New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Playback, April 27 - JTLake
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nelly Furtado
Alicia Keys (who I think are pretty much interchangable)
and FJTLAKE

Last edited by BGTUNA on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Playback, April 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Centenarian

BGTUNA wrote:
Nelly Furtado
and FJTLAKE

Hope it's JTLAKE 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FJTLAK!! :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GIRLIE wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:
Nelly Furtado
and FJTLAKE

Hope it's JTLAKE 8-)

So do WE (says OPIEE, not necessarily BUD).

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:

Have you ever played buzztime in a... suit & tie? :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
liljol wrote:

Have you ever played buzztime in a... suit & tie? :geek:

Yes I have. I'll see if I can find the pic... and Opiee says she likes to chew strawberry bubblegum while swimming along the blue ocean floor. :roll:

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:07 pm 
Centenarian

Congrats to POMAN's team tonight. Our team of 3 missed the first question about the scavenger hunt and the name of his tour. I am “friends” with JTLAKE on Facebook but apparently don't pay attention to his posts. However, we'll take #4 8-)

Last edited by GIRLIE on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GIRLIE wrote:
Congrats to POMAN's team tonight. Our team of 3 missed the first question about the scavenger hunt and the name of his tour. I am “friends” with JTLAKE on Facebook but apparently don't attention to his posts. However, we'll take #4 8-)

Emphasis on team, specifically Jackie/VMPYRE, as she called the last five answers in the game. My only useful contributions to the round were Q4 and Q5. I thought everyone would know the SNL one (well, that is the song, as I guess there were two SNL questions in the round) but it seemed like nobody was going to come up with that one until I said something. Hey, we'll take it :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 am 
A Martial Birth

My second worst Playback score ever. (And just when my worst Playback score ever is about to roll off my six-month average.) Absolutely horrendous in almost every way. I knew only 3 of the headliner questions and I whiffed on the final one. Even before Justin Effing Timberlake was chosen, it was a horribly written game; it seemed as if more than half of the questions were about music since 2010. (I know that during the second round, I made three straight wild-ass guesses on such questions, all of which miraculously turned out to be the right answer.)

My local B-Dubs was a huge fustercluck last night, too, which didn't help. First, they seated me in the bar area, where I hate sitting. Second, they turned off the trivia feed for several minutes during Ask It Already. Third, and worst, they thought I left at one point when I took a potty break, and they cleared my table - and then, when I returned, I was accused of cutting in line on the waiting list! What a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

cheemo wrote:
My second worst Playback score ever. (And just when my worst Playback score ever is about to roll off my six-month average.) Absolutely horrendous in almost every way. I knew only 3 of the headliner questions and I whiffed on the final one. Even before Justin Effing Timberlake was chosen, it was a horribly written game; it seemed as if more than half of the questions were about music since 2010. (I know that during the second round, I made three straight wild-ass guesses on such questions, all of which miraculously turned out to be the right answer.)

My local B-Dubs was a huge fustercluck last night, too, which didn't help. First, they seated me in the bar area, where I hate sitting. Second, they turned off the trivia feed for several minutes during Ask It Already. Third, and worst, they thought I left at one point when I took a potty break, and they cleared my table - and then, when I returned, I was accused of cutting in line on the waiting list! What a mess.

That's a busy Bdubs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 am 
A Martial Birth

scar wrote:
cheemo wrote:

That's a busy Bdubs.

Yes, it is. On average, I have to wait for a table on 3 of every 4 Saturday nights. Add in that this past Saturday was UFC night, and it made for one packed BDubs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 am 
Lord of Scaratings

cheemo wrote:
scar wrote:
cheemo wrote:

That's a busy Bdubs.

Yes, it is. On average, I have to wait for a table on 3 of every 4 Saturday nights. Add in that this past Saturday was UFC night, and it made for one packed BDubs.

Aahh. I avoid Bdubs on UFC nights since the night they turned off the NCAA basketball tournament to put the fight on every channel. A group of us got up and left en masse, told them why, and they really didn't care because the UFC fans were packing the place, screaming, and doing lotsa slammers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

scar wrote:
cheemo wrote:
scar wrote:
That's a busy Bdubs.

Aahh. I avoid Bdubs on UFC nights since the night they turned off the NCAA basketball tournament to put the fight on every channel. A group of us got up and left en masse, told them why, and they really didn't care because the UFC fans were packing the place, screaming, and doing lotsa slammers.

Surprisingly, area library attendance remains the same.

Post subject: Re: Playback, April 27 - JTLake
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Headliner: Justin Timberlake
(paraphrased, as usual)

Q1: Ploy used to promote his 2013 album: (SCAVENGER HUNT)

Q2: Boy band he was in: (N SYNC)

Q3: Paired up with ________ on "Inside Lleywn Davis" (MUMFORD & SONS)

Q4: Name of his tour with Jay-Z: (LEGENDS OF THE SUMMER)

Q5: Won a Creative Arts Emmy in 2007 for: (DICK IN A BOX)

Q6: Performed "Rock Your Body" at the Super Bowl with: (JANET JACKSON)

Q7: Has hosted this show 5 times: (SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE)

Q8: "So You Took A Chance And Made Other Plans..." (CRY ME A RIVER)

Q9: Name of the label he created to sign new artists: (TENNMAN RECORDS)

Q10: Name of his band he performed with at the 2013 Grammys: (THE TENNESSEE KIDS)

Encore:

Single that was released early to promote The 20/20 Experience: (SUIT & TIE)

[I'm still unsure how this question was worded. I thought it said Song, which would make for a very ambiguous question with multiple correct answers. But another one of my teammates said the question read Single, which would make that the lone correct answer. I'll take his word for it].