New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stephen King Bonus Topix
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Man, was my wife disappointed in this game. She said it should have been "Actors and Actresses Who Starred in Stephen King Movies" since there were so many questions about that. For some of those questions, the delivery was just the Stephen King movie...they could have used any other movie as a delivery. She didn't think there were enough questions about the plots or settings of the movies, or the things that made them Stephen King movies. They had over 30 to choose from!

Post subject: Re: Stephen King Bonus Topix
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

pretty much that was the format for most of these trendalicious books to movies games last month. the questions were heavy on directors and actors.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

And anybody would be surprised by a surfeit of pop culture dreck because........?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
And anybody would be surprised by a surfeit of pop culture dreck because........?

Good point. She was just pissed because King is her favorite author and she has seen close to, if not all, of the movies based on his works. She pays attention to the movies, not to the actors playing in them.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:51 pm 
Nonagenarian

Rhino wrote:

sigh... pop culture is the nature of Trendalicious... no one should be surprised by the "dreck" at all.

As for BGTUNA's input... I can see your point about the plots etc. I'll pass that feedback on the the question writers as something to keep in mind when writing for the game moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

MaryC wrote:
Rhino wrote:

sigh... pop culture is the nature of Trendalicious... no one should be surprised by the "dreck" at all.

As for BGTUNA's input... I can see your point about the plots etc. I'll pass that feedback on the the question writers as something to keep in mind when writing for the game moving forward.

Sigh.... I thought it was supposed to be literature AND movies last month. It's bad enough calling Steven King literature but then asking all the questions on the movie (including ones where the answer directly conflicts with the book) and none on the "literature" means it's just a thinly disguised Get Reel with a theme. If it weren't the norm it would be troublesome. I deliberately AVOIDED the Shakespeare version because I knew that would be the same and I have less patience with messing about with Shakespeare than with King. No doubt we got fourteen questions on 1990 and later adaptations, one token Olivier gimme and nothing at all about the plays.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:53 pm 
Nonagenarian

Rhino wrote:
MaryC wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Sigh.... I thought it was supposed to be literature AND movies last month. It's bad enough calling Steven King literature but then asking all the questions on the movie (including ones where the answer directly conflicts with the book) and none on the "literature" means it's just a thinly disguised Get Reel with a theme. If it weren't the norm it would be troublesome. I deliberately AVOIDED the Shakespeare version because I knew that would be the same and I have less patience with messing about with Shakespeare than with King. No doubt we got fourteen questions on 1990 and later adaptations, one token Olivier gimme and nothing at all about the plays.

I can see your point if Trendalicious didn't come right after Spotlight, which also focuses on film and pop culture... the game is not meant to be fiercely intellectual, just fun.

The topic for the month was about the films that have been made based on works of literature, not the plot of the books. It makes sense to discuss actors and directors.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:31 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I was looking forward to that one too but then got called into work and really couldn't turn down the overtime. With it being about actors/actresses mostly, I'm not sure how I would've fared although I'm usually pretty good on all things Stephen King.

Cheers,
--Tia

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:27 pm 
Centenarian

We had no issues with the game since we came in at #1 :D :lol: