New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sci-files challenge, part deux
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 pm 
Himself Fodder

B O D wrote:
Yes, the scores listed are an aggregate of the top five scores for each location. This is the way Buzztime sets up the scoring and it is a bit more accurate than going by site average which may have a slight difference due to rounding up or down. Splitting hairs, true.

FWIW, BT never rounds. They truncate.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I thought i remember reading somewhere that it is now down to 4 teams. Two from each side in the Final Four, am i correct?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:
I thought i remember reading somewhere that it is now down to 4 teams. Two from each side in the Final Four, am i correct?

Well, that would be nice for us, but there's one more week for the East and West teams to fight it out for the top two slots, then the top four play on May 29.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:09 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

B O D wrote:
ranger wrote:
I'm also extremely disappointed in Buzztime's lousy support for this tournament. I finally found the results, buried on my site's page. They say that rules, etc., are set by the location, and we should see management. Our management may be aware of the tournament, but I doubt it.

Lewser, our score appears to be the aggregate of our top five scores for the two nights.

I'm glad we are in the tournament, though.

Sorry about not answering sooner, but I was out of pocket yesterday.

Yes, the scores listed are an aggregate of the top five scores for each location. This is the way Buzztime sets up the scoring and it is a bit more accurate than going by site average which may have a slight difference due to rounding up or down. Splitting hairs, true.

Insofar as each location knowing the rules, I personally contacted ALMOST every site. Those that I was not able to contact were contacted by Buzzime. I was able to give a brief explanation of the rules and the tournament format to someone at each site that I was was able to contact. I also left my contact information such as phone number and email.

Of course, if anyone has any questions they can contact me through this forum either by PM or on this thread.

I have questions. My site's General Manager knows NOTHING about the rules. Apparently, he thinks he is in the business of running a restaurant. Can it officially be confirmed that the top two sites from each feed advance? Since we are currently in 3rd in the East, we'd like to know.

In the future, the rules should be posted, perhaps here and on Badbart. We know Buzztime is too clueless to post them on their site.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 am 
Centenarian

ranger wrote:
B O D wrote:
ranger wrote:
I'm also extremely disappointed in Buzztime's lousy support for this tournament. I finally found the results, buried on my site's page. They say that rules, etc., are set by the location, and we should see management. Our management may be aware of the tournament, but I doubt it.

Lewser, our score appears to be the aggregate of our top five scores for the two nights.

I'm glad we are in the tournament, though.

Sorry about not answering sooner, but I was out of pocket yesterday.

Insofar as each location knowing the rules, I personally contacted ALMOST every site. Those that I was not able to contact were contacted by Buzzime. I was able to give a brief explanation of the rules and the tournament format to someone at each site that I was was able to contact. I also left my contact information such as phone number and email.

Of course, if anyone has any questions they can contact me through this forum either by PM or on this thread.

I have questions. My site's General Manager knows NOTHING about the rules. Apparently, he thinks he is in the business of running a restaurant. Can it officially be confirmed that the top two sites from each feed advance? Since we are currently in 3rd in the East, we'd like to know.

In the future, the rules should be posted, perhaps here and on Badbart. We know Buzztime is too clueless to post them on their site.

Consider this as official confirmation. Yes the two top bars in the East and the two top bars in the West will compete on the final Wednesday. For the final game all previous scores will be thrown out and it will be based strictly on the scores for the final game. These four bars will all receive prizes. This will mainly be contest T-shirts and whatever swag Buzztime adds. I'm also working on something extra for the top team.

By the way, no one has to worry about Shenanigans sneaking into the final round. We have stunk the place up the last three games. What a time to have our worst three games in a long time. If we could use the second round of the first game, the first round of the second game,
and the third round of the third game as one game we would have a decent one game.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

If we make it far enough to receive a prize package can you please not send it to BWW? I would bet dollars to donuts that we would never receive them, willing to possibly never receive the Buzztime swag but would be very disappointed if some douche in the bar got a shirt I earned. I know it is just a shirt, but still. Thanks for the clarification of the rules.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 am 
Centenarian

lewser wrote:
If we make it far enough to receive a prize package can you please not send it to BWW? I would bet dollars to donuts that we would never receive them, willing to possibly never receive the Buzztime swag but would be very disappointed if some douche in the bar got a shirt I earned. I know it is just a shirt, but still. Thanks for the clarification of the rules.

