All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Feb Topix / Trendalicious
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Categories still are not posted...

Post subject: Re: Feb Topix / Trendalicious
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Idiots. Do they want anyone to come out tomorrow?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

kaufman wrote:
Idiots. Do they want anyone to come out tomorrow?

I'm not going to risk an awful category...probably wasnt anyways but they havent done anything to draw me out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 pm 
Revolution

Obviously NTN is busy with thier Tablet Takeover Sweepstakes which effects players at 12 locations. I suppose the 100% of locations that play Topix and Trendalicious are a secondary priority.

Somehow the Yoda quote of, "That is why you fail" applies here. Excuse me while I go see if NTN stock is at .21 or .20 today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Buzztime will die with a whimper, not a bang.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

On the homepage, their "Check out today's games!" list has Topix listed first, yet it goes right to January's list. Yeah, like I'm going to waste my time!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:

In celebration of Groundhog Day, it'll be a repeat, er Encore Presentation, of... In The Beginning and In Hollywood :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

poman wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

In celebration of Groundhog Day, it'll be a repeat, er Encore Presentation, of... In The Beginning and In Hollywood :lol:

We were joking last night we should just get the same question 15 times

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It would really be funny if no one played Topix tonight since no one knows what the Topix will be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I suppose "better late than never..." :roll:

February 1 - Online Games
    February 7 - Abraham Lincoln
    February 8 - Romantic Movies
    February 14 - Flowers and Candy
    February 15 - "Sweet" Titles
    February 21 - The NHL
    February 22 - Aging Rock Icons
    February 28 - South Africa

Of these, I like the Thursday games except 2/14. The one I like the most is 2/21.

I think the Topix web page should be updated weekly with the next two weeks being shown. I think a new Topix should get 14 days notice - not five hours!

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I guess somebody at BT monitors Scaratings and passed it along....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
I guess somebody at BT monitors Scaratings and passed it along....

There were a few posts on their Facebook page too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Lincoln, NHL (somewhat) and Aging Rock Icons are the ones Im looking forward too

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Last night was the worst topic game in history. We had zero bars break 7k, yes you read that right 7k.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
Last night was the worst topic game in history. We had zero bars break 7k, yes you read that right 7k.

Well, there were two in the east FSPLIT that broke 7k. :roll:

Still, that was one of the most godawful, horrible Topix games at which I've flailed away. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

lewser wrote:

Thats why we need to know the topics ahead of time. I would have been angry to have gotten that one without notice...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 pm 
U > 100 * 2

lewser wrote:

Couldn't have been worse than the Anime game a few years ago, which occurred during the brief period of time that Topix was in the 10-question BTT format. I answered every question legitimately trying to guess the correct answer (not purposely picking answers I thought were wrong), and ended up with about 600 total points for the game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:

Couldn't have been worse than the Anime game a few years ago, which occurred during the brief period of time that Topix was in the 10-question BTT format. I answered every question legitimately trying to guess the correct answer (not purposely picking answers I thought were wrong), and ended up with about 600 total points for the game.

When in doubt, guess 3 ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

I now have plans on February 21. Here's hoping Buzztime doesn't see a lockout in the next three weeks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

This one on the other hand was quite possibly the easiest Topix I can recall. There was only one tricky question - the last city Lincoln visited before his death - and even that was only very briefly tricky until you considered the proximity of his death to the end of the Civil War and his well-known conciliatory attitude to the defeated South. Under/over on perfects about 25?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Rhino wrote:
This one on the other hand was quite possibly the easiest Topix I can recall. There was only one tricky question - the last city Lincoln visited before his death - and even that was only very briefly tricky until you considered the proximity of his death to the end of the Civil War and his well-known conciliatory attitude to the defeated South. Under/over on perfects about 25?

Agreed. All basic info from his wikipedia page. We flubbed some points on 1 question due to slow reading. Other than that, we were perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:

Agreed. All basic info from his wikipedia page. We flubbed some points on 1 question due to slow reading. Other than that, we were perfect.

I read the page during supper b4 the game....messed up the the last question so we place 9th instead of in the top 3..one guessed on the question like the rest of us and got a perfect score.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
That one was answered in the movie Lincoln.

The one that got me was one of those "not" questions where my brain didn't read the word "not" until I'd bled a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed last Thursday's Topix on the NHL.

Just a little surprised that a team bar in Ohio would post the highest scores on this game. I used to live in Ohio (the other end, nearer to Dayton), where the Dayton Gems (of the former IHL) and Columbus Owls (same league) and Cincinnati Swords (AHL) and Stingers (WHA) all had their day and folded (need I mention the Cleveland Barons?), and where the average person's attitude toward hockey was "I like it because of the fights." :roll: Anyway, congrats to West Park for a tremendous team effort.

I expected the top scores to be dominated by Canadians; only three (one from Ontario and the other two from Alberta) topped my own score from either feed. The only two questions that really tripped me were the name of the Avalanche captain, and the name of the current official of the Lightning; on the latter question I actually started with Yzerman, but associated him too much with the Wings and jumped; definitely something I shouldn't have done. The other questions I either knew cold or was able to figure out the answer after bleeding a few points.

Was planning on playing at Adams Mill, but I had to go home right after work. Going to Adams Mill is an 18-mile drive, one-way. Hence, I played at Chicago Sams ("Rookies").

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

zog741 wrote:
I just wanted to say that I enjoyed last Thursday's Topix on the NHL.

Just a little surprised that a team bar in Ohio would post the highest scores on this game. I used to live in Ohio (the other end, nearer to Dayton), where the Dayton Gems (of the former IHL) and Columbus Owls (same league) and Cincinnati Swords (AHL) and Stingers (WHA) all had their day and folded (need I mention the Cleveland Barons?), and where the average person's attitude toward hockey was "I like it because of the fights." :roll: Anyway, congrats to West Park for a tremendous team effort.

I expected the top scores to be dominated by Canadians; only three (one from Ontario and the other two from Alberta) topped my own score from either feed. The only two questions that really tripped me were the name of the Avalanche captain, and the name of the current official of the Lightning; on the latter question I actually started with Yzerman, but associated him too much with the Wings and jumped; definitely something I shouldn't have done. The other questions I either knew cold or was able to figure out the answer after bleeding a few points.

Was planning on playing at Adams Mill, but I had to go home right after work. Going to Adams Mill is an 18-mile drive, one-way. Hence, I played at Chicago Sams ("Rookies").

-- RWM

thanks, zog. it is true that cleveland is a football town and hockey has always struggled here. however, we have three big hockey fans in our group and they were ready to go. i can't remember which question got them. it may have been the avalanche captain or it may have been one of the ones from before the 50s, but they did know the yzerman one.

we did not expect to win that game either thinking that a canadian team or a team from a long time hockey city like chicago or minneapolis would win. nonetheless we were very happy with the win.