New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5/23 - Jazz Legends
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. From what lil my increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind can remember :(, all but one of the Headliner questions have appeared at one time or another in the general database. :o

The one that *may* have been the mid-round landmine was the one that asked something like "This 1948 Woody Herman song was also the signature solo of Stan Getz" (EARLY AUTUMN). Getz is (somewhat unfortunately) best known for his collaborations with Astrud and Joao Gilberto, but his days with The Herd were most influential on his prolific career.

And, before anyone asks, I'm still pondering whether to bother with playing FBUFFT in a couple of weeks, if only to prove that I'm no fan of his. :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: 5/23 - Jazz Legends
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
The one that *may* have been the mid-round landmine was the one that asked something like "This 1948 Woody Herman song was also the signature solo of Stan Getz" (EARLY AUTUMN). Getz is (somewhat unfortunately) best known for his collaborations with Astrud and Joao Gilberto, but his days with The Herd were most influential on his prolific career.

Yeah, that one that sent scores on a downward spiral. Game was pretty challenging even before that round, but throwing a wicked curveball on q4 made them that much lower, save for what looks like a rogue board at a few locations that was able to hurdle it. It didn't help that Autumn Leaves was the other choice since Mercer wrote both that song and Early Autumn (obviously with Herman on the latter). Definitely a fair game question, just a wicked one.

Post subject: Re: 5/23 - Jazz Legends
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:42 am 
Centenarian

liljol wrote:
[snip]...And, before anyone asks, I'm still pondering whether to bother with playing FBUFFT in a couple of weeks, if only to prove that I'm no fan of his. :lol:

Go ahead, because I'll just stay home on that same evening.