New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: September Trendalicious-TV
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Though the Buzztime web site hasn't posted the Trendalicious subject but the promos at the bar is.

Its all about the upcoming Fall TV season.

This is all i know about it:

Week 1: the Comedies
Week 2: the Dramas
Week 3: Glee
Week 4: Reality Show

As usual I miss two weeks of it (three since I don't know shit about Glee) due to my DJ gig.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: September Trendalicious-TV
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

^Unless Glee is paying sponsorship money to buzztime for that one, I think they screwed up on that one. I can't remember the last time they had a full 15 question game to something that has only aired for one season. (I'm sure it's probably happened in Topix before, I just can't recall off the top of my head the last time it did).

If you're going to have a music Trendalicious TV game, it would've been better to pick (as LILJOL calls it >>>) F_Idol. At least that has nine seasons worth of data for a full 15 question game. Yeah, I know Reality TV is the week after that, which almost certainly include a question from Idol. But in the choice between Glee and Idol, it would've been better to tab Idol, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:37 am 
Lotsa Posta

poman wrote:
^Unless Glee is paying sponsorship money to buzztime for that one, I think they screwed up on that one. I can't remember the last time they had a full 15 question game to something that has only aired for one season. (I'm sure it's probably happened in Topix before, I just can't recall off the top of my head the last time it did).

If you're going to have a music Trendalicious TV game, it would've been better to pick (as LILJOL calls it >>>) F_Idol. At least that has nine seasons worth of data for a full 15 question game. Yeah, I know Reality TV is the week after that, which almost certainly include a question from Idol. But in the choice between Glee and Idol, it would've been better to tab Idol, IMO.

I hate to defend any pop culture, but I have been surprised by the number of and the diversity of Glee fans at my bar. It might just be a winner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
poman wrote:

I hate to defend any pop culture, but I have been surprised by the number of and the diversity of Glee fans at my bar. It might just be a winner.

Well my wife and I are avid fans and we are each 63 years old. Our 32 to year old daughter is a fan, but can not understand why old farts would like it.

I believe this September is the start of Glee's third season.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
I believe this September is the start of Glee's third season.

Prolly that week or week after they start that new season.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 am 
Centenarian

Poman's right that it has only aired for one season. The first season was split into two parts for a total of 22 episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:08 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Akbar71 wrote:
poman wrote:

I agree. I'm always shocked by the people I know who are huge Glee fans, especially considering how averse I am to the entire idea of the show. I'm guessing if I stop thumbing my nose at it and watched it I'd probably enjoy it, as I respect the opinion of almost everyone who has told me it's great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Akbar71 wrote:

I agree. I'm always shocked by the people I know who are huge Glee fans, especially considering how averse I am to the entire idea of the show. I'm guessing if I stop thumbing my nose at it and watched it I'd probably enjoy it, as I respect the opinion of almost everyone who has told me it's great.

After further review (it's football season now :lol: ), I agree now. I was looking at it from an Idol perspective. When Idol first started, the viewership was dominated by tweens/teens (which obviously isn't good for a trivia bar). Eight seasons later, the viewership is now dominated by cougars (30something & 40something women). Tweens and teens are still watching but not to the extent that cougars are. And the cougars have been voting for a cookie cutter champion in each of the past three seasons, which will likely continue as long as the show/demographic lives on...

From a Glee perspective, I think it's also undergone an Idol-type transformation shift - just in extremely fast forward motion. I remember in the fall that viewership was dominated by tweens/teens and they're the ones sending all the songs from that show straight to top of the charts. But I forgot that Glee aired after Idol this past spring...so not only did it retain all the tweens/teens audience (who most certainly haven't waned on the show yet), it also picked up all the cougar audience too (the holdovers from the women watching Idol).

If buzztime can get more cougars to come in the bar and play, I'm sure a lot of people would think that's a good thing. In addition, they can bring their tweens/teens into the Damon's-type establishments & get the whole family to play. I'm not sure how many more they're actually rake in at 10:00pm (East coast). It probably would've been better suited for the 8:30pm (East coast) time slot. But I agree, it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:23 am 
Centenarian

YAY for the Glee topix! More of the older crowd are into this show than one might think. I know several folks at our site are looking forward to the game!

It's called TRENDalicious for a reason. Idol is old news.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I will have no answers on Glee, except it is a TV program. What network is it on ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
I will have no answers on Glee, except it is a TV program. What network is it on ?

FOX.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:08 am 
Moderating Hobbit

scar wrote:

I think Tim has answered every Glee question ever asked correctly. We should be OK. :)