New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: October Headliners
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm noticing a lack of interest in this category as of late. It seems to coincide with my lack of interest in the game. There was a day when we used to keep our Saturday nights open so we could play Playback. Not anymore. We do other things more than we go out for Playback more and more often due to 11 questions of the game being about musical acts we don't care for or know nothing about.

Anyway, here are October's headliners (along with commentary) :lol:

October 3 - Metallica (we may play)
October 10 - 2012 (absolutely no interest)
October 17 - Elton John (most likely will play)
October 24 - Light and Dark (sounds interesting)

Post subject: Re: October Headliners
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It's not a lack of interest. It's boredom with the Headliner categories because all of these categories have been previously used in the Headliner round before. Jamie Hilton, if you're reading, you have to get new questions in this game. I don't know if you don't have a writer or if the writer thinks they're writing new questions but there's a broken programming code causing the old, repeat questions to write over the new questions, but whatever the case, something is wrong. Up until about 4-5 months ago, buzztime at least had 6-12 questions per game on current hits, which at least indicated there were *some* new questions in the database. But this week, Fall Out Boy's current single was in the Triviaoke round, and as soon as I saw that, my immediate reaction was, "Wow, that's the first current song question that buzztime has asked in about a half a year"

If you can't get a writer, then let us volunteer for Viewer's Review. I'd be willing to write a game, I'm sure Ohio or Michigan would be willing to write a game. On the honor system, we'd sit out in the weeks that we write a game.

But I beg you, please do something to get new questions back in this game again. It is not very fun playing a stale game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:02 pm 
U > 100 * 2

The 31st is missing but I'm pretty sure it will be Halloween. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Death Dealer wrote:
The 31st is missing but I'm pretty sure it will be Halloween. :mrgreen:

Most likely. They left it out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
It's not a lack of interest. It's boredom with the Headliner categories because all of these categories have been previously used in the Headliner round before. Jamie Hilton, if you're reading, you have to get new questions in this game. I don't know if you don't have a writer or if the writer thinks they're writing new questions but there's a broken programming code causing the old, repeat questions to write over the new questions, but whatever the case, something is wrong. Up until about 4-5 months ago, buzztime at least had 6-12 questions per game on current hits, which at least indicated there were *some* new questions in the database. But this week, Fall Out Boy's current single was in the Triviaoke round, and as soon as I saw that, my immediate reaction was, "Wow, that's the first current song question that buzztime has asked in about a half a year"

If you can't get a writer, then let us volunteer for Viewer's Review. I'd be willing to write a game, I'm sure Ohio or Michigan would be willing to write a game. On the honor system, we'd sit out in the weeks that we write a game.

But I beg you, please do something to get new questions back in this game again. It is not very fun playing a stale game.

As someone who isn't a fan of the music being released today, I think they rely to heavily on today's music (by new, I mean within the past 3-5 years). Maybe they should go back to the original format where they had the one round dedicated to new music.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

^Well, it wasn't exactly a full round devoted to current music. It was a full round devoted to current music news. Granted, a few of the questions were about current albums / current singles. But most of the questions were about current news... and notice all of the buzztime games that had current news round got flushed out (Abused News, Blur, Sports Trivia, Classic Spotlight Tabloid round, Classic Playback OnBeat round).

Well the current Monday sports game is all about current sports news/games, but we see just how unpopular that game is compared to Sports IQ or even Sports Trivia