New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NASCAR Topix tonight Nov 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Ray J you finally got your game you've been asking for.
Too bad BT only gave a few hours notice that it is on tonight. They have got to get the schedule posted sooner. BT can't expect much of an audience if no one knows about it.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

Post subject: Re: NASCAR Topix tonight Nov 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Decent game but a little easy 2 perfect boxes. Only tough question was what driver broke his streak of 462 winless races by winning the Daytona 500? The others were all good, no stupid qs.

We pounded Walsh's into the wall on the last turn and took the checked flag. Fun game, let's hope for another NASCAR game, maybe BT could do a game on Sundays before the race? With a few predictions even.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Just how close was that game last night you ask? :lol: 8 pts. I'm sure Walsh's thought they had won that one with those scores. Hell, Elsa's probably thought they were 1st too.

BWW Gaithersburg MD 14,983
BUD 15,000
OC BUD 15,000
TAXMAN 14,982
KEN K 14,972
SMAUG 14,964

Walsh's Westmont IL 14,975
TNT 15,000
BOBO 14,984
MERKIN 14,978
PROA 14,957
CVAVRA 14,957

Elsa's Dayton OH 14,358
ANIMAL 14,627
DUKTPE 14,627
MR ROB 14,561
URA HO 14,175
QWERTY 13,801

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:00 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Alas, Walsh's was too drunk from our usual wins in Sports, Tuned In and Six to pay much attention to Topix last night. :D

Congrats to Gaithersburg for their glorious 76 point win in Immortal Words and the 8 points in Topix. Someone beat us by 25 points in Glory Daze as well.

Here's what happened at Walsh's. When I got there at six, Cvavra told me the new categories for the first time. We were unsure whether Rey (NASCAR/TNT) would be there. Emergency efforts were undertaken to ensure he found out the topic and showed up, He did show indeed, and it is no coincidence he has the handle as he knows everything about Nascar.

I cannot really explain how the other five on our team ended up with scores of 14.8-14.9 other than being generally drunk and disorderly. While I was as well, my tactic was to totally disregard my 12.5-ish Nascar knowledge and key completely on what Rey said. This led to Merkin, Bobo, Nascar and TNT (Rey's friend Tammy's board, which he was playing) all at 12K after 12 questions. At that point we totally anticipated that one of my boards would win, as it is a Walsh's tradition for the not expert to show up #1 ("Rabbi" Cvavra in Hanukkah, Ro in African Capitals). I was the a little slow following him on Waltrip, dooming myself to 14978 and 14984. Then the last q is who won this year's Daytona. With 14K going in on both his boards, Rey precalls Austin Dillhole and misfires on the Nascar board, dooming himself to 14955 on the expert board but saving 15K on Tammy's board. The 14955 put NASCAR out of the top 5 on the Nascar game. we were laughing like idiots.

Last edited by Merkin on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:43 am 
U > 100 * 2

BUD wrote:
Too bad BT only gave a few hours notice that it is on tonight. They have got to get the schedule posted sooner. BT can't expect much of an audience if no one knows about it.

Thanks Bud. Looks like you enjoyed it.
I couldn't get any trivia-mates to join me, probably because of the late notice.

RAY J.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 am 
U > 100 * 2

BUD wrote:
Decent game but a little easy 2 perfect boxes. Only tough question was what driver broke his streak of 462 winless races by winning the Daytona 500? The others were all good, no stupid qs.

We pounded Walsh's into the wall on the last turn and took the checked flag. Fun game, let's hope for another NASCAR game, maybe BT could do a game on Sundays before the race? With a few predictions even.

It was an easy game.
Lost 127 points on the Waltrip question. Probably couldn't read the whole question. My comprehension skills are sometimes lacking.
Would have been nice to have some other regular players.

RAY J.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 am 
U > 100 * 2

Merkin wrote:
Alas, Walsh's was too drunk from our usual wins in Sports, tuned In and Six to pay much attention to Topix last night. :D

Congrats to Gaithersburg for their glorious 76 point win in Immortal WOrds and the 8 points in Topix. Someone beat us by 25 points in Glory Daze as well.

Here's what happened at Walsh's. When I got there at six, Cvavra told me the new categories for the first time. We were unsure whether Rey (NASCAR/TNT) would be there. Emergency efforts were undertaken to ensure he found out the topic and showed up, He did show indeed, and it is no coincidence he has the handle as he knows everything about Nascar.

I cannot really explain how the other fie on our team ended up with scores of 14.8-14.9 other than being generally drunk and disorderly. While I was as well, my tactic was to totally disregard my 12.5-ish Nascar knowledge and key completely on what Rey said. This led to Merkin, Bobo, Nascar and TNT (Rey's friend Tammy's board, which he was playing) all at 12K. At that point we totally anticipated that one of my boards would win, as it is a Walsh's tradition for the not expert to show up #1 ("Rabbi" Cvavra in Hanukkah, Ro in African Capitals). I was the a little slow following him on Waltrip, dooming myself to 14978 and 14984. Then the last q is who won this year's Daytona. With 14K going in on both his boards, Rey precalls Austin Dillhole and misfires on the Nascar board, dooming himself to 14955 on the expert board but saving 15K on Tammy's board. The 14955 put NASCAR out of the top 5 on the Nascar game. we were laughing like idiots.

TOO MUCH FUN!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:51 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

BUD wrote:
Just how close was that game last night you ask? :lol: 8 pts. I'm sure Walsh's thought they had won that one with those scores. Hell, Elsa's probably thought they were 1st too.

BWW Gaithersburg MD 14,983
BUD 15,000
OC BUD 15,000
TAXMAN 14,982
KEN K 14,972
SMAUG 14,964

Walsh's Westmont IL 14,975
TNT 15,000
BOBO 14,984
MERKIN 14,978
PROA 14,957
CVAVRA 14,957

Elsa's Dayton OH 14,358
ANIMAL 14,627
DUKTPE 14,627
MR ROB 14,561
URA HO 14,175
QWERTY 13,801

Congrats on your win!

My bad on this Lorin-If I don't 'fat finger' the last question- this post doesn't exist.

It rarely happens that I get to be the 'lead' on the topic-I was hoping to not f it up.

We didn't win the game, but I guarantee no other group had as much fun playing this game as we did!

rayj1029 wrote:
BUD wrote:

Thanks Bud. Looks like you enjoyed it.
I couldn't get any trivia-mates to join me, probably because of the late notice.

RAY J.

Ray J- youre welcome to join us next time! I'd like someone else to talk NASCAR with!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am 
Lucky Member (China)

A better analogy of your victory would be "nipped us at the finish line".....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:50 am 
U > 100 * 2

nascar wrote:

I was hoping Brad K. would have "nipped" Kyle Busch yesterday.

RAY J.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

rayj1029 wrote:
nascar wrote:

I was hoping Brad K. would have "nipped" Kyle Busch yesterday.

RAY J.

I'll be rooting for the #4 or #22 Sunday.

Wont bother me if the #78 wins- ANYBODY but the Jackazz #18.