New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: March 2012 Topix
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here are the Topix for the following month...

March 1 - Astrology
    March 2 - Celeb News
    March 8 - Powerful Women
    March 9 - Soothing Sounds
    March 15 - Going Green
    March 16 - Non-Saint Patricks
    March 22 - Oceans and Seas
    March 23 - The Hunger Games
    March 29 - Newspapers
    March 30 - TV Kids

As you can see, Friday night Topix are back. I don't really care for most of next month's entries, although 3/22 is a must for me.

-- RWM

Post subject: Re: March 2012 Topix
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm 
Himself Fodder

Astrology on a Thursday? Is that what counts for science these days?

I feel this is a definite Friday game.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Absolutely pathetic. When the best game for more cerebral players in a five week month is a Friday game, it's idiotic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
Absolutely pathetic. When the best game for more cerebral players in a five week month is a Friday game, it's idiotic.

Um...which one do you mean? I'm kind of excited about Powerful Women (who's not) and Oceans and Seas. Maybe even Newspapers. The Friday games all look like typical Friday dreck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am interested in "going green". I assume that will be about Ireland and Saint Patrick.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:05 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

FrankC wrote:
I am interested in "going green". I assume that will be about Ireland and Saint Patrick.

Or LILJOL whenever the eternally-damnable junior university scores a big win over one of his favoured teams

"When the Boston Red Sox ended their World Series drought in 2004, which Buzztime player turned greenest?"

(TIEFLY would be answer #5)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Or LILJOL whenever the eternally-damnable junior university scores a big win over one of his favoured teams

"When the Boston Red Sox ended their World Series drought in 2004, which Buzztime player turned greenest?"

Wouldn't ELPUKO be a greener choice?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Hells bells, FPNGWN, that would be *anytime* that eternally damnable junior university scores *any* win. :evil: Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am 
Lotsa Posta

zog741 wrote:
pengwn wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Wouldn't ELPUKO be a greener choice?

Yes, especially after several drinks. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

I'm much less familiar with ELPUKO's tastes than I am with ILLJOL's. Well, the non-capric ones, anyway

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am 
Lotsa Posta

pengwn wrote:
I'm much less familiar with ELPUKO's tastes than I am with ILLJOL's. Well, the non-capric ones, anyway

The difference is alcohol content. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Sure Akbar if powerful women were likely to be about Hypatia, Agrippina, Victoria, Catherine the Great, even Margaret Thatcher and Benazir Bhutto,you would be right. But that game has going to be frustrating written all over it. if there are fewer than five questions on Oprah Winfrey and Madonna I would be surprised. Probably Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga too. The chances are if we get a Margaret Thatcher question it will be who played her in the movie.

As far as newspapers go, there hasn't been one worthy of the name since the fascist Aussie fucker corrupted the London Times with his presence.

I do confess that it is only my personal bias that means I won't be playing the oceans and seas game. Can never keep the buggers straight myself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Rhino wrote:
I do confess that it is only my personal bias that means I won't be playing the oceans and seas game. Can never keep the buggers straight myself.

I'm sure you meant Strait, amirite? ;)

I wonder how many people will play tonight's Astrology game by peering into their crystal iPhones :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 am 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
Sure Akbar if powerful women were likely to be about Hypatia, Agrippina, Victoria, Catherine the Great, even Margaret Thatcher and Benazir Bhutto,you would be right. But that game has going to be frustrating written all over it. if there are fewer than five questions on Oprah Winfrey and Madonna I would be surprised. Probably Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga too. The chances are if we get a Margaret Thatcher question it will be who played her in the movie.

As far as newspapers go, there hasn't been one worthy of the name since the fascist Aussie fucker corrupted the London Times with his presence.

I share your fears about the Powerful women. I share your opinion of modern newspapers, although I think it could still make a decent trivia game. I still can't suss out which Friday game you think beats all of the Thursday games.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
I wonder how many people will play tonight's Astrology game by peering into their crystal iPhones :o

Was at Adams Mill tonight and we voted for Countdown. So the voting round has a redeeming feature after all. :lol:

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:37 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Ah sorry - Hunger Games. YA pulp but well done and quite inventive post-apocalyptic scenario. Unfairly associated with truly awful dreck like Twilight due to genre neighborhood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:43 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
Ah sorry - Hunger Games. YA pulp but well done and quite inventive post-apocalyptic scenario. Unfairly associated with truly awful dreck like Twilight due to genre neighborhood.

Now it makes sense. A few friends have recommended the novels. One troubling fear: the movie opens the same night as the Topix game. Here's hoping the game isn't fourteen questions about the movie's cast and "Who's the author" for the fifteenth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:16 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Akbar71 wrote:
Here's hoping the game isn't fourteen questions about the movie's cast and "Who's the author" for the fifteenth.

If they ask for the hometown of Jennifer Lawrence, it is Louisville KY.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I hope to God they don't Scar, but I'm sure a bunch will be about the movie not the books. Playing weekend Topix I know what I'm getting into and can't really complain. If that one comes up chalk me down for owing you a beer though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:10 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Now it makes sense. A few friends have recommended the novels. One troubling fear: the movie opens the same night as the Topix game. Here's hoping the game isn't fourteen questions about the movie's cast and "Who's the author" for the fifteenth.

Quite possible. I'm pegging my hopes on the memory that other than one or two stinkers they did a reasonable job with the Potter games.

HG books by the way are a lot closer to adult in young adult than the Potter books, although I have no shame in enjoying well-written books for any age. Heck I still have and still reread Wind in the Willows. They are surely not Proust, and certainly have the somewhat predictable story arc that the target market demands, but there's plenty of both metaphorical and literal red meat for more developed tastes in there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:

Ah, something tells me that Cee-Lo Green will crap up somewhere. :roll: :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well I confess I was only half right about my predicted deficits for the powerful women game. While they mercifully steered clear of celebrity starlets, they apparently forgot the 90-odd percent of history that included powerful women before the 20th Century (sorry - one question out of 15 did just barely sneak into the late 19th). I can name 20 women off the top of my head who had both more real power and more widespread influence than any mentioned in that excessively slanted game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

i thought the powerful women topix was terrific. granted it was almost all 20th and 21st century women. many of the women were women who achieved their power mostly on their own merit without having been born or married to it. you predicted a game dominated by women entertainers and that did not happen. the only entertainer was lucy and her question was about her being the first person in charge a major studio.

we were tripped up by the avon question, but we we able to figure out the rest even if we bled points ciphering out some of the answers.

i thought the game was good and fair.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

IDJIT5500 wrote:
i thought the powerful women topix was terrific. granted it was almost all 20th and 21st century women. many of the women were women who achieved their power mostly on their own merit without having been born or married to it. you predicted a game dominated by women entertainers and that did not happen. the only entertainer was lucy and her question was about her being the first person in charge a major studio.

we were tripped up by the avon question, but we we able to figure out the rest even if we bled points ciphering out some of the answers.

i thought the game was good and fair.

I agree. I thought it was a decent Topix game, Unlike their dinosaur Topix game, which was an abomination.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

From NTN Buzztime, Inc.'s FB page, my most recent post there:

"Please accept your #@%$! badge for your godawful, horrible, grievous bungling of the Kenny G question in today's "Soothing Sounds" Topix."

For those who decided not to bang away at this game, the question went something like "Which of these is *not* true of Kenny G?" The correct answer was "Starred in 'A Chorus Line'", which was answer 2. However, when the smoke cleared, they showed the correct answer as 1, "Real name is Kenneth Gorelick".

Image Image Image Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!