New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Words List for March 23, 2011
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Same here - we got mixed rain/snow and some small hail - about 4" total accumulation. And we also got a repeat Lex - and my cheating (unintentional - but that's what repeat scores are in a way) perfecto didn't even show up!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Same list we got and it did look familiar; not that our scores reflected it. That said, our score did show up on the national board. In Pastimes, however, we got one perfecto and four more 9800+ scores and did not show up on the leaderboard at all. (And those questions I did not recognize.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Same list we got and it did look familiar; not that our scores reflected it. That said, our score did show up on the national board. In Pastimes, however, we got one perfecto and four more 9800+ scores and did not show up on the leaderboard at all. (And those questions I did not recognize.)

Pasttimes was a repeat too from Feb 23.

Last edited by tchoiniere on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:11 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm with Akbar on Pastimes. Didn't recognize the questions (a couple seemed a bit familiar, but not all of them and more as variants than exact repeats; my Pastimes focus is generally not unwavering however), and didn't show up. My score was not as impressive as Stewart's but before you add in the team multiples was good enough for 9th both on the rankings screen and based on the displayed "individual" top list.

Scores display may have been a problem for BT last night systemwide as neither bar nor individual scores for Lex or Pastimes indicated a national repeat game. The former scores were quite low actually, with bar scores in the 6s and individuals in the low 8s for the leaderboard as I saw it. Either the repeat was not general, or scores showed up pretty much at random, or BT players have hebetated ;) memories for words.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 am 
Centenarian

Leader board was a problem for us, we thought it might be a systems problem at our site. We should have been on the leader board every game after Pastimes but didn't show on the board. Doesn't matter anyway if they were repeat games. i didn't recognize them but Tim said they were. Didn't bother to finish SIX, will try again tonight:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Played last night at Rookies. We had wet snow that didn't accumulate until later - hardly noteworthy weather. But I saw the same questions on Lexitopia that ERIC reported. I only started to suspect repeat questions after the first one on Lexitopia. I had been quite pleased with my Pastimes score prior to that. It was listed as #5, but I also did not see it on the "National" ranking, nor did I see Adams Mill under bar scores as I would have expected.

Definitely do not recall any repeat questions on Six, where I had a disappointing game.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
Same here - we got mixed rain/snow and some small hail - about 4" total accumulation. And we also got a repeat Lex - and my cheating (unintentional - but that's what repeat scores are in a way) perfecto didn't even show up!

Unless you specifically play a game knowing it's a repeat going in, it's not cheating.
Playing those sort of games isn't unethical.
It's merely boring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I'm positive Pastimes was a repeat from that night. Our scores were identical too...First couple of questions in Six were familiar but not sure if it was a repeat. Didnt stay around to find out.