New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight 3-29
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

What gives with the HOF this morning? Virtually every individual in the HOF East is flagged with a repeat game/repeat content. Only 4 locations didn't get flagged with a repeat.

Yet the HOF West doesn't seem to be flagged.

Edit: Check that, the West has the same problem. For whatever reason, my browser was displaying the West scores from 3/22 instead of 3/29

Post subject: Re: Spotlight 3-29
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hells bells. For whatever reason(s), I can't bring up the results of those games. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It was a clusterfuck of a game. We had 5 questions in the first round where max points was 100 was the max, other bars had only 3, what is Buzztime fucking with now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:46 am 
U > 100 * 2

lewser wrote:
It was a clusterfuck of a game. We had 5 questions in the first round where max points was 100 was the max, other bars had only 3, what is Buzztime fucking with now.

Same thing at my home site and most of the questions in the first round tolk twice as long to display clues and complete. :( Tried to call BT during break but apparently so was the rest of the East Coast. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm 
Revolution

I am not sure how many of the 100 point questions we had in the first round, but it sure felt like five. I was sitting at a whopping 4600 points after the first round so it probably was...

I am guessing that unless Buzztime can recompute everyone's score, they will invalidate (i.e. count as a repeat game) all the effected scores because this would bring down the average score of all that actually care about having the highest, individual Spotlight score on the Buzztime website. I could really care less about my average score...but I suppose there are those that will complain that the max score possible was significantly less than normal and those that played the game are at a disadvantage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

We had 5 100 pt questions at Hardtimes and the very slow ticking down as mentioned. Also a ton of typos in the game, way more than usual. How does a random looking point structure get implemented without major re coding? Or is just yet another computer glitch like the playback final Q? Strange gremlins coming from Carlsbad.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 am 
Himself Fodder

Don't know what's more sad, that a premium game can be so screwed up or the fact that so few people here are commenting on such.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime with their stupid ass decisions have created a player base that just doesn't care anymore. I don't see any of that changing anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
Buzztime with their stupid ass decisions have created a player base that just doesn't care anymore. I don't see any of that changing anytime soon.

Oh players care. If no P+ points or badges were awarded there would have already been hundreds of posts worrying about such.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 pm 
Centenarian

lewser wrote:

Guess your statement would accurately describe my lack of a response. The split and lack of a "real" primetime sports game just destroyed any faith I had in their decision making/ proof reading,etc... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Don't know what's more sad, that a premium game can be so screwed up or the fact that so few people here are commenting on such.

Actually there's a number of people (including me) commenting on NTN/BT's Facebook page. Here's a fun fact that shows where their priorities lie: someone did make an effort on Easter Sunday to put up a post on that FB page--but it was just a promotion for Badge Hunter. The thread about the screwed up Spotlight game still has no NTN/BT response.

As I noted on that thread, because NTN/BT did not acknowledge the Spotlight problem, I considered there to be a significant risk that Playback would also be screwed up--so even though I was planning to play yesterday's Headliners group, I stayed home.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

On that note, I'd like to see more on this forum about the talk about Buzztime that goes on over on Facebook...because I have no presence over there and expect never to.
Might I suggest an ongoing thread here titled "Meanwhile over on Facebook" or some such?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

whales wrote:
On that note, I'd like to see more on this forum about the talk about Buzztime that goes on over on Facebook...because I have no presence over there and expect never to.
Might I suggest an ongoing thread here titled "Meanwhile over on Facebook" or some such?

I do watch their FB page, but a lot of things they put up there are innocuous (promotions, trivia questions, etc.), so I don't want to think one always has to comment on it. However, I will comment here (always) on threads that impact what I find interesting.

In big part, I'm doing that because NTN/BT understands that their FB page is viewed by many, and as long as someone is respectful in pointing out things or asking questions, they actually do respond in some way.

So--why aren't more of you joining me (and the others who post there) instead of waiting to get the report here?

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:05 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

We also had the 100 point questions and were very upset. Based on the final scores, we are guessing that some places did not have that problem.

Can anyone validate that their bar was not seeing 100 point questions?

So now we have Playback and Spotlight screwed up?

Absolutely terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hammer wrote:
We also had the 100 point questions and were very upset. Based on the final scores, we are guessing that some places did not have that problem.

Absolutely terrible.

Buzztime posted New Rules on how to post (what's allowed) on their Facebook wall last night. They wrote there is nothing that we can't all resolve politely and efficiently.

Meanwhile the Playback problem has gone unresolved for about three months now

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hammer wrote:

Absolutely terrible.

How would yoy guess that some sites didn't get screwed by the 100s?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:

Buzztime posted New Rules on how to post (what's allowed) on their Facebook wall last night. They wrote there is nothing that we can't all resolve politely and efficiently.

Meanwhile the Playback problem has gone unresolved for about three months now

Too bad all the rules they post are arbitrary. I was banned permanentaly for answering all their questions: exactly 3 hours later with West/Repeat Feed checking in with the answers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:08 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

lewser wrote:
Hammer wrote:

Absolutely terrible.

How would yoy guess that some sites didn't get screwed by the 100s?

Because the high scores seemed in line with previous weeks. Pure speculation on our part, so that is why I asked the question

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

We had 5 100s at Torrey Pines Pub, i also know Old Town had several as well. We would have pushed a 62ish. I knew exactly who you were questioning. We had visitors from the team that had won 8 in a row, i know like how dare we crush?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 am 
Lotsa Posta

Several SOCAL sites had problems too. I got several texts asking if I had problems at my site, but I didn't know as I rarely play Spotlight or Playback anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Although I wouldn't like it very much, i would take this kind of fuck up every once in a while if the split was gone. The other 2 time zones get such better competition, it is god awful over here. To the people still allowed to tell Buzztime on Facebook that they are screw ups, keep it up. We just need many more, not just the same few.