New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pardon the Interruption
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Saturday afternoon the indefatigable JOHNL lifted his acolytes at B-52 into four successive individual #1's, while playing Countdown, for which we obtained three gold medals. In the fourth game there were only 289 active players. Most everyone else system-wide was playing Football Trivia. Since nobody at the table wished to play Football Trivia, I switched the game to Countdown and we kept banging away.

While switching games on my playmaker, I could not help but reflect that I wouldn't know how to do this on a tablet. Would to do so even be possible?

Later on my curiosity broadened, to speculate how popular Football Trivia is, compared to Countdown. So I went into Buzztime's website and clicked Top Trivia Players, which opens a box displaying all of Buzztime's games. There is no entry for Football Trivia. So I clicked on the Happenings option. Football Trivia isn't mentioned there either. Racking my brains, I finally decided to peer in on BUGG's gameplay stats, since I was very confident that his ALLBUG account would provide me some insight. Sure enough, ALLBUG has played 22 Football Trivia games, to a fine 13.9 average, placing him 3rd system-wide. There have been 16,609 different accounts which have played at least a portion of one game of Football Trivia. But I was unable to devise a method for determining the two players who have been outplaying him. I simply can't find those numbers anywhere.

I clicked on ALLBUG's gameplay history, which shows how many players were participating in the games he played. Early on, Football Trivia was attracting as many as 1,100 players. More recently interest seems to have died down. Typically on the Mondays when BUGG plays there are roughly 800 players. This was the case yesterday, Nov 27.

For the 3:30 PST Countdown quiz there were 1,282 players, which was also close to average for the previous three Countdowns. For the 4:00 PST quiz, there were 51 Countdown players and 821 Football Trivia players, 872 in total. So in switching to Football Trivia Buzztime seemed to have shed 32% of its participatory audience. Granted, this is only a single instance, not even a sample. But it supports my prejudice that Buzztime would be better served (and by extension, we end users as well) if the company were to run Football Trivia over its Sports feed, where the highly specific content of these quizzes would find a much warmer embrace.

Post subject: Re: Pardon the Interruption
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Today, 2.3.18, playing Countdown at B-52, while surrounded by the usual suspects on a Saturday afternoon, nobody prompted me to select the games we would be playing. So at 5:30 PM CST we were obliged to play Football Trivia.

In my defense, it hadn't registered with any of us that this very specific promotion would go forward into February. I answered the first five questions of Football Trivia to the best of my ability and then wandered off, to tax the civilians who were sitting at the rail. (We trivia players were seated at a table by the fireplace.)

Consensus is that the Patriots should prevail in tomorrow's Super Bowl. The one guy who had gone to Las Vegas to place his wagers expects a blow-out, 38-7, to which I objected that the Patriots don't play that sort of game.

Someone kept my playmaker alive through the entire Football Trivia quiz. MME WU had the local high score with a 9.9. MME WU knows as much about football as her 8th Century interregnum Tang Dynasty namesake - leave alone that other Mme Wu, the nuclear physicist. So we had five playmakers below 10K and finished, as a site, 3rd on the Buzztime Leaderboard.

Some enterprise outside of Buzztime must be paying our purveyor of trivia significant money for this promotion. Since the questions involve both collegiate and professional games, I can only surmise that it's a brewery which offers cheap product to those who can least afford it.

Sorry, I've never properly introduced myself. My name is GONE D, I'm 17 years old, and when I need to get drunk all I have to do is stand out on the street-corner and scream:

Dilly, Dilly!

It'll be a matter of minutes before someone of legal age shall come along to relieve me of my distress.

PS: Anyone who thinks the Super Bowl should be played in Minneapolis in February is a genius. No ordinary intellect could arrive at an arrangement so preposterous.