I will certainly make every effort to get the prizes to the players who earned them. If the winning teams have players on this forum then I can get with them through private message to get an address to send the packages. If not, I will find a way to contact a representative player from the team.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 am 
Himself Fodder

Send LEWSER a small t-shirt and request a picture.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ROMEO will not post a picture of her wearing nothing but that shirt.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
ROMEO will not post a picture of her wearing nothing but that shirt.

Not ROMEO, you. Small t-shirt and jean shorts, the picture can go on t-shirts for the next tournament. :o :o :o

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:09 am 
Centenarian

Tonight is the final-round of qualifying for the final four. Good luck to all who still have a chance which, sadly enough, does not include my own bar.

Just to reiterate, the top two from the East and the top two from the West will face-off next Wednesday. Previous scores will be disregarded and the winner will be based strictly on next week's scores. Places (and prizes) will be awarded accordingly.

I just approved the artwork for the T-shirts. And I must say they will be very nice. I will have to remember to order the extra extra small for Lewser's photo shoot. Of course it has the word "Buzztime" on it so he may not want to wear it.

Again, good luck to all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would like to make a request. Our whole group thought tonight was the final night, so we all scheduled vacations and such. Since the buzztime website posted the games included tonight as the final. I know that it was stated here that tonight was the final, but not everybody is on this board. I would humbly request the finals to be postponed until the following week, if not we will have one person competing in the finals. I am gone, along with several others. I would like a postponing of the finals.

Thanks for your consideration.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:06 pm 
Centenarian

lewser wrote:
I would like to make a request. Our whole group thought tonight was the final night, so we all scheduled vacations and such. Since the buzztime website posted the games included tonight as the final. I know that it was stated here that tonight was the final, but not everybody is on this board. I would humbly request the finals to be postponed until the following week, if not we will have one person competing in the finals. I am gone, along with several others. I would like a postponing of the finals.

Thanks for your consideration.

This is to acknowledge your post. I am working on an equitable solution. Worst case scenario you still won a prize. Best case is I can get in touch with the other bars and see if a postponement will work for them.

By the way, I show Coaches Pub and Fat Dogs Grill in the East and the BWW Henderson and Rembrandts in the West.

I know that Brooke at Coaches follows this thread. If anyone from Fat Dogs or Rembrandts are on this forum, please contact me by private message.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:09 pm 
Centenarian

How do we see how we ranked after last nights final? It won't let me click on "when worlds collide" on my home sites page, just wanted to see how are final rank was if we were still in top 10

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 pm 
Centenarian

richte09 wrote:
How do we see how we ranked after last nights final? It won't let me click on "when worlds collide" on my home sites page, just wanted to see how are final rank was if we were still in top 10

I could not access it from the Shenanigans page, either. However, when I go to the Coaches Pub page I can access it. It then shows a top 10 for the East. If you go to BWW Henderson page you can access the West.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:03 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

B O D wrote:
richte09 wrote:

I could not access it from the Shenanigans page, either. However, when I go to the Coaches Pub page I can access it. It then shows a top 10 for the East. If you go to BWW Henderson page you can access the West.

I've got a bookmark at work, but I'm at home.

from your sites home page on buzztime like this:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/14440

append it so it looks like this:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/14440/competitions/5891

---Edit--->
I still can't believe we got third after pretty much tanking the first round.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:59 am 
Centenarian

This is just to let everyone know that the finals will go on next Wednesday as scheduled.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

East:

