New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight-Walsh's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:47 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The last two Fridays (1/15 and 1/22), Walsh's won spotlight by wide margins, as shown on the totals at the end of the game. In each case, however, the next day on buzztime.com, it appears tat no one at Walsh's even played the game. Anyone got a guess as to what is going on? Our scores for other games appeared as normal. My email to Buzztime about this earlier this week is so far unanswered.

Post subject: Re: Spotlight-Walsh's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I saw that Walsh’s wasn’t in the top 10 online today and knew something was wrong. My 1st answer to ANY problem is Reboot.

Other thoughts, how much of the non spotlight play is through the app vs tablets? Is everyone playing by app then switching to tablets just for spotlight? Some other internet connected device in the bar doing something to cause interference when scores report out at 8:25 or so. But you say the score is showing in the bar after Spotlight so interference isn’t too likely. But is anyone else seeing Walsh’s in 1st? Or is the bar computer just putting you in the rankings where it thinks your score would be. That did happen years ago.

Or you all just win too much and getting cut out on purpose. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:09 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Thanks for your thoughts.

We can try a reboot, although it only happened on Spotlight, not other games.

We are all playing on tablets. There may be one/two local app players because we run out of tablets and there are remote players not associated with the team. but again, only happens on Spotlight, not other games.

Paranoid part of me wonders if we are being cut out by winning too much, but I can't believe that would be done (also that they are that organized and paying attention). Also, we are NOT cheating and so many are on other games as we know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I’m still wondering if any other bar saw Walsh’s win Spotlight the last 2 weeks? If no one else saw it then there is reporting problems, but why just for that game?

Next Friday reboot when you 1st get to Walsh’s, check with the manager about anything going on with something using the internet at 8:25, put on your tin foil hats and have 13 people do a shot of Jagermeister right before Spotlight. That never failed to produce good rankings at JJ Muldoons and Hardtimes back in the day. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:01 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Nothing unusual with the internet. Jokes aside, what is the contact email what they sometimes reply to? This bug bugs me. Also, I live to far away from any site to play at home. Do you (or anyone) know a solution to that for I pad? Many locations still closed here for in person play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Nothing unusual with the internet. Jokes aside, what is the contact email what they sometimes reply to? This bug bugs me. Also, I live to far away from any site to play at home. Do you (or anyone) know a solution to that for I pad? Many locations still closed here for in person play.

The only email that seems to have some luck is: email@buzztime.com Please don't use it too much, major problems only. It is supposed to be for bars wanting to expand their radius out to 20 miles on the app because they are closed for in person play. (yes the expansion request must come from the email on file for the bar)

As for getting iPads to play on the BT app from home re-read the the thread below, last page (7). “Imyfone anyto “ works great for me. Just an occasional reprogramming. They do have sales on the 3 month subscription from time to time, only paying $15 for 3 months now.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3785&start=150

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:36 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Alas, on Friday, for the 3rd week in a row, Wlash's won Spotlight by 8000 points (which showed on the results then). For the third week in a row, by the next day on Buzztime.com, it look as if we had not played at all. Our results for other games were accurate. Harumph.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Alas, on Friday, for the 3rd week in a row, Wlash's won Spotlight by 8000 points (which showed on the results then). For the third week in a row, by the next day on Buzztime.com, it look as if we had not played at all. Our results for other games were accurate. Harumph.

Have you heard from anyone that they did indeed see Walsh’s on the Spotlight leaderboard at another bar on Friday night? I’m not convinced that Walsh’s is reporting out at 8:25 central time.

I don’t think there is anyone else on Scar that is playing Spotlight these days.

Last edited by BUD on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:29 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I have not heard one way or the other from another bar. As I said, it is only on Spotlight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:13 pm 
Moons of Uranus

I checked with the Torrey Pines people, they said that it said they were second, but when the bar scores showed up, they were listed in first.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm 
Lotsa Posta

megumi wrote:
I checked with the Torrey Pines people, they said that it said they were second, but when the bar scores showed up, they were listed in first.

Thanks. It shows us properly on the screen at the end of the game that night, then we are gone the next day on buzztime.com.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

megumi wrote:

The Torrey Pines crew said "when the bar scores showed up, they were listed in first" is that "showed up" talking about online the next day? Or are they talking about in the bar Fri night?

Kind of an ambiguous quote. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm 
Moons of Uranus

BUD wrote:
megumi wrote:

The Torrey Pines crew said "when the bar scores showed up, they were listed in first" is that "showed up" talking about online the next day? Or are they talking about in the bar Fri night?

In the bar Friday night. I haven’t played Spotlight for a while, but I believe there’s a screen that shows you your team rank before the usual bar and individual scores show up, on that, it said they were second. Then the bar rankings showed up, and they were first there, as mentioned previously.

Hopefully that clears things up somewhat, it’s an odd situation all around.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

megumi wrote:
BUD wrote:
megumi wrote:

In the bar Friday night. I haven’t played Spotlight for a while, but I believe there’s a screen that shows you your team rank before the usual bar and individual scores show up, on that, it said they were second. Then the bar rankings showed up, and they were first there, as mentioned previously.

