New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: November Headliners
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

November 5 - Alicia Keys
November 12 - Election Year Music (probably all this year, but could be 2012, 2008, 2004, etc.)
November 19 - Sting
November 26 - #2 Hits

Post subject: Re: November Headliners
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It looked to me like Buzztime screwed up the final questions of Rounds 2 and 3. The Round 2 final question was a triviaoke type question, and the final question in the Triviaoke round wasn't.

Not that I minded because the way it was written, the last question in Round 3 was a gimme the way it was written and presented. I could only guess at it if it was in Round 2.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

So I'm Number 1 (74552) in Playback for maybe only the third time in more than twenty years.

The Michael Jackson version of "Rockin' Robin" came out in early 1972 a few months before I got my own radio but I was in junior high and certainly heard enough comments directed at me "twiddly twiddly dee..." a few years after the fad of "Hey Robin, how's Batman?" through public school when Batman was the hottest show for kids on TV.

Overall, I found the Playback round easy and since it was general "#2 Hits" I couldn't 'study' like writing a page of notes on Alicia Keys from Wikipedia.

More trouble getting a board as the first four I tried were black screens and finally a staff member found me a 'good' one. Two friends with one board each and three other players—one who wasn't a P+ Player and the other two never bet enough that they'd fall below 18000 if they're wrong so the bar ended up 11th.

Some people mishear my nickname as ROCKIN Robin but I was the one who chose ROCKET Robin after the local soccer team I followed and the cheesy cartoon 'Rocket Robin Hood' when I discovered people on a USENET message board for soccer chose aliases and the guy who posted stuff about English seventh division results (rather than the usual noise of "Manchester United rules/Manchester United sucks") used the nickname 'Thomas The Tank Engine'. That's where I started on 2400 baud modems.

I'm still reporting soccer as a hobby but have moved on to the internet with my own webpage with reports and photos of every game. I was just at a soccer banquet today. It was only my second time out playing trivia in the last six months.

First thing I thought about after my #1 score was I'll have to tell my father but I'm still getting used to realizing he died last month at age 94. Just to finish the circle, when I get off the streetcar to walk to BMO Field in Toronto I walk down Atlantic Avenue to get to the tunnel under the railroad tracks and pass the address that my father worked at for many years (building was demolished and rebuilt since then)....and Nelvana Films who I thought drew the Rocket Robin Hood cartoons and was also on that street (they've moved since then).

Robin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nice recap Rocket. Excellent game you put up too.

I did notice you said you found 4 tablets with black screens before getting a good one.
The ones with black screens just needed to be turned on. With the tip of a pen gently press the small indented button on the left top and hold till you see the galaxy logo. It will be on and ready to use in about 30 seconds. Very easy and has to be done quite often at BWW Gaithersburg.

No need to look all around for other tablets.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Great to hear from you, Robin. :)

OTOH, condolences to you and your family and friends on the loss of your father. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Nice game, way to go..I thought it was funny that the final answer was rockin robin when I saw that rocket robin won.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. Great to hear from you, Robin. :)

OTOH, condolences to you and your family and friends on the loss of your father. :cry:

Here here! (or is it hear here!)? I can never keep that straight.