King or Queen Postsalot

Cities of the World
How's the Weather
Black and White

Interesting selections...

Post subject: Re: November 6 Playback
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I definitely didn't like the cold November Rain here today (although it's changing over to snow tomorrow :o )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
I definitely didn't like the cold November Rain here today (although it's changing over to snow tomorrow :o )

Here in "Chicago", you know, "My Kinda Town", it is cold but sunny. But I would imagine that it is a bit warmer in "Kansas City." "(If You're Going To) San Francisco" you might be able to see the World Series Trophy. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Despite personally getting the final question right, that was easily the worst final question I've ever seen in this game..The question was not consistent with the rest of the game (which was excellent as usual) or what the game is about...Very very lame......Was the last question even written by the same person that wrote the rest of the game, not likely.........

Last edited by clark on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:
Despite personally getting the final question right, that was easily the worst final question I've ever seen in this game..The question was not consistent with the rest of the game or what the game is about...Very very lame...............

Nah, there's definitely been worse final questions.

I was actually expecting an all these / except question for the final. I thought it might be all of these cities are mentioned in "Living In America" except... Although, that would've been better for a Cities Of The USA game. Since the category was Cities Of The World, I think that makes the final question okay (not the best, but adequate).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:46 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

poman wrote:
clark wrote:
Despite personally getting the final question right, that was easily the worst final question I've ever seen in this game..The question was not consistent with the rest of the game or what the game is about...Very very lame...............

I was actually expecting an all these / except question for the final. I thought it might be all of these cities are mentioned in "Living In America" except... Although, that would've been better for a Cities Of The USA game. Since the category was Cities Of The World, I think that makes the final question okay (not the best, but adequate).

You're probably right, but it was still lame period... I bet Wayne Newton sang that song at least some point in time, even if it was in the shower..... LAME, LAME, LAME... you can't change my mind....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:
You're probably right, but it was still lame period... I bet Wayne Newton sang that song at least some point in time, even if it was in the shower..... LAME, LAME, LAME... you can't change my mind....

Oh, I get what you're saying now. I'll have to wait til ROCKET posts the recap to see the specific wording of it. I just assumed the final question meant all of these artists have laid down a recorded version of this song on tape. But a trivia question should always be crystal clear specific, not subject to a different interpretation. Especially on a final question, with so much at stake riding on that one question. So yeah, I totally agree.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:
poman wrote:
clark wrote:

Wayne Newton is the one that I thought would have sung the song.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/trivia/trivi706.htm
Encore question and answer and the Headliner round are on my site.

I guessed the final answer so with only four boards and one of us getting the Encore wrong we still finished as 12th best bar.
When you've never heard the song and your logic is Wayne Newton is 'different' than these jazz artists isn't real confident.

I don't know how many of the top bars were much better as I notice a lot of Encore splitting, minimum five right for 80000 and the rest wrong for 25000.