Site Total Score
1 Coaches Pub Houston, TX 243,276
2 Fat Dog's Grille & Pub Greensboro, NC 238,607
3 Buffalo Wild Wings Onalaska Onalaska, WI 233,786
4 86th Street Pub Indianapolis, IN 232,657
5 Buffalo Wild Wings Kent Kent, OH 217,304
6 Break A Way Bar and Grill Sault Saint Marie, ON 216,226
7 Heroes Sports Bar & Grill Wichita, KS 215,093
8 Sandbar and Grill Newport News, VA 208,178
9 Hard Times Cafe and Cue Germantown, MD 206,673
10 The Adams Mill Restaurant Manchester, CT 204,669

Date Players
May 1st 129
May 8th 144
May 15th 137
May 22nd 133

West:

Site Total Score
1 Buffalo Wild Wings Henderson Henderson, NV 227,567
2 Rembrandts Calgary, AB 215,467
3 Kristy's MVP San Diego, CA 215,285
4 Marc's Sports Grill and Nightlife Glendale, AZ 179,062
5 Torrey Pines Pub Las Vegas, NV 176,227
6 Home Turf Sports Bar Portland, OR 166,121
7 Buffalo Wild Wings Missoula Missoula, MT 155,030
8 Old Chicago Colorado Springs Colorado Springs, CO 126,003
9 TGI Fridays Colorado Springs Colorado Springs, CO 101,771
10 Old Chicago Thornton 9 Thornton, CO 49,719

Date Players
May 1st 80
May 8th 67
May 15th 94
May 22nd 80

Top 4 in the final should be the best 4 scores.....

Screw the West, they suck. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

[quote="BUD"

Top 4 in the final should be the best 4 scores.....

Screw the West, they suck. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yeah, because all those years when the West in the NBA had teams miss the playoffs with 50 victories while teams in the East were making it with under .500 records.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:07 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congrats to those in the finals!

Once again, many thanks for arranging this tournament.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:22 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I would also like to thank all who set this tournament up. As far as the issue of lower scoring West teams getting in, here is a perspective from a member of the team who finished third in the East. While we were disappointed to miss out on the championship, we knew what we had to do and could not. Congratulations and good skill to all who made it, regardless of their qualifying score.

Another thought. The lower scores in the West are evidence of honest play. I recall some concerns about West teams exploiting the split, but at least none did so in the qualifying stage. That is gratifying to one who has argued that we should assume the honesty of competition participants, absent evidence of dishonesty.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would say the lower scores over here are for a few simple reasons: the game, because of the split doesn't interest many of us; I still think the game is a game of feel the more you play the better you get whether it be because they have repeats or you get a general sense of the question writers style. The split has made many of us not give a crap anymore, I used to love Sci files, now, because of several factors it isn't a priority.

I could roll over, fart and make the top 10.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:19 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Sorry I haven't been here for a bit--last week I spent preparing my new website SFPro Editors (still under construction at sfproeditors.com) to have cards ready to go to Comicpalooza, where I got to see a great Trek lineup (Avery Brooks, Armin Shimerman, Rene Auberjonois, and Patrick Stewart).

If anyone is here from BWW Henderson, our average at Coaches Pub was 13,540, good for 2nd in the East Zone against Shooters (Austin), who was augmented tonight and last night by HENRY and MOUSER from Heroes.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

And this is why people feel uneasy including west/mountain time zoned bars... and yet another fine example of why the split needs to die a horrible death.
There is no way possible that the scores from Henderson last night are legit. Before last week the five handles in play last night had played a combined total of 47 SF games and broke 13K a grand total of once. In the last two weeks they did it 9 times out of 9.
Perhaps being less blatant this week by beating their previous averages by over 4000 points, roughly a perfectly timed increase of around 40%, should have been the order of the day.
Naughty, naughty...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 am 
Centenarian

Before I give my preliminary results I feel I must address two issues.

The legitimacy of BWW Henderson's score has been called into question. It was said going into this contest that that could be a possibility. We had no other choice than to use the honor system.

Secondly, I left much of the communications up to Buzztime. Apparently Hot Dogs Grille's players did not receive the word and they played at Bleachers last night. So as not to penalize them for my transgression, I will count their score from Bleachers.

That leaves the talley as follows:

BWW Henderson--14854

Coaches Pub--13540

Fat Dogs/Bleachers--12872

Rembrandts--12686

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next