New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spotlight March 11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Can someone explain that final question in English? :? :lol: I had never seen an episode of The Office until this year. (I've probably only seen a half dozen episodes now and only about 2-3 of them in their entirety).

Since I had no clue what they were asking, I was just going to sit the question out. But then I thought about BO's mantra, you have to be a man. So I decided to hit a button and eat the minus 50% :lol:

Post subject: Re: Spotlight March 11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:38 pm 
Himself Fodder

poman wrote:
Can someone explain that final question in English? :? :lol: I had never seen an episode of The Office until this year. (I've probably only seen a half dozen episodes now and only about 2-3 of them in their entirety).

Since I had no clue what they were asking, I was just going to sit the question out. But then I thought about BO's mantra, you have to be a man. So I decided to hit a button and eat the minus 50% :lol:

You are ready for the trials now young Padawan. :lol:

Very glad you manned up, I wouldn't want to have to lump you in with all the other P+ pusses. Besides, you do it one time, the next thing you know you'll be doing it every other game of Playback! :shock: :shock: :shock:

BO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 am 
U > 100 * 2

Many of the characters are played by actors who share their first names, particularly the supporting characters. Phyllis is played by an actress named Phyllis, Angela an actress named Angela, etc. But Kelly is played by Mindy Kaling, so that was the answer. Immediately when I saw the question I thought it would be incredibly easy for anyone who watches the show regularly (as I do) and completely impossible for anyone who doesn't, hence the low scores.

Too bad we did not have 5 boards, as the average of our three was enough for first place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Many of the characters are played by actors who share their first names, particularly the supporting characters. Phyllis is played by an actress named Phyllis, Angela an actress named Angela, etc. But Kelly is played by Mindy Kaling, so that was the answer. Immediately when I saw the question I thought it would be incredibly easy for anyone who watches the show regularly (as I do) and completely impossible for anyone who doesn't, hence the low scores.

Too bad we did not have 5 boards, as the average of our three was enough for first place.

Yeah, we had a rare chance to actually win a game of Spotlight (we're not usually in the hunt), but we all got negatives on the last question. I watch the Office fairly regularly, but never really followed the real names of the lesser characters.. Good question, a little confusing, but I admire the creativity..