New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 8-20 DePalma question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After being away from the game for awhile it's nice to see that the clueless 20-something gal writing the Sci-Files games still has gainful employment.
"Which Brain DePalma film features a girl with telekinetic abilities?"
Pre-called The Fury and was forced to stay on it even after noticing Carrie was also on the list moments later.
Assuming most top bars went with the more obvious Carrie, I imagine the writer's ignorance of the topic cost us this game.
If anyone else also fell into the trap of knowing more than the chick writing this game, be a sport and tell me so I'll feel better. :mrgreen:
It would be so much easier if someone at BT was actually familiar with these topics instead of just randomly filling out distractors off of imdb with no clue whatsoever what those other films contain.
The monkeys strike again...

Post subject: Re: 8-20 DePalma question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
spotes wrote:
After being away from the game for awhile it's nice to see that the clueless 20-something gal writing the Sci-Files games still has gainful employment.
Pre-called The Fury and was forced to stay on it even after noticing Carrie was also on the list moments later.
Assuming most top bars went with the more obvious Carrie, I imagine the writer's ignorance of the topic cost us this game.
If anyone else also fell into the trap of knowing more than the chick writing this game, be a sport and tell me so I'll feel better. :mrgreen:
It would be so much easier if someone at BT was actually familiar with these topics instead of just randomly filling out distractors off of imdb with no clue whatsoever what those other films contain.

You are asking for the near impossible my lil simian friend. 8-)
I did not play but, I'm not sure I would have not made the same decision. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:41 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I rarely play sci files anymore, but as luck would have it I played tonight. And I went for the obvious, Carrie. D'OH! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:34 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

SIX managed something of the kind, asking us to identify which nation shared part of Borneo.

Both Brunei and Indonesia were available answers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Rhino wrote:
SIX managed something of the kind, asking us to identify which nation shared part of Borneo.

Both Brunei and Indonesia were available answers.

I played last night, and I agree the question was offside (5 yard penalty), but it was possible to work out Brunei = Borneo, therefore Indonesia = Timor

I struggled a lot through the second batch of matching, and the whole marathon round, but salvaged a near-52k game with an almost-perfect final round

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:33 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I went The Fury also much more Telekinetics :oops: :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:53 pm 
Centenarian

spotes wrote:

Don't feel bad, we went with "The Fury" too and stayed onit until the end:(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 am 
Centenarian

Both the Carrie and the Borneo questions drew howls of frustration from our group. We were able to sort out the "correct" answers, however.