New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Sci-files challenge, part deux
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am in Wyoming.

The Henderson score was a repeat, I talked to my buddy.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:
I am in Wyoming.

Bobby, thanks so much for finding this out. I, like SPOTES, was extremely troubled by the near-perfect score on what we and other locations found to be a challenging game.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
I am in Wyoming.

Now that's unfair in the completely opposite direction.
Instead of getting the same game to have a chance at winning legitimately against everyone else, they are excluded from the ranks due to some system issue.
It's BOD's call, but it was previously stated on here that repeat games would invalidate results that week. I know you meant system-wide, but still...
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm 
Centenarian

Well well well, why can't anything ever go smoothly?

I have not closed the books on this year's contest as of yet. As to the repeat game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Henderson, I will get with my Buzztime rep and decide at that point. What I'm leaning toward right now is to just declare an East Coast Champion and a West Coast Champion and leave it at that. The scores from last night, even with the problems, mirror the four-week qualifying scores.

I will keep all of you informed. Thank you for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm 
Centenarian

I meant to say is the scores from last night mirror qualifying scores in regards to East versus East and West versus West teams.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Its intolerable that a location in the finals of a competition should receive a repeat game. Is there anyone here from the location? They should have self-reported the problem.

Also, Buzztime has a lot to learn about communications. It is inexcusable that Fat Dogs was unaware of their status.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
Its intolerable that a location in the finals of a competition should receive a repeat game. Is there anyone here from the location? They should have self-reported the problem.

Also, Buzztime has a lot to learn about communications. It is inexcusable that Fat Dogs was unaware of their status.

I played at the location during qualifying, I am out of town for the finals. So, I reported when a question was asked, even though I am 800 miles away.

There was a question about the scores, I texted my friend and responded within minutes.

Last edited by lewser on Thu May 30, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

This site goes in and out on connectivity on a regular basis, along with several sites in the area.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

We at Coaches Pub are perfectly happy if this ends with just us being declared East Zone champions and BWW Henderson being declared as West Zone champions. The problem here isn't between the teams: it's the Split, that makes teams in both zones unable to determine how they've done the night they do it, and renders all good West Zone team scores suspicious just because the possibility exists that they might not be legitimate.

Let's hope that this inspires NTN/BT to see the folly in the Split and be a force to end it.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:30 am 
Centenarian

AARDVK wrote:
We at Coaches Pub are perfectly happy if this ends with just us being declared East Zone champions and BWW Henderson being declared as West Zone champions. The problem here isn't between the teams: it's the Split, that makes teams in both zones unable to determine how they've done the night they do it, and renders all good West Zone team scores suspicious just because the possibility exists that they might not be legitimate.

Let's hope that this inspires NTN/BT to see the folly in the Split and be a force to end it.

Brooke/AARDVK

After discussing this with my Buzztime rep, I have made the decision to declare an East champion and a West champion. Doing it this way was my original plan and the one game playoff was added later. I feel that this is the most equitable solution I can come up with.

Therefore, Coaches Pub is the East champion and BWW Henderson is the West champion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 am 
King or Queen Postalot

E COLI/&/ETEACH/HFMUDD/whatever-else-he's-called-himself asked me to pass this along:

VANRYN here, Rembrandt's designated sci-fi guy. Just wanted to offer our thanks to B O D for organizing the competition, and our congrats to the winners and all participating teams. Here's hoping that by next year BT will have had the brains to merge the network back to the way it should be ...
(Also, hi to the folks at Kristy's MVP who showed such great hospitality to the poor Canuck who had to play the first round at a rival bar!)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Oh! That's right. I got distracted by the Vegas score thingie and neglected to congratulate those crazy kids from Coaches on their tourney win. Congratulations on your superior geekiness. :mrgreen:

A special shout out to pengwn for reminding me to be gracious. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Received the prize package last night. Pretty sweet stuff, the movie was a nice touch. The XXXL hit the spot as well.

Thanks again for putting the tournament together.

Hopefully next year Buzztime stops being dipshits and unites the network.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. It was more than a lil appropriate that Robert Silverberg was the answer to one of this week's questions, since yesterday was also his 79th birthday. 8-)

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:46 pm 
Centenarian

curse you Silverberg!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 am 
Phosphorus

B O D wrote:
Before I give my preliminary results I feel I must address two issues.

The legitimacy of BWW Henderson's score has been called into question. It was said going into this contest that that could be a possibility. We had no other choice than to use the honor system.

Secondly, I left much of the communications up to Buzztime. Apparently Hot Dogs Grille's players did not receive the word and they played at Bleachers last night. So as not to penalize them for my transgression, I will count their score from Bleachers.

That leaves the talley as follows:

BWW Henderson--14854

Coaches Pub--13540

Fat Dogs/Bleachers--12872

Rembrandts--12686

Yup - I didn't start on this forum until long after this. There was a big gnashing of teeth from the Fat Dog owner - but nobody told us, so there you go. (FDogs I think got rid of buzztime or plan to post-that-whole-foobar)

Woof

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:28 am 
Phosphorus

spotes wrote:
Bottle openers!!!
Hell... now I'm thinking about cheatin'...

For those that might be curious, the shirts BOD sent us last year were great. They were silkscreened with a "Sci-Files" logo, a "rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock" diagram and the names of the top four bars in order of finish. When I wear mine in public I feel just like a super model. Without the puke breath... :mrgreen:

Indeed. Thanks - I have the shirt (as it was, it was post-CABG for me, so they wanted me to have it), and am putting it in a shadowbox frame for my office. (BB&G II is no more, now we mainly show up at Bleachers)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5