New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nov. 7, 2012 Sci-Files
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Back at SRO OT with four boxes and one iPad all signed in on time and working--check.
COOGS in usual chair--check.
A number of literature questions, some tricky--check.
A question about a German Expressionist fantasy film--check.
A different outcome than the past six or seven weeks--check.

We blew the movie made from "Space: 1999" question even though we'd seen it or something like it before, and Jim split his COOGS/CUUGS answers on a couple of the lit questions so we dropped some points there as well.

Brooke/AARDVK

Post subject: Re: Nov. 7, 2012 Sci-Files
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

You beat me to it, Aardy.
I was going to give you kids a shout out.
Nicely done.
Apparently, dropping that dead weight from the Mezz has done wonders for your game. :mrgreen:

We buggered the Space:1999 movie question also.
GAVV went to it earlier than I providing our point gap.
We also missed the Inception Ariadne question, which I assumed you would nail, and the Silverberg "immortality" book q (which I had correct and then, for reasons unknown, proceeded to wander around to other answers aimlessly much like a five-year-old playing right field)

By our reckoning there were four or five repeat questions from various games over the last couple of years in that game. Did you notice this?
Since we play much less frequently than a lot of folks on here they tend to stand out fairly obviously to us.

Post subject: Re: Nov. 7, 2012 Sci-Files
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

spotes wrote:
We also missed the Inception Ariadne question, which I assumed you would nail, and the Silverberg "immortality" book q (which I had correct and then, for reasons unknown, proceeded to wander around to other answers aimlessly much like a five-year-old playing right field)

By our reckoning there were four or five repeat questions from various games over the last couple of years in that game. Did you notice this?
Since we play much less frequently than a lot of folks on here they tend to stand out fairly obviously to us.

I couldn't exactly remember the "Inception" character's name except that it began with an "A", and combined that with her function of trying to find a way through levels of reality to choose "Ariadne" over the other "A" choice, so we did bleed a few points there. But COOGS and I had both read "Book of Sculls" so we got the full pull on it.

It did seem as though there were more repeat questions than usual, and I worried for a while it might be a repeat game, but then some that were clearly new popped up (e.g., I'd never heard of the "Soldier" film, but fortunately Jim had).

Brooke/AARDVK