New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What Are The Odds of This?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Last night I played Sci-Files for the first time in six months. I'd been away from Wednesdays due to other activities.

And what do you know..at least two questions were repeats from the last time I played..The Quatermass Experiment and the Heechee were definite repeats. Wonder Woman might have been as well.

Most of the rest of the game wasn't a repeat otherwise the HOF scores would have been higher. Also the factoid after the Big Bang Theory question referenced this week's episode of the show.

Post subject: Re: What Are The Odds of This?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
Also the factoid after the Big Bang Theory question referenced this week's episode of the show.

I'm sorry we didn't get to see the TBBT question as we're going to get to meet Jim Parsons next week a a fundraiser for the Houston theatre group he started out with and that would have been something unique to say to him (if anyone remembers the question, maybe I can still do it).

We ended up not getting to see about the first six questions. When we got to Catbirds right before Speed Freaks, we learned that of the three chargers/fifteen boxes, one of the chargers plus its boxes were missing, one charger was cooking the boxes along with charging them, and one wasn't working at all. We ended up with the only four boxes that would let us sign in, and while I was working with the bartender to try and locate the missing charger/boxes, those four all became unresponsive (stopped taking the Speed Freak answers and wouldn't even let us go to the Menu). As it didn't look like we were going to be able to play anything, we headed over to Mezz so at least we wouldnt miss PasTimes, etc.

Supposedly an NTN rep is coming today bringing new chargers to Catbirds.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

AARDVK wrote:
stevej84 wrote:
Also the factoid after the Big Bang Theory question referenced this week's episode of the show.

I'm sorry we didn't get to see the TBBT question as we're going to get to meet Jim Parsons next week a a fundraiser for the Houston theatre group he started out with and that would have been something unique to say to him (if anyone remembers the question, maybe I can still do it).

It was something along the lines of:

On "The Big Bang Theory", which former child star is Sheldon's nemesis?

The factoid goes on to mention that Wil Wheaton appeared as himself in the current episode

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Thanks, LOWFI. I'll let you all know if I get a chance to mention Sci-Files to Mr Parsons (just in case he shares that particular interest with his character).

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
Thanks, LOWFI. I'll let you all know if I get a chance to mention Sci-Files to Mr Parsons (just in case he shares that particular interest with his character).

Brooke/AARDVK

I got that one because I saw both episodes that Will Wheaton was in. I have seen Parsons in interviews and a very early movie he had a bit part in. He is always Sheldon.
Let us know what your impression is of him. I like Sheldon. He is the star of the show in my opinion.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
AARDVK wrote:

Brooke/AARDVK

I got that one because I saw both episodes that Will Wheaton was in. I have seen Parsons in interviews and a very early movie he had a bit part in. He is always Sheldon.
Let us know what your impression is of him. I like Sheldon. He is the star of the show in my opinion.

Was this his turn as a secretary in 10 Items or Less?