New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Playback 5/31
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Wondering if any of the regular players have more than a lil suspicion over the astronomically high scores this week from O'Hare's. Considering that their average was about 15k or so over the usual East FSPLIT teams and 25k or so over the usual high ranking West FSPLIT team, seems way more than a lil suspect.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Playback 5/31
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Their Playback averages, when they hit the encore, seem to be in upper 50k and low 60k range. Putting up 80k is extremely difficult, but could happen with lightning in a bottle. But doing 80k two weeks in a row now raises a lot more suspicion. There have been a ton of repeat questions in Playback the past couple months so clearing 80k is certainly possible if you have a photographic memory. But even at that, it would raise the question of why they haven't done as well with all the other repeat questions the past 6+ weeks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hey it's New Mexico so yes any score out of there has to be considered suspicious as long as that BWW Sante Fe is still showing east feed games. Plenty of time to get from Sante Fe to Rio Rancho. This time the culprits weren't stupid enough to actually play the east game, just had someone watch it.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

poman wrote:
Their Playback averages, when they hit the encore, seem to be in upper 50k and low 60k range. Putting up 80k is extremely difficult, but could happen with lightning in a bottle. But doing 80k two weeks in a row now raises a lot more suspicion. There have been a ton of repeat questions in Playback the past couple months so clearing 80k is certainly possible if you have a photographic memory. But even at that, it would raise the question of why they haven't done as well with all the other repeat questions the past 6+ weeks

Ain't no way those are legitimate scores, there were too many tough questions for them to only miss one or two questions, and run the headliner round. I wonder if they're just getting repeat games from previous weeks and system is reporting out as a new game, or if they're just scumbags cheating the system. Kind of like BUG in Sports Trivia a few years ago, he just kept playing it to the max.

On a side note, the two hardest questions in last Saturday's headliner were repeats from a 9/08/12 Movie Soundtracks headliner. I did a recap of the game that night (available on the Playback thread), and that may have helped me remember them for last week's game. When they asked a question from American Graffiti, and I said, She's So Fine, no one on my team believed me and all went with a different answer (the fools)...And the Jeff Beck/Hound Dog question happened to be the final question from the 2012 game.. Are the buzzies trying to reward people for playing frequently (like Countdown), or are they too lazy to write new questions? I have no idea which is true, but it favors the teams/individuals that play every week and have good memories..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Hey it's New Mexico so yes any score out of there has to be considered suspicious as long as that BWW Sante Fe is still showing east feed games. Plenty of time to get from Sante Fe to Rio Rancho. This time the culprits weren't stupid enough to actually play the east game, just had someone watch it.

Pieces of shit! This must be so much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:
Ain't no way those are legitimate scores, there were too many tough questions for them to only miss one or two questions, and run the headliner round. I wonder if they're just getting repeat games from previous weeks and system is reporting out as a new game, or if they're just scumbags cheating the system. Kind of like BUG in Sports Trivia a few years ago, he just kept playing it to the max.

From what I've been told it wasn't that BUG was a scumbag so much as the fact that he wasn't playing with a full deck.

clark wrote:
... it favors the teams/individuals that play every week and have good memories..

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's trivia games that favor people with good memories.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Just to follow up what Clark said... the last new Headliner game was the Pharrell Williams game. All of May was either all repeats or mostly repeats. The Journey game was especially bad. They literally ripped 9 of the 11 questions verbatim from the previous Journey game. The Michael Jackson game wasn't as blatant. They used a few from the previous Michael Jackson game, but not all or almost all of them like the Journey game. Then again, there are probably about 50-100 existing questions in the database on Michael Jackson so they probably just pulled a bunch of those to fill in the rest.

As stupid as it is to have a Headliner of Lorde, who had all of 2 singles in America (now 3) at the time of the game, at least it caused them to write new questions.

Why they can't write all new questions for the premium games, I'll never understand.

At least the 5 Seconds To Summer question was a new question.

How prevalent are repeat questions in Showdown, Six and Spotlight? To me, Spotlight seems well written each week. The Flashback / years round obviously repeats clues often since there's only so much they can do with that round, but the rest of the rounds always seem to be new or at least mostly new.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
As stupid as it is to have a Headliner of Lorde, who had all of 2 singles in America (now 3) at the time of the game, at least it caused them to write new questions.

Why they can't write all new questions for the premium games, I'll never understand.

Playback, Buzztime's redheaded stepchild.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, they're still at it this week too, although this time they only had 4 P+ boards in play :?