New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Teamwork played here?????
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I looked at FREEZER top score last night (http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=222450) and my verdict clearly shows that he used his smartphone to play at his home bar (Stained Glass) while Hard Times players helped him for the perfect score rather that try to make the best bar score there.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: Teamwork played here?????
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:22 am 
Himself Fodder

He's a known cheater having gamed the system in QB1 around 2005 or so and then vehemently denying it. We just laughed at him because it was ridiculously obvious.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

You're right, an obvious cheat and a laughable one at that. Speed Freaks is an in-house game... anyone who cares about national rankings or medals in that game is an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
You're right, an obvious cheat and a laughable one at that. Speed Freaks is an in-house game... anyone who cares about national rankings or medals in that game is an idiot.

Have OPIEE kick his/her ass!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 am 
Moderating Hobbit

MitchWolf wrote:
I looked at FREEZER top score last night (http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=222450) and my verdict clearly shows that he used his smartphone to play at his home bar (Stained Glass) while Hard Times players helped him for the perfect score rather that try to make the best bar score there.

I consider Speed Freaks to be an excellent time to play Golden Tee, stare at the menu, or count the number of people in the restaurant. I can't think of much other purpose for it, especially if you have more than 5 people playing and one ends up with the "killer" box.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

OPIEE and I weren't at Hardtimes on Friday night, most Fridays I have Drag Racing to run.

I'm sure Freezer was just playing around on his phone without the other players even realizing what he was doing.
He usually is checking fantasy lineups and sports scores. I"m sure that's what it looked like to the others.
I know they wouldn't have knowingly helped him do this. Ken K is 100% anti borg.

I played Playback with him last night and he never mentioned it, probably not a big deal to him, was just seeing if it was possible. He doesn't care about medals or any of that stuff.

Hopefully just a one time thing as was that one QB1 game back in '05 that BO mentioned.
He did have a pocket radio and ear bud that night. He only did that once and I don't believe he denied it, it was known. That guy, STEEL, came down and played the next 3 weeks with us, we did decent and he could see there was no radio.

He does play straight up when I'm there and is pretty good at some categories like music and astronomy.

I agree with Dante, I tend to not pay any attention to Speed Freaks. Usually eating or something else. That game needs to go.
Guess I'll be killing it from now on to remove the temptation.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Teams have been playing with one PM in this game since its inception,
What's the big deal?
Just know more than all of them and you're fine.
The smartphone issue is more of a problem, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I played against an out of towner Saturday night who likes to play his friends' multiple boxes which is OK except for this game. I considered it a victory to even get 6,000 points against someone who is pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 as soon as the question comes up to get the right answer on a box in .01 or less.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Hunk wrote:
I played against an out of towner Saturday night who likes to play his friends' multiple boxes which is OK except for this game. I considered it a victory to even get 6,000 points against someone who is pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 as soon as the question comes up to get the right answer on a box in .01 or less.

There's always faster boxes. We've tested it before by handing them around, on occasion. The best box wins. When you get a few people all playing and hammering buttons, the game just becomes pointless.