New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: February 2014 Topix & Trendalicious
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:41 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Chemistry tonight! I can't wait to learn a few factoids about all the exciting developments in the field during 2013 :mrgreen:

At the very least, I should have a shorter, more relaxed commute to go play this week
Actually, the game was very on-topic. It did run the range from basic to somewhat esoteric, but I don't recall any questions truly out of place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:
Based on how Buzztime LOVES anything recorded after 2009, I'm expecting the "Classic Rock" game to include questions about those great "classic rock" bands such as Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots, and Hoobastank.

The over/under from this list should be about 13.5 questions. But yeah watch it be more like 3.5 :o

http://giantfm.com/pop_ups/top_500.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

poman wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:
Based on how Buzztime LOVES anything recorded after 2009, I'm expecting the "Classic Rock" game to include questions about those great "classic rock" bands such as Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots, and Hoobastank.

The over/under from this list should be about 13.5 questions. But yeah watch it be more like 3.5 :o

15 good classic rock questions. Now if my idiotic teammates had only listened to me on ths Stones question, we would have all had perfects and not just me...morons. was a fun game with everyone enjoying it but one question did most people in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
poman wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

15 good classic rock questions. Now if my idiotic teammates had only listened to me on ths Stones question, we would have all had perfects and not just me...morons. was a fun game with everyone enjoying it but one question did most people in.

You mean 15 classic rock questions. 13 of them were anywhere from easy to ridiculously easy, so that doesn't make them good. And the 2 challenging questions (CCR and The Stones) were both repeat questions from previous Playback games.

But you want to know why 13 of the questions were simple? During the Queen question, Bohemian Rhapsody coincidentally came on our jukebox. The couple next to us was singing along, asking each othe who is the artist that sings this song. They couldn't figure it out and finally asked us.

That couple is why you get a simplistic classic rock Topix game, and why most Topix games are full of 200
0s questions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Both games were of interest to our BWW Gaithersburg team. Classic Rock and the Olympics, can't get better than that in the same night. Much better Trendalicious game than the usual crap.

The Classic Rock game was as Poman said mostly easy questions and a couple toughies. The Stones one tripping us up, putting us at 7th east. Congrats to Elsa's on the perfect game.

The Young Olympians followed the same format, a bunch of easy ones if you watched just the highlights of the Olympics. Then 1 or 2 tougher ones that we got through. That putting BWW Gaithersburg MD ahead to win the GOLD medal in North America, blowing Tampa & Calgary out of the water. :lol:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Both games were of interest to our BWW Gaithersburg team. Classic Rock and the Olympics, can't get better than that in the same night. Much better Trendalicious game than the usual crap.

The Classic Rock game was as Poman said mostly easy questions and a couple toughies. The Stones one tripping us up, putting us at 7th east. Congrats to Elsa's on the perfect game.

The Young Olympians followed the same format, a bunch of easy ones if you watched just the highlights of the Olympics. Then 1 or 2 tougher ones that we got through. That putting BWW Gaithersburg MD ahead to win the GOLD medal in North America, blowing Tampa & Calgary out of the water. :lol:

And we did the double, earning the gold medal for raspberrying, hissing, spitting and swearing at the Sidney Crosby question. As BUD's sig says, LET'S GO CAPS!