New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: College Thursdays??????
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 pm 
Colt

Come on Buzztime, you advertise on a bar night to college kids and then you roll out the opening night Topix game with a great subject and make hte questions im[possilby inane?????????

Do you want to get fired ? Are you that damn stupid?

Who wrote this crap?

The third place team had sub-10,000.

Not one college kid where I was played past 5 questions.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Post subject: Re: College Thursdays??????
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, I am not convinced that these college themed Topix games are/were necessarily aimed at college age players. FWIW, I was banging away at the NTN Buzztime site closest to one of the two Division I schools in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard (Morena Club, near The University of San Diego), but as has been the case for every Thursday that I've dragged my poor tired lil ass there, I was the only player. Image

That said, this game was nowhere as nearly full of "what school did this pop culture icon attend" as some asininely paranoiac fellow players whined and dreaded beforehand. Certainly, it was a very challenging, yet (at least for me, anyway Image) enjoyable game.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:46 pm 
Colt

liljol wrote:
Well, I am not convinced that these college themed Topix games are/were necessarily aimed at college age players. FWIW, I was banging away at the NTN Buzztime site closest to one of the two Division I schools in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard (Morena Club, near The University of San Diego), but as has been the case for every Thursday that I've dragged my poor tired lil ass there, I was the only player. Image

That said, this game was nowhere as nearly full of "what school did this pop culture icon attend" as some asininely paranoiac fellow players whined and dreaded beforehand. Certainly, it was a very challenging, yet (at least for me, anyway Image) enjoyable game.

Based upon the content I would agree with your observations, however they advertised trips to Spring Break for the winners.
I personally enjoyed it, but I laughed at the college kids who switched back to watching basketball after 3 or 4 questions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I struggled with the game and thought about bailing out after seven questions, since I had a mediocre game going. Lo and behold, the 8th question was about the president who attended Stanford. Since my great grandfather was his roommate, this is common knowledge in our family, so I continued.

Sorry, Liljol. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Fucking terrible game, I thought this was leading up to March Madness. Thank God (Mark) I didn't look forward to these games. Oh wait, I did.. What a waste of my fucking time... I should have stayed home and tried to make a baby..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
Fucking terrible game, I thought this was leading up to March Madness. Thank God (Mark) I didn't look forward to these games. Oh wait, I did.. What a waste of my fucking time... I should have stayed home and tried to make a baby..

I left before the game started. Guys who are NUTS with the reward cards use your 4 passes on Topix, I prolly will just do that.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 am 
Well, Schmidt!

lewser wrote:

My sentiments exactly, same reason I went out and played!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
I struggled with the game and thought about bailing out after seven questions, since I had a mediocre game going. Lo and behold, the 8th question was about the president who attended Stanford. Since my great grandfather was his roommate, this is common knowledge in our family, so I continued.

Sorry, Liljol. :lol:
What's to be sorry about? :roll: California Golden Bear alums enjoy reminding those from that eternally damnable junior university that Hoover, when manager of their (alleged) football team, was supposed to bring the football for The Big Game, but somehow managed to forget, thus delaying the game (IIRC, then held in San Francisco since neither had built their stadia yet) until he could drag his sorry ass back to get it. :lol:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Very tough game as has been stated. Now there is nothing wrong with that, better than what I had feared, a too easy game. Quite obscure questions.

No college kids playing at Hardtimes, they never play much, they are too busy getting wasted and drunk texting. At most they play a few questions but none played last night.

Congrats to ILLJOL & RANGER on making the individual rankings.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Very tough game as has been stated. Now there is nothing wrong with that, better than what I had feared, a too easy game. Quite obscure questions.

No college kids playing at Hardtimes, they never play much, they are too busy getting wasted and drunk texting. At most they play a few questions but none played last night.

Congrats to ILLJOL & RANGER on making the individual rankings.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!