New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Spotlight - February 11, 2011
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
I decided to stay and play Spotlight last night. I'm glad that I did! Nobody else showed up to play, so I got my 6 playmakers ready and played. Was it the final that caused the train wreck in scores? Cause I never thought a 45-46k avg would be a top 20, let alone a #1.

It did for me. When playing solo, I can rarely clear the 30k level after the first four rounds...but I did last night. But I bombed the final question (as I usually do :oops: ). The only thing that prevented me from going completely into the red was that the final two choices in my bar included the one it couldn't possibly be (Freeman).

Final category: Razzie Awards

Final question: He made history in 2004 when he was nominated for a record 5 Razzie Awards

It was one of those questions that show just how quickly time flies. You certainly don't think of him as a Razzie actor today in 2011. But I completely forgot about just how many bad movies he was in during 2004.

PS - Congrats on joining our little club of winning a premium game single-handedly! (MEGUMI is the President :lol: )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 pm 

The question was 'Who was nominated for a record five worst acting Razzies in 2004?'. The answer Ben Stiller / ALONG CAME POLLY, ANCHORMAN, DODGEBALL, ENVY and STARSKY & HUTCH. Two of us got it for full, one a little slow, and one not at all. I figured it had to someone in 5 films in 2004 and Ben Stiller popped out ahead of Tom Cruise and Kevan Nealon.

No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationery.
Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 pm 
Nonagenarian

Location: Tavern on Main, El Segundo, CA; also play at Mr.B's, East Side Mario's
ERIC wrote:
I decided to stay and play Spotlight last night. I'm glad that I did! Nobody else showed up to play, so I got my 6 playmakers ready and played. Was it the final that caused the train wreck in scores? Cause I never thought a 45-46k avg would be a top 20, let alone a #1.

By the way.. I went into final with a 35200ish on ITZQAZ and a general 34000ish avg on all of the playmakers and bled on the final after Sylvester Stallone was eliminated.

But that's a first for me on an hour-long premium game. And it will probably never happen again.

Final scores BWW Ironton
ITZQAZ 48,612
ERIC 48,165
REDMEN 45,772
UK 45,016
TOMCAT 45,000
ITIGER 15,805 <- still showed answer #1 didn't change :(

Great work, Eric!!! Wow, a premium game win solo. It was an extra-tough Think Again round that did us in where I was playing. I thought that was a tough final question as well.

Christina/HEELAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 am 
1st 2nd BSG?

ERIC wrote:
Thanks Poman and Heelix I really appreciate it :)

But I'm sure you'll see Old Town or Mr B's back atop the boards this Friday. I'll play but lightning won't strike twice :(

I thought we'd eaten it pretty good (only four boxes got ANY points, one of them got about 80%), then exchanged texts with Gambit and found out they'd completely whiffed it. It turns out their answers wiped out in a slightly less friendly manner.

Well done, Eric.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 am 
Centenarian

Foose wrote:
I thought we'd eaten it pretty good (only four boxes got ANY points, one of them got about 80%), then exchanged texts with Gambit and found out they'd completely whiffed it. It turns out their answers wiped out in a slightly less friendly manner.

Our answers wiped out in a slightly less friendly manner as well :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:42 am 
Centenarian

ERIC wrote:
On my answer deletion If I can remember 1,5,3 it started with Sylvester Stallone and left as the last two Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler. I went 1-2 with points bled. If I would of nailed it I would of been closer to a 50k avg.

We were left with Sylvester and Ben. Negative points on all boards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:33 pm 
Legal Member

Our last 2 were Freeman and Stiller. Needless to say our team was shocked that we got 6th at Playmaker's in Cleveland, OH.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm having a deja vu ;)