking about). Donda West (who?) is the correct answer and we all get -375 which hurts. Turns out she's Kanye West's mother who passed away in November, 2007, and Hey Mama was a tribute to her.
The final question in Think Again leads to Uma Thurman and thanks to my wife's television habits I precall "Smash" whom the very knowledgable Kendo and Zippy had no clue about. The final question topic is Movie Bad Guys and the question is "Who got an Oscar nomination for playing a psychotic assassin (I never heard of a normal assassin) in In The Line of Fire"? Zippy responds right away John Malkovich and we rank #5 as a bar.

We bid farewell to Andrew (Glaze) who is moving to Atlanta, a la Mike T. GRex from Jacksonville is in town for a regular baseball tournament visit and our bar rank is #1 in the 10:00 Late Shift game. I meet a player logged in as "Spin" who is moving to Tallahassee from Colorado. We always try to make new people and visitors feel welcome.

Friday is also Comedy Club night and even louder than WPT Poker night on Monday. On the way home I stop at Applebee's Killearn to pickup a late dinner for the wife and rank #1 in the 11:15 Late Shift game playing five boxes. Wonder if anyone notice?

Post subject: Re: Spotlight East 5/18
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:11 pm 
Himself Fodder

Hunk wrote:
Congratulations to Litnin and Lost Beach for their #1 individual and bar rankings last night.

Neither LITNIN nor Lost Beach won Spotlight. And players still wonder why the west is so pissed about this split network absurdity.