New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Playback-2/8/15 (ABBA)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ENCORE QUESTION

"Let Me Hear You Sing Once More Like You Did Before are You Leave" Are Lyrics From This ABBA Hit:

"Chiquitita"
"Thank You for the Music"
"Fernando"
"S.O.S."
"Mamma Mia"

A: "Chiquitita"

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: Playback-2/8/15 (ABBA)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FINALLY we all seen the national rankings after Playback and this what the east feed saw:

Attachments:
CAM00119.jpg
CAM00119.jpg [ 71.52 KiB | Viewed 399 times ]
File comment: Top Bars
CAM00118.jpg
CAM00118.jpg [ 68.94 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly:

The good - buzztime finally came up with a new Headliner

The bad - buzztime coded the wrong answer on Q6 of the Headliner, which killed 20k off of everyone's scores

The ugly - only 5 bars got the Encore question correct. The question was certainly fair game, it was a simple lyrics question. But though the song was a worldwide hit, it only peaked at #29 in America. So that's why just about everyone tanked it on this side of the pond.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:26 pm 
U > 100 * 2

poman wrote:

The bad - buzztime coded the wrong answer on Q6 of the Headliner, which killed 20k off of everyone's scores

The ugly - only 5 bars got the Encore question correct. The question was certainly fair game, it was a simple lyrics question. But though the song was a worldwide hit, it only peaked at #29 in America. So that's why just about everyone tanked it on this side of the pond.

What was Q6?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

poman wrote:

Cmon, you know that the most you can lose on one question is 12750 (assuming you get 10 of 11 right at the end and wager 50%).

As lame as Q6 was, Money Money Money working title is Gypsy Woman, from what I can tell it was correctly programmed at our bar. When researching Abba I noticed a lot of their songs had "working titles", but I didn't bother trying to remember any of them. The one for Money Money Money was particularly obscure, but I found a few references on it after the fact.

Nice job from Maryland bar for surviving the carnage....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 pm 
Octogenarian

Are you sure they coded the "wrong" answer?

Funny thing is after the game, I did a Google search on my phone using the words "ABBA" and Gypsy Girl paired together, and the song Money Money Money did come up. Now, if you want to argue that NTN went out of their way to come up with an obscure and incredibly difficult question for #6 to wreck everyone's scores, well, that I won't argue about. The usual places (besides wikipedia) that I'd use to "refresh my memory" about certain details in a particular artist or group's career did not have that fact.

Not sure what bothers me more......that we had a great going except for missing two key questions (Yeah, we totally blew the final, too), or the fact that NTN scheduled this game while our biggest ABBA fan had to work as a basketball coach on this night. Nicely played, NTN.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:

As lame as Q6 was, Money Money Money working title is Gypsy Woman, from what I can tell it was correctly programmed at our bar. When researching Abba I noticed a lot of their songs had "working titles", but I didn't bother trying to remember any of them. The one for Money Money Money was particularly obscure, but I found a few references on it after the fact.

Where'd you get that at? I don't doubt you... but I thought the question said what's the subtitle to the song Money Money Money. There doesn't officially appear to be one, but Rich Man's World is mentioned a dozen or so times in the song.