Hopefully that clears things up somewhat, it’s an odd situation all around.

Yes, it does show that no one is seeing Walsh’s on screen in the bars for Spotlight. The only bar showing Walsh’s in first is their own bar as I thought.

The pre rankings quick screen showing 2nd for Torrey Pines is interesting though. That screen if I recall is not always correct, just the local computer guessing a number as are the individual rankings seen before they actually come up a few minutes later.

Either way it’s fucked up at Walsh’s, try 13 simultaneous shots of Jager. If that fails go to Teaser’s or Crossroads and talk to Richek about his shit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:14 pm 
Lotsa Posta

On Friday, for the fourth week in a row, Walsh's wins Spotlight by a large margin: 59072 bar average over Torrey Pines second at 53820. I have the screen picture, which is apparently too big to attach here, see Friends who Like Buzztime on facebook. So we get our due on the screen, but the next day, for that game only, there is no data on buzztime.com for Walsh's in that game at all. What gives, he asked, mostly rhetorically at this point.

I will ask Buzztime tomorrow and hope they pay attention.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Be sure to tell Buzztime no other bars are seeing Walsh’s SL score. You are the only one seeing the win. Everyone else sees Torrey Pines.

Last edited by BUD on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 pm 
Lotsa Posta

BUD wrote:
Be sure to tell Buzztime no other bars are seeing Walsh’s PB score. You are the only one seeing the win. Everyone else sees Torrey Pines.

When you say that, do you mean on the board Friday night, on the website Sat, or both?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
BUD wrote:
Be sure to tell Buzztime no other bars are seeing Walsh’s SL score. You are the only one seeing the win. Everyone else sees Torrey Pines.

When you say that, do you mean on the board Friday night, on the website Sat, or both?

Both, no one but you sees the score Fri night in the bar and then no one sees it online the next day either.

Megumi’s quote above was a bit ambiguous, he cleared it up to say Torrey Pines does not see you on the Fri night boards for Spotlight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:53 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Thanks for the info. We are certainly there and winning by wide margins.

What Buzztime hell is this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:19 pm 
Lotsa Posta

And to continue, Walsh's won Spotlight on Friday Feb 12 for the 6th consecutive time in 2021, with a bar average of 62,562. Kudos to Primetime with 2nd at 52667. For whatever reason Walsh's results for only this game are not showing up on the web site and on other bars' totals. (Bud, we have rebooted).

Buzztime has yet to answer my inquiries about this. See Friends Who Like Buzztime and BadBart for photos of the actual leader board as it appears at Walsh's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:25 pm 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

Well it appears you are not alone Merkin! Reb and I played at Time Out last night and although we did not do well, Time Out did not get reported at all. WTF?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Hammer, RayJ may have figured it out. Because Time Out and Walsh's do not have the distance parameters set in remote play (and only them among Chicago area bars), the Tuesday and Friday games do not register. I will try to follow that up with Buzztime Monday.

In the meantime, Walsh's won it's 7th consecutive Spotlight by a large margin on Fri Feb 26. Pictures of local leaderboard to be placed on fb soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Hammer, RayJ may have figured it out. Because Time Out and Walsh's do not have the distance parameters set in remote play (and only them among Chicago area bars), the Tuesday and Friday games do not register. I will try to follow that up with Buzztime Monday.

In the meantime, Walsh's won it's 7th consecutive Spotlight by a large margin on Fri Feb 26. Pictures of local leaderboard to be placed on fb soon.

Interesting, so both these bars are on the 20 mile setting for the phone app? Anyone in the max 20 miles will show as 0.0. Then the 2 games not in the app Showdown and Spotlight do not report out. Strange.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:53 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Bud,

Congrats on a nice first in Playback last night. What was the subject (was it the one listed). Three of us who stink at music played Ask It Already and Speed Freaks at Sweet Spot with old blue boxes. We won, but those games are 'wartime baseball' with only 20-ish places playing ach.

Nice job on Playback!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Bud,

Congrats on a nice first in Playback last night. What was the subject (was it the one listed). Three of us who stink at music played Ask It Already and Speed Freaks at Sweet Spot with old blue boxes. We won, but those games are 'wartime baseball' with only 20-ish places playing ach.

Nice job on Playback!

Thank you, I have to credit my wife Opiee and also Freezer for my 1st Playback win in many years and the bar win too. They know far more than I about most of last night’s game and the headliner too which was Cher. Easy headliner but I did have to split my boxes on 1 Cher q they weren’t sure about.

Cher was a blind surprise as there was no updated schedule, it ended last week.

To keep with this Spotlight thread, Stained Glass Pub is also on the 20 mile max app setting but I don’t know if anyone has tried to play Showdown or Spotlight in almost a year so I can’t confirm the same problem. Keep us posted on what it takes to fix, going back to the standard 2 miles maybe?