New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coaches Pub replacing SRO OT as our Sci-Files location
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I related on November 28 how COOGS and I missed Sci-Files because we couldn't get our boxes to sign on at SRO OT. After a couple of weeks of being led on by SRO people (who were essentially being lied to by the owner, who was blaming the problem on NTN/BT), we finally got to the truth that SRO had stopped paying its subscription fee. We along with members of the Tuesday Showdown team offered help, both financial and otherwise, to get the system reinstated, but our offers have been ignored, and I have given up. I'm going to assume that even though the location had a NTN/BT system that made money because so many people were playing trivia or poker, and although it seems to have a robust customer base, there's some underlying financial problem that can't be solved so it doesn't care about how it treats its long-time regular customers. (There's some uncertainty about the future of the mall in which SRO is located because there's a huge highway expansion going on around it, and the mall, which has been underperforming for years and took a huge hit from stores lost after Hurricane Ike, is likely losing at a minimum a lot of its parking lot, plus access may be difficult for an extended period of time.) Also we have to figure in that at one time, SRO had three locations, and the other two went under, so maybe whatever plagued them caught up with this one.

We will miss the short drive to SRO, the wonderful wait staff, and all the people we've gotten to know there (including many players) over the past seventeen years. However, we are quite happy with Coaches Pub, which offers the new boxes, trivia-friendly staff, some folks who come in for SIX and who we've started talking to, and best of all--karaoke starting almost sooner than we want it to, given that I had to keep telling the KJ I wasn't singing until Pastimes/Lexatopia were over.

Brooke/AARDVK

Post subject: Re: Coaches Pub replacing SRO OT as our Sci-Files location
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of SRO OT, but glad to hear your team has found a good place